Speculation "Since Last Charge" is confusing and pointless

Well said. The real issue for me is that I purchased a Touring with a 92KWh battery, and it is SUPPOSED TO HAVE A RANGE OF 425 miles. 425/92=4.62miles/KWh. There is no way anyone has ever achieved this range, even going downhill BOTH ways! Please stop hiding behind the "EPA rating". The cars need to be sold and advertised with REAL RANGE expectations. I could have saved a ton of money had I known my range would be more in the Tesla range (and also got a car with real dream drive that works).

The instantaneous and average miles/KWh needs to be displayed AT ALL TIMES, on the dash board. There is a lot of wasted and/or redundant space that could be utilized, and this is a BASIC function that needs to show up. Right now the average is buried several screens deep to make it hard to find, but I am now averaging about 3.5 miles/KWh. That's 322 miles per charge. Only about 76% of what is advertised! I AM an old man, and I drive like one, so I would expect to get MUCH better efficiency. How could the EPA be SOOOOO WRONG?

Lastly, vampire losses as my car sits in my garage of about 3 miles/day is absolutely unacceptable, and I can't even get a call back from customer service. I know there are posted FAQs, but they are not helpful when they don't walk you through the steps to fix this. HELP!
I've gotten well over 360 with my Touring. And I took the Aero inserts out of my wheels.

It really depends on conditions and how you drive. Speed is the number one factor. But something as simple as light rain can knock quite a few miles off of longer trips, I've found.

Thanks. WOW! How do you get the average miles/KWh to show on your dash? Does that work
There are many cases of people achieving the EPA rating and higher here on the forum.

The FAQs you mentioned have a huge amount of information on range and achieving your best possible amounts. There is no “fix“ for anything you mentioned because nothing is broken.
There are many cases of people achieving the EPA rating and higher here on the forum.

The FAQs you mentioned have a huge amount of information on range and achieving your best possible amounts. There is no “fix“ for anything you mentioned because nothing is broken.

only for trip A? Mine does not do that.

I have 19" wheels. I keep my key fob in the house at least 15 feet from the garage at all times, unless I am taking the car out. My wife has her key wrapped in faraday.

Bobby, you may be OK with losing 3 miles/day just sitting there and may think nothing is wrong, but we will have to disagree on that. I still expect Lucid to respond to my request to try to help FIX this. Many others also see this as a problem.

Bobby, you may be OK with losing 3 miles/day just sitting there and may think nothing is wrong, but we will have to disagree on that. I still expect Lucid to respond to my request to try to help FIX this. Many others also see this as a problem.
Are you waking up the car to check on it using the app? If so, don’t do that anymore. Are you going in your garage and is the car waking up because you are close to it? Do you have Wi-Fi turned on in the car? If so, try turning it off.

Bobby, I know you think I am being negative for no reason, but critical feedback is how we will improve this product. I basically LOVE this car, and I want nothing more than to have it perform up to my expectations. My expectation's are not something I made up, but are published and set by Lucid. To me, words mean something, and if I'm told I should get 4.6 and I get 3.5, I have to conclude that either there is something wrong with the car, or my driving, or my expectations. I simply need an explanation that holds water and helps me understand the DETAILS on how to improve/fix/justify the discrepancy. Perhaps there are simple things I can do to help myself and then even help others. That would be the ideal outcome. But we first need to begin with honest assessments of our actual experiences and analysis of the issues we that we are experiencing. If the majority of drivers are getting 4.6, then I need help to understand what I can do to imitate that driving skill. If I am still unable to achieve that standard, perhaps I am not skilled enough, or there is a problem with the car. This goes for driving, parking, and all aspects of the owner experience. I want to brag and OWN the BRAGGING RIGHTS for what I believe is the very BEST EV ever built. Right now I am falling short, and I don't like it...

Is mobile key set up? That will unlock the car too. And 15 ft isn't far enough. Needs to be at least 30 ft away, I believe. Maybe try yours in a faraday pouch too?

