Scheduling of EV Charging

BS8899

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I am a new Lucid owner (Lucid Aur Grand Touring). I see the Lucid can be charged at home using a Level 2 charger or directly connect a 240V (or 120V) to the Wunderbox. That's all great!
My question is, how do you SCHEDULE charging vis-a-vis, if I plug my Lucid in at 6PM but I want the charging to start at 9PM where the TOU rates cut in, how do you do that? It seems like the Wunderbox has no scheduling capability (and no abiliy to set the current limit). I can do scheduling via the Level 2 charger (I have a JuiceBox). If I use the JuiceBox, it can schedule, but meanwhile, the Lucid goes to sleep and when the JuiceBox is ready to charge at 9PM, the Lucid is fast asleep!. Is there a way around it?

Also, it seems to me the Wunderbox should have a clock/scheduler. I have a HondaClarity (PHEV) and its has an internal scheduler. that allows you to set

Update: it worked to not charge while plugged in during on-peak hours which I setz however, when the time came to charge, it didn't start charging and only showed a cable plugged in message.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230217_214712_Lucid.jpg
    Screenshot_20230217_214712_Lucid.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 82
Update: it worked to not charge while plugged in during on-peak hours which I setz however, when the time came to charge, it didn't start charging and only showed a cable plugged in message.
Sounds like scheduled charging is still not working as intended. May I ask what EVSE you have?

I wonder what scenario the software was tested on. Different EVSE?
Please post your EVSE type (Lucid LHCS, Chargepoint, Lucid Mobile cable).

I'm curious if anyone with a Lucid branded charger got it to work. That would be the obvious box they tested on.

Just updated to the new software version and was playing around with the schedule option. Looks like it’s a 12 hour block and you cannot customize it.

I have scheduled charging from 11.00 pm to 11.00 am and looks like the remaining 12 hours would be charge immediately. I have scheduled my EVSE (juicebox) also to start at 11.00m tonight. Will test and confirm if it works with juicebox

I have a Grizzl-E Duo, and it didn't work as I thought it would (which is to charge immediately during the "scheduled" interval and wait during the "unscheduled" interval). But I haven't really futzed with it much. I really don't see how it could be EVSE dependent, or why it needs to be. From a software standpoint, all it's doing is to time a function it already has (stop charging, start charging).

I find the wording on this new function to be completely confusing.

As it happens, I had just started on a little home project to build an outlet timer for the 240V outlet that my charger is plugged into. I ordered the parts only yesterday, and was thinking of canceling it, but now this malfunctioning feature gives me pause.

I believe that @hydbob use the Lucid Connected Home Charger and the schedule did not work for him. I am curious if it has worked for anyone.
Scheduled charging didn't work for me either with the LHCS. Have to wonder who it is working for.

I do have a few quick charging questions because I'm wondering if I'm missing something. On Eric Bach's tech talk, he demonstrated how the light bar and the rear tail lamp both perform a nice lighting crescendo when plugged in and charging. I've charged twice now, once briefly at home delivery night to make sure my EVSE was operating correctly and again today at an EA fast charger. Each time, the light bar/tail light sequence never illuminated. Is this a feature reserved for Lucid's OEM EVSE's? Has this feature been removed? Or is there something wrong with my car?

I do have a few quick charging questions because I'm wondering if I'm missing something. On Eric Bach's tech talk, he demonstrated how the light bar and the rear tail lamp both perform a nice lighting crescendo when plugged in and charging. I've charged twice now, once briefly at home delivery night to make sure my EVSE was operating correctly and again today at an EA fast charger. Each time, the light bar/tail light sequence never illuminated. Is this a feature reserved for Lucid's OEM EVSE's? Has this feature been removed? Or is there something wrong with my car?
I think I saw this on my car briefly once. Maybe it is a short show that only lasts several seconds.

No it only does the animation when it first starts charging for a minute or two and then stops.

I think I saw this on my car briefly once. Maybe it is a short show that only lasts several seconds.
Interesting. His demonstration made it seem like it was a visual cue that didn't have a set time limit.

Interesting. His demonstration made it seem like it was a visual cue that didn't have a set time limit.
Oh it also starts back up if your car is still charging and you unlock it.

Were you able to force start it from the app, or did you have to unplug and plug back in to get it to charge?

Back