Savage Geese just dropped his Sapphire review!

This video reaffirms my belief in this company. Let's go!

Great video. SG is typically brutal and always has something negative to say when he reviews EVs. The Sapphire is an engineering tour de force and hopefully the word will get out to mere mortals that Engineering is priority for Lucid. Lucid has to hit it out of the park with Gravity and their forthcoming $50K EV to survive.

Great video. SG is typically brutal and always has something negative to say when he reviews EVs. The Sapphire is an engineering tour de force and hopefully the word will get out to mere mortals that Engineering is priority for Lucid. Lucid has to hit it out of the park with Gravity and their forthcoming $50K EV to survive.
I can't agree with this more. If Gravity flops, it will be brutal.

There is a weird underlying expectation that it will sell like hot cakes. I personally think it will be too expensive for most individuals. Also don't get me started on it's looks.

But I love Lucid's engineering philosophy. I always have. I want to believe that a group of people who put so much into their product and care so much about the details will be rewarded with success. They just need a long enough runway, or at least I hope.

I can't agree with this more. If Gravity flops, it will be brutal.

There is a weird underlying expectation that it will sell like hot cakes. I personally think it will be too expensive for most individuals. Also don't get me started on it's looks.

But I love Lucid's engineering philosophy. I always have. I want to believe that a group of people who put so much into their product and care so much about the details will be rewarded with success. They just need a long enough runway, or at least I hope.
I believe the Gravity will be like the Air in terms of looks. Very polarizing but in the good way, where it is typically well received but there is a certain group of people who are just not able to appreciate it's beauty =) As they say, different strokes for different folks...but they are wrong 🤣

What a great job, they put a huge amount of effort into this and got heavy access within Lucid.
The Sapphire is crazy fun with room for 5 adults.
I wonder if there are a couple wondering around Chicago these days.
Mark and Jack are ususally depressed doing SUV after SUV videos.
I hope to see them at a local meet some time.

Usually, I hate savage geese videos. This one is beautiful. It was so good I literally watched it almost non stop with a break at the half. This video showed me many things that I did not know about Lucid as well as the air. I have SO much appreciation for Lucid and how all their teams work together to create the best EV in the world. It looked very fun to drive on the track!(@Bill55 are you there)

Also, I noticed something funny, why does lucid has a model s plaid motor in their office? It surely shows how studious they are..

Last edited:

Of course it is 100% going to be too expensive for most individuals. That doesn't matter.

It can still sell like hot cakes. Not McDonalds hot cakes.

Like pancakes at premium kitschy diners.

Lucid needs to sell 60k per year for the Gravity to be a smashing success.

Gravity doesn't need to sell 1M units per year like the RAV4 to be successful.

That is the aspirational goal of the $50k Lucid CUV.

And it is looking great for an efficient vehicle that can carry 7 adults in comfort.

Of course it is 100% going to be too expensive for most individuals. That doesn't matter.

It can still sell like hot cakes. Not McDonalds hot cakes.

Like pancakes at premium kitschy diners.

Lucid needs to sell 60k per year for the Gravity to be a smashing success.

Gravity doesn't need to sell 1M units per year like the RAV4 to be successful.

That is the aspirational goal of the $50k Lucid CUV.

And it is looking great for an efficient vehicle that can carry 7 adults in comfort.
Let's just hope Gravity is a smashing success. Don't want to get too far off topic and have this thread locked.

Sapphire is just a halo car. Though surely it’s the best on the market, if they deliver 500 of them over the lifetime of the program I’d be impressed.

I suspect they will end up reskinning this car and selling it as an Aston Martin.

This video reaffirms my belief in this company. Let's go!

I think the "Final Thoughts" segment of this video was probably the most lucid (pun intended) wrap-up of the state of the EV technology and Lucid's role in it that I have seen or read anywhere.

There is simply no other company in the automotive world right now that approaches Lucid in its comprehensive push of automotive design and technology on all fronts simultaneously. Were this company to fail, it would be one of the biggest setbacks to automotive progress in the history of the industry.

I think the "Final Thoughts" segment of this video was probably the most lucid (pun intended) wrap-up of the state of the EV technology and Lucid's role in it that I have seen or read anywhere.

There is simply no other company in the automotive world right now that approaches Lucid in its comprehensive push of automotive design and technology on all fronts simultaneously. Were this company to fail, it would be one of the biggest setbacks to automotive progress in the history of the industry.
I think that Lucid will be spoken about in the history books of automotive design, along with Tesla. The work that they have done, and likely will do in the future, will pave the way for the most efficient cars we have seen.

Also, here is a track leaderboard:
1695481602394.png

It beat EVERYTHING except a GT3(less than 2 seconds behind,) a z06, and it managed to BEAT a tuned cayman gt4 rs on cup 2 tires.

I bow down to the Lucid Sapphire. This is the greatest car I have ever seen. Put proper cup 2 R tires on it, and it would likely beat the z06... And put a proper aero kit on it? I literally CANNOT imagine how fast it would be.

Back