Bobby, I know you think I am being negative for no reason, but critical feedback is how we will improve this product. I basically LOVE this car, and I want nothing more than to have it perform up to my expectations. My expectation's are not something I made up, but are published and set by Lucid. To me, words mean something, and if I'm told I should get 4.6 and I get 3.5, I have to conclude that either there is something wrong with the car, or my driving, or my expectations. I simply need an explanation that holds water and helps me understand the DETAILS on how to improve/fix/justify the discrepancy. Perhaps there are simple things I can do to help myself and then even help others. That would be the ideal outcome. But we first need to begin with honest assessments of our actual experiences and analysis of the issues we that we are experiencing. If the majority of drivers are getting 4.6, then I need help to understand what I can do to imitate that driving skill. If I am still unable to achieve that standard, perhaps I am not skilled enough, or there is a problem with the car. This goes for driving, parking, and all aspects of the owner experience. I want to brag and OWN the BRAGGING RIGHTS for what I believe is the very BEST EV ever built. Right now I am falling short, and I don't like it...

I wish I had the energy to talk you off the ledge, but right now, I’m just too exhausted.

I think one thing to realize about the EPA testing is that there are two different allowable EPA tests - 2 cycle and 5 cycle. Lucid and Tesla are the only 2 using the 5 cycle, I believe, and it artificially increases the range (I don't know the specifics of why), so Tesla and Lucid often fall short of the EPA ratings. The other brands are artificially decreased by the 2 cycle test and subsequently typically beat their EPA estimates. The way to fix this? Write to your congressman to make a standard range test so all cars are tested equally.

All that being said, Lucid still wipes the floor with all the other EVs out there, no matter how you drive it. Enjoy it!

I could have saved a ton of money had I known my range would be more in the Tesla range (and also got a car with real dream drive that works).
I want to share that recently my wife bought a Tesla model 3. Rated for 274 miles. The odometer now reads 450 miles and I’ve had to charge it to 100% FOUR TIMES.

Before the lucid I’ve owned a Nissan Leaf (2015) BMW i3, Kia EV6.

The leaf was never accurate, which was scary because total range was 68 miles. The BMW was always accurate… I believe BMW is very conservative in general which I appreciate. The Kia was rated for 287 and I would get 220.

Long story short these ranges are never achievable IMO, but Tesla by far flabbergasts me on the delta. Lucid by comparison is much more acceptable.

I and most others that have reported here lose about 0.25% or 1 mile per day when the car is not checked on with the app or unlocked by a mobile key or key fob nearby. Keeping the fob within 15 feet of the car is probably too close. If you are losing 3 miles per day, then there is something wrong like you are waking the car with the app or your key fob.

Your beef should be with the EPA, not Lucid. They played by the rules. The testing system is faulty and produces artificially high numbers. Tesla advertises them, and, to compete, Lucid does as well.

Thanks. WOW! How do you get the average miles/KWh to show on your dash? Does that work

only for trip A? Mine does not do that.

I have 19" wheels. I keep my key fob in the house at least 15 feet from the garage at all times, unless I am taking the car out. My wife has her key wrapped in faraday.
That’s from last year which is pre 2.0 software, which used to display mi/kWh on the cockpit for Trip A, B or last charge, your choice. 2.0 software took that away, not sure why, but presumably with the intent to give us more display flexibility in the future, which has yet to be implemented. Believe me, myself, @Bobby and many others have mentioned this as a big place for improvement, as the cockpit in its current state is very underutilized. Lucid are no dummies, they’re on top of this. If you’ll notice in promo videos of the air before release, the cockpit had all sorts of user configured info where the “air” logo is, so I’m sure it’s coming. If you had gotten the car pre 2.0 software I suspect you would have sold it. They’ve come a long way in only a year. As for phantom drain, one thing I learned is if you park the car shortly after DCFC, it will drain like that as the BMS has to get the battery back to optimal temps. Also if sometimes the car is downloading updated maps, sometimes data in preparation for a big software update (which should be coming soon), diagnostics if you chose to share that data with Lucid, etc. These all consume power. This vehicle is very cloud connected. I doubt anything is mechanically wrong with your vehicle, aside from possibly not going to sleep as much as it should?

