Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Sorry, I am NOT clicking on that link. Now what I do want is the grand tour to review it.. clarkson being fired was terrible.

Sorry, I am NOT clicking on that link. Now what I do want is the grand tour to review it.. clarkson being fired was terrible.
Okay? He punched a producer...but whatever, your choice!

I opened the Pandora box of comments. Good grief. Glad to see multiple sources overly enthusiastic about the car. This excitement may light a fire in the public to take a closer look and get to know Lucid.

Okay? He punched a producer...but whatever, your choice!
I am aware, but you have to recognize that his dinner was messed up!

In all seriousness, it was wrong of him. However, his personality during actual top gear filming is unmatched. I get bored by new top gear due to this, I grew up watching Clarkson! For me, top gear used to be more about just supercars, it was also funny as the presenters seemed like friends and the challenges were creative!

In all seriousness, it was wrong of him. However, his personality during actual top gear filming is unmatched. I get bored by new top gear due to this, I grew up watching Clarkson! For me, top gear used to be more about just supercars, it was also funny as the presenters seemed like friends and the challenges were creative!
The magazine was always there and was independent from the show...

The magazine was always there and was independent from the show...
Ah, I was not aware of this. I tended to focus more on the TV show. Did clarkson(and current presenters) not write them before?

Am I the only one surprised that the Gen-Zer is the one defending the violent sociopath?

All kidding aside, you punch someone at work. you get fired. This isn't the 1950s.

I, too, watched the old show for a very long time. It was incredibly entertaining. But Clarkson, like many celebrities, started leaning into all of the wrong characteristics of his personality once he got rewarded a little for it. And then it snowballed into something unsustainable. It was inevitable he would take it too far at some point. If not with the punching incident, with something else. So it goes.

Am I the only one surprised that the Gen-Zer is the one defending the violent sociopath?

All kidding aside, you punch someone at work. you get fired. This isn't the 1950s.

I, too, watched the old show for a very long time. It was incredibly entertaining. But Clarkson, like many celebrities, started leaning into all of the wrong characteristics of his personality once he got rewarded a little for it. And then it snowballed into something unsustainable. It was inevitable he would take it too far at some point. If not with the punching incident, with something else. So it goes.
I do tend to like controversial people(kanye west...) and usually try to(and can) understand their standpoints. That doesn't always mean I support it, but I sometimes do. Not really in this case though. I dont get offended by every single minor thing like other gen zers on Twitter.. ahem I mean X.

But we can agree on the last part. Him getting fired was totally justified. I just wish that none of it happened and we could still have clarkson at top gear.

One thing I found very interesting is that Clarkson still doesn't seem to exhibit his "sociopathic" behavior in recent times with the grand tour. I wonder what happened, was it a change or was it previously misinterpreted?

I do tend to like controversial people(kanye west...) and usually try to(and can) understand their standpoints. That doesn't always mean I support it, but I sometimes do. Not really in this case though. I dont get offended by every single minor thing like other gen zers on Twitter.. ahem I mean X.

But we can agree on the last part. Him getting fired was totally justified. I just wish that none of it happened and we could still have clarkson at top gear.

One thing I found very interesting is that Clarkson still doesn't seem to exhibit his "sociopathic" behavior in recent times with the grand tour. I wonder what happened, was it a change or was it previously misinterpreted?
As much as I'd like to get into the nuance of it all, let's keep this thread focused on the Top Gear Sapphire review.

As much as I'd like to get into the nuance of it all, let's keep this thread focused on the Top Gear Sapphire review.
I noticed that all sapphire reviews seem to be coming out at random times, with no indication of an embargo. Is lucid just loaning these cars out for review upon request? In that case, somebody tell lucid that i am willing to do an review...

I noticed that all sapphire reviews seem to be coming out at random times, with no indication of an embargo. Is lucid just loaning these cars out for review upon request? In that case, somebody tell lucid that i am willing to do an review...
These reviews were all done as part of the press day, the day before customer deliveries. Looks like they had 2 press cars and 6 customer deliveries.

Something the pictures don't do justice.
The black roof, very well done carbon fiber mirrors and spoiler, the slightly lower stance, and subtle wheel flairs make the car look smaller.
Certainly when compared to White DE.
The car looks more menacing. I'm sure this is also true of the Stealth cars.
The ability to accelerate out of a 90 degree turn is magical.
First road trip was a short trip to Road Atlanta to watch a friend race in the Michelin Pilot challenge.
Stoped at an EA station at 18% with the battery preconditioned. Plugged into a 350kW and it quickly authenticated and started charging.
Maxed out at 175kW. Sapphire indicated charging limited by charger. I only wanted to go to 55% so didn't bother trying another charger.
50kWh in 19 minutes.
On the road just as comfortable as the DE. A little more tire noise on concrete or rough asphalt.
Road Atlanta full of automotive fans. Turned a lot of heads.
Parked next to a group of 20 somethings quote "No way dude, that is the car I was telling you about last night"

I love reading about the sapphire and it makes me, as an AGT owner, proud to own a related vehicle. It also makes me think about buying one but I just struggle with how to "justify" it.

It's impossible to appreciate more than 50% of the car's capabilities on the road and taking it the track seems less appealing if one has dedicated track car(s) already. Not to mention that there aren't any DCFC stations near any of the tracks here in Western Canada/NW USA making it impossible to track any electric car. I'd still love to drive one on a track and I hope one of the track experience companies gets one so I can try it.

For those who bought one (or are going to buy one), would you mind sharing your thought process of "justifying" it? Unfortunately, for me I am not in the financial position to just buy it because I want it and not care about how much it'll cost me in depreciation ☹️

It does look so cool though...

I love reading about the sapphire and it makes me, as an AGT owner, proud to own a related vehicle. It also makes me think about buying one but I just struggle with how to "justify" it.

It's impossible to appreciate more than 50% of the car's capabilities on the road and taking it the track seems less appealing if one has dedicated track car(s) already. Not to mention that there aren't any DCFC stations near any of the tracks here in Western Canada/NW USA making it impossible to track any electric car. I'd still love to drive one on a track and I hope one of the track experience companies gets one so I can try it.

For those who bought one (or are going to buy one), would you mind sharing your thought process of "justifying" it? Unfortunately, for me I am not in the financial position to just buy it because I want it and not care about how much it'll cost me in depreciation ☹️

It does look so cool though...
A fully loaded Honda Accord is an excellent car. So justifying car purchases is highly subjective. I have been following Rimac and the development of the Nevera. The Sapphire compares pretty well to a 2.2M car with a lot less utility. I was in no way prepared to pay 2.2M. My Ferrari is a 2013 427 Corvette. I will track the Sapphire from time to time, but I bought it because it can be a daily driver. I will road trip it. It is an amazing car. I have enjoyed being an early owner of the Air and the Sapphire continues that journey.

@JetPropulsionLab

I was able to justify the Lucid GT because it does everything well and it's the last car I will ever buy (I expect the reliability to be toyota-level).
Was too late for the Dream Edition.
Now they built a Nightmare Edition.

"Wholey TorqueVectoring Batman. What should we do?"

"Call Commissioner Gordon. Use the SmartBatPhone."

(dramatic theme music)
1704396254761.gif

I never could understand how with the improved handling and stiffer springs that ride quality wouldn’t take a hit, at least to some degree. Apparently that is the case as they discuss ride quality, saying, “Pretty nice, though not as comfortable as other Air models. Those chassis changes stiffen the ride quality appreciably, but not so much that you'd hate to drive one of these things every day.” Now that makes sense and I suspect those that are looking for what the Sapphire has to offer, don’t really care.

Back