Scheduled Maintenance

How long does the 12,000 mile service take? If I drive to Tyson’s and wait, I’d like to have an idea how long to expect.

And what are our options if nearest svc center is 7-8hrs away? I’m about half way to 12k so just curious at this point - curious if anyones had the 12k chkup done via mobile unit?

How long does the 12,000 mile service take? If I drive to Tyson’s and wait, I’d like to have an idea how long to expect.
Ask them. Your best source.

Just had my 12k on Touring. Mobile unit but they need two jacks to rotate tires. My guy only has one jack. Had to take frunk apart to check coolant port valve. Replaced wipers, visor and FOB batteries, cabin filters and fill fluids. No charge until tires get rotated. Around 2 hours to complete.
IMG_9920.jpeg

IMG_9917.jpegIMG_9919.jpeg

Last edited:
I read somewhere else that the sun visor batteries only needed replacing every three years. You'd have to use the vanity lights an awful lot to require a new battery every year.
My visor batteries were dead in just a little over a year and we rarely use them - perhaps 2 or three times before the batteries were done.

My visor batteries were dead in just a little over a year and we rarely use them - perhaps 2 or three times before the batteries were done.

Yeah, it's odd. When I took our Air in for the first annual service visit, I was told visor battery replacement was a mandatory replacement item for that visit.

Yeah, it's odd. When I took our Air in for the first annual service visit, I was told visor battery replacement was a mandatory replacement item for that visit.
That seems odd, especially since you might have replaced them yourself and they might be fine. It also seems wasteful. Mandatory service is usually required to avoid subsequent issues related to failing to do it. But the worst case scenario is that you'd have the batteries go dead later on. If it's truly mandatory, then perhaps when I get to that point, I should take the batteries out, test them, and leave them out before going for service. If they're good, I can hold onto them. Otherwise I can recycle them.

That seems odd, especially since you might have replaced them yourself and they might be fine. It also seems wasteful. Mandatory service is usually required to avoid subsequent issues related to failing to do it. But the worst case scenario is that you'd have the batteries go dead later on. If it's truly mandatory, then perhaps when I get to that point, I should take the batteries out, test them, and leave them out before going for service. If they're good, I can hold onto them. Otherwise I can recycle them.
They replace your fob battery every time you bring it in, regardless of the charge status.

I don't see any reason not to pull the batteries out of the visors before your year-one service, if you want to recycle them or use them in another device. Lucid is likely just recycling or throwing them out, anyway.

They replace your fob battery every time you bring it in, regardless of the charge status.

I don't see any reason not to pull the batteries out of the visors before your year-one service, if you want to recycle them or use them in another device. Lucid is likely just recycling or throwing them out, anyway.
I noticed that. I had a few things noted on a due bill and a few things that needed to be attended to and made an appointment within days of getting the car. Despite having just a few hundred miles on it, they changed the battery.

It seems counterproductive, not only because it's wasteful but also because it gives the impression that they don't expect the battery to last very long. Also, it's not difficult to check the battery with a meter and put it back if it's within spec.

I noticed that. I had a few things noted on a due bill and a few things that needed to be attended to and made an appointment within days of getting the car. Despite having just a few hundred miles on it, they changed the battery.

It seems counterproductive, not only because it's wasteful but also because it gives the impression that they don't expect the battery to last very long. Also, it's not difficult to check the battery with a meter and put it back if it's within spec.
Well they know there is a design flaw in the fob and not everyone will use batteries without the bitterant coating. Replacing it just saves CS the trouble of someone complaining about a dead fob.

It seems counterproductive, not only because it's wasteful but also because it gives the impression that they don't expect the battery to last very long.
They don’t expect the battery to last very long. They expect it to last about a year, plus or minus a few months to a year.

That’s why they replace it.

Checking it with a meter would mean forcing you to change it sometime in the next year or so before your next service.

People would complain about dead fobs. In fact, they already do. Replacing them is a trivial addition to service, and makes people happier on average, as their fobs don’t die.

Seems like a no-brainer, and the same decision I would make.

Well they know there is a design flaw in the fob and not everyone will use batteries without the bitterant coating. Replacing it just saves CS the trouble of someone complaining about a dead fob.
This. Cost of battery < Cost of CS taking a call and dealing with it.

They don’t expect the battery to last very long. They expect it to last about a year, plus or minus a few months to a year.

That’s why they replace it.

Checking it with a meter would mean forcing you to change it sometime in the next year or so before your next service.

People would complain about dead fobs. In fact, they already do. Replacing them is a trivial addition to service, and makes people happier on average, as their fobs don’t die.

Seems like a no-brainer, and the same decision I would make.

There's a difference between changing something proactively after six months that's expected to last a year, and changing a battery that's a few weeks old. But my car came with two fobs and short of asking people to drop off all fobs, I don't see it fixing that issue.

I wouldn't put anything past people but I'm surprised that anyone who has a dead fob wouldn't try changing the battery. Do they call a TV repairman when their remote control stops working?

There's a difference between changing something proactively after six months that's expected to last a year, and changing a battery that's a few weeks old. But my car came with two fobs and short of asking people to drop off all fobs, I don't see it fixing that issue.
A policy is a policy. They’re cheap, and it isn’t worth not changing given even a minor risk of a CS call. They have deemed the cost of an extra battery to be less than the cost of calls from customers and/or complaints about dead fobs. The end.

I wouldn't put anything past people but I'm surprised that anyone who has a dead fob wouldn't try changing the battery. Do they call a TV repairman when their remote control stops working?
Yes. Usually they call their 20-30 year old kids, but sometimes they call a Handyman. ASK ME HOW I KNOW lol

I’ll even raise you this: most people don’t even know how to open their fob to change the battery. ASK ME HOW I KKOW lol

I only have 5700 miles on my GT but I'm coming up on 1 year of ownership. The car, however, is about 18 months old. I've got no issues right now but I gather that the car isn't going to give me a message that annual service is due or I would have seen that already.

Is that correct? I just need to proactively schedule it?

I only have 5700 miles on my GT but I'm coming up on 1 year of ownership. The car, however, is about 18 months old. I've got no issues right now but I gather that the car isn't going to give me a message that annual service is due or I would have seen that already.

Is that correct? I just need to proactively schedule it?
Yes.

Reactions: ebr
They replace your fob battery every time you bring it in, regardless of the charge status
For mobile visits, they test the voltage and if it’s 3V, they don’t replace. Then a couple months later, I had to use the app to unlock the car and input my pin to drive since it couldn’t detect the fob. Next day I used the dead fob on b pillar to unlock and replaced the battery. So I agree that just replacing the battery is an easy preventative step and good customer service

Back