Last edited:
I drive 85 mph on the interstate and get around 3.1 to 3.4. If I drive on the highway at 63 - 65mph I get around 4.0 - 4.2 so for me speed is the biggest factor for range. I have the 20 inch wheels. If you want to maximize range you would need 19 inch wheels and slower driving. After that it's things like how many people in the car, how much luggage, HVAC settings etc that impact range but people here have reported that the difference is minimal. Highway Assist is also said to improve range based on forum experience. I generally use highway assist when available on road trips with for me is almost 100% of the time in my area of the country.

I'm not certain this belongs in this thread or a different one. Unless one fully understands charging and lithium-ion batteries, all range estimates assume driving to 0 percent charge, no? Yet, if you want your batteries to last, you should not drive the car below 20 percent. So you can lop off that last 20 percent from any range estimates. This is not a Lucid problem. But it's very frustrating.

I think one thing to realize about the EPA testing is that there are two different allowable EPA tests - 2 cycle and 5 cycle. Lucid and Tesla are the only 2 using the 5 cycle, I believe, and it artificially increases the range (I don't know the specifics of why), so Tesla and Lucid often fall short of the EPA ratings. The other brands are artificially decreased by the 2 cycle test and subsequently typically beat their EPA estimates. The way to fix this? Write to your congressman to make a standard range test so all cars are tested equally.

All that being said, Lucid still wipes the floor with all the other EVs out there, no matter how you drive it. Enjoy it!
It's the other way around, Lucid and Tesla do the 5 cycle. I'm not sure if they are the only ones using 5 cycle but as you say, many do not.

I posted this in another thread a week or so ago but here it is again. Attached is my commute, I charge 1x/week and my SoC varies. I reset the Trip counter during my DCFC session so it would match with the since last charge numbers. My driving, is damn near EPA without even trying. You’ll notice that since last charge shows 4.1 as opposed to my 4.5 driving. That’s due to the BMS. As @Bunnylebowski said, I charged to my usual 90% and drove 15 miles to my office. It was about 50 outside when I charged, but even my 15 mile drive wasn’t enough to get the batteries down to optimum temp, so the BMS took over and my overall efficiency dropped. I’ve had my car since May of ‘22, and I’ve made my gripes known with their BMS system, but they are smarter than me and I’d also rather them error on the side of caution to prolong battery life. With that said, if I DCFC and actually road trip, the trip numbers and since last charge numbers will be identical. Right now, I’m leaning towards your FOB/mobile key being the issue. My FOBs are stored in a faraday box and I don’t use mobile key. With the upcoming update, you’ll be able to turn off the passive unlock setting. I do not know if that will stop the car from hunting for a signal, but it will stop it from opening and closing the handles all the time when nearby. As far as driving goes, smooth mode only with high regen. It’s tough, but don’t rocket off the line as the car is heavy and requires most of its power consumption to get it rolling. Highway speeds are best kept at 75 or below to maximize range, and if you haven’t passed the ~2500 mile break in of the motors that will also yield some small efficiency gains. After that, you’re at the mercy of your local climate and terrain. I’ve done numerous long trips and can easily get 85-95% of epa numbers overall, so can you.

Attachments

• IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
Your beef should be with the EPA, not Lucid. They played by the rules. The testing system is faulty and produces artificially high numbers. Tesla advertises them, and, to compete, Lucid does as well.
This is about the long and short of it. I've accepted that reality and moved on

My wife's AMG EQS consistently gets better range than the EPA ratings and my DE-P consistently less. I don't have an issue with the true range I just get tired of my car never telling me the true range left. Lucid can fix that and should and stop hiding behind EPA test results.

Back