Service

csmith53

Cars
GT
I have confirmed reservation for GT. I am 8 hours to closest service center in Rivera Beach Florida. Anyone have experience with Mobile Service vans? With mobile van delivery, are vehicle operations thoroughly explained? Any idea when Atlanta might get a showroom and/or service center? It’s only 4 hours and 260 miles away. I would love to visit a showroom, in Miami or Houston. Will Lucid pick you up from and to airport and give VIP treatment?

I have confirmed reservation for GT. I am 8 hours to closest service center in Rivera Beach Florida. Anyone have experience with Mobile Service vans? With mobile van delivery, are vehicle operations thoroughly explained? Any idea when Atlanta might get a showroom and/or service center? It’s only 4 hours and 260 miles away. I would love to visit a showroom, in Miami or Houston. Will Lucid pick you up from and to airport and give VIP treatment?
This is the Service van from Riviera Beach, FL. I wanted to take a look inside but never got to it. Looks impressive. Give Lucid a call. I am sure they will do their best to accommodate you.

Attachments

• Lucid Service Van.jpg
    Lucid Service Van.jpg
    915 KB · Views: 369
This is the Service van from Riviera Beach, FL. I wanted to take a look inside but never got to it. Looks impressive. Give Lucid a call. I am sure they will do their best to accommodate you.

The vans are great. They’ve got two kinds - one for wheels/tires and one for “other”.

The vans have espresso machines and will offer you coffee for crying out loud, heh, so they are very well equipped.

The vans are great. They’ve got two kinds - one for wheels/tires and one for “other”.

The vans have espresso machines and will offer you coffee for crying out loud, heh, so they are very well equipped.
Lies! The smaller service vans aren't equipped with coffee machines only the larger ones. Unfortunately, all my service visits were in the small vans. :mad:

When we looked at Millbrae opening they let us see in the vans, they were REALLY well equiped

2 vans, but I am 8 hours, 600 miles away. What level of service will I get?

Where are you located? I have serious concerns about this as well. I am in Charlotte.

Where are you located? I have serious concerns about this as well. I am in Charlotte.
Florala, Alabama. Small rural town on Alabama/Florida border. Atlanta is 4 hours, 250 miles away.

I just did a reservation for a Touring. My only hesitation is whether there will be a Las Vegas service center in the future. What does someone do if they need service in an area without a service center?

I'm gonna start off with the nearest service center being 400 miles away in Chicago. Service vans should come with pizza ovens at that distance.

I'm gonna start off with the nearest service center being 400 miles away in Chicago. Service vans should come with pizza ovens at that distance.
The vans come with coffee machines according to the website.

You might need to upgrade to the GT, so you can ensure you have enough range to reach the service center which is 400 miles away...

The vans come with coffee machines according to the website.

You might need to upgrade to the GT, so you can ensure you have enough range to reach the service center which is 400 miles away...
Yep, getting the GT. Just a few Grey days (months) away...

Just make sure you order grey or silver. They may be more likely to have closer service centers to you by the time they are able to reliably and competently paint their cars those colors. Yes, I am going to continually jab them about not being able to paint a car those colors until they prove me wrong.

I am 600+ miles away from the closest Service Center so it does concern me. They have assured me though that they have service vans in place and arrangements to do any needed service/repairs. I guess they assured me as well that color should not impact delivery timing either, hmmmm.

I'm kind of wondering how many of the software issues have been dealt with in person versus over the phone...I seem to remember some of the early owners mentioning mobile service, and wondering whether there was a distinction for the software vs. any hardware problems.

I'm kind of wondering how many of the software issues have been dealt with in person versus over the phone...I seem to remember some of the early owners mentioning mobile service, and wondering whether there was a distinction for the software vs. any hardware problems.
Basically, for early DE owners any problem they sent a mobile service for in the first 2-3 months. I've noticed they don't send out for every issue now because some of the software stuff they will pull logs OTA, hence a previous update was improving their back channel communications with the vehicle.

Kind of thought they might have been all over it, just to make sure. Probably started to run into the "coffee supply chain" problem after awhile, and had to reduce service calls...do you deal with software stuff over the phone, and do they ever push "fixes" (other than essential software updates)?

I never got anything pushed specifically to my vehicle. A lot of the early software issues were known issues that were patched in an update. Only time they specifically pushed anything to my car was when they had to replace the MCU and essentially had to reload the entire software package into the car again. But they did that all during service stepping up each update as it came through.

Back