• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Savage Geese just dropped his Sapphire review!

This video rocks. So nice to see some informed professional positivity about Lucid these days, not “I’m selling this cutting edge car for a Tesla cuz EA charged slower than advertised”. I’m happy to support this amazing auto maker that’s leading the charge for what’s possible with electrification. Based on what they’ve pulled off so far I’m not sure I believe Toyota’s claim they’ve pulled off some solid state battery tech that will go really far for less $. In terms of range, efficiency, performance and utility, Lucid is the only auto maker that’s managed to lead in all of those categories together.
Yep, Toyota has been saying that for years, but nothing yet.

"For example, Toyota claimed they would have their first EV powered by a solid-state battery out in 2021, and then in 2017, it moved to 2022 and then 2025. Call me a skeptic, but now they are claiming around 2028.

Meanwhile, the new strategy comes a day after several Toyota shareholders revealed they have voted or plan to vote to oust longtime leader and well-known EV critic Akio Toyoda from the board over the automaker failing to set a date to go all-electric."

Yep, Toyota has been saying that for years, but nothing yet.

"For example, Toyota claimed they would have their first EV powered by a solid-state battery out in 2021, and then in 2017, it moved to 2022 and then 2025. Call me a skeptic, but now they are claiming around 2028.
Toyota is still shipping NiMH batteries in their hybrