Savage Geese just dropped his Sapphire review!

He had one jet. It was cars that were duplicated at each hangar. I met him in Naples where I got involved with him in a discussion about his Audi R8 V10 Spyder. It was one of three R8s he had, one garaged in each hangar. He also had other cars in his Naples hangar, some of which were duplicated at his other hangars.

His was a very complicated life.
I suppose that is… slightly more reasonable?

Noticed you said it “was” a complicated life.. hope that doesnt mean what I think it does?

Or... the owner is part of a thrupple, one for each of them... duh...
perhaps the other two members are twins even...
or... the owner is one of a triplet of siblings, and they will gift two to their siblings...
And the dreams are for the lesser liked ones?

Last edited:
I had my car in for service today and my advisor mentioned one customer who already has 2 Dreams ordered 3 Sapphires.

This speaks to my point about some of the customers the Sapphire will be attracting.

A competitor may be reverse engineering the Sapphires. Wasn’t there a video of a Grand Touring being driven around a Tesla track?

A competitor may be reverse engineering the Sapphires. Wasn’t there a video of a Grand Touring being driven around a Tesla track?
Marry two drive units together, throw it in the rear and you essentially have the backbone of a Sapphire; maybe some cooling/brake upgrades sprinkled in. The reverse engineering of the drive unit, I'm certain has already been done by competitors. Munro most likely sells a report on the drive unit.

I don't want to dilute what Sapphire is, I just want to point out the building blocks are already known. To me, what makes the Sapphire a Sapphire is that extra attention to tuning. Giving the engineers free rein to really milk every last bit of synergy between the car's systems to produce the very best results, vs putting in 60% of the work and getting 80% of the potential and calling it a day. This is the Lucid way, putting in that last bit of extra effort even though it costs more so that they net the extra potential left in the car and produce the best it's what they have.

I suppose that is… slightly more reasonable?

Noticed you said it “was” a complicated life.. hope that doesnt mean what I think it does?

No. My contact with him was fairly brief, and I don't know anything about him these days.

To me, what makes the Sapphire a Sapphire is that extra attention to tuning.

Exactly. As a reviewer recently said about the Tesla Model S Plaid, they just put a lot of power into the rear end and wished the owners good luck: no beefed-up brakes (until the later introduction of the track package after the brakes were widely criticized as unsafe); no electronic rear torque vectoring to leverage the addition of the second motor for handling; initially only a steering yoke -- and with no variable ratios -- which severely limited what you could do with the car in quick maneuvers; a front end that goes loose way too early . . . .

The Plaid was a marketing move. The Sapphire is also a purebred performance play.

Exactly. As a reviewer recently said about the Tesla Model S Plaid, they just put a lot of power into the rear end and wished the owners good luck: no beefed-up brakes (until the later introduction of the track package after the brakes were widely criticized as unsafe); no electronic rear torque vectoring to leverage the addition of the second motor for handling; initially only a steering yoke -- and with no variable ratios -- which severely limited what you could do with the car in quick maneuvers; a front end that goes loose way too early . . . .

The Plaid was a marketing move. The Sapphire is also a purebred performance play.
Yep, typical Tesla approach to making cars. I'm glad Lucid takes it more seriously!

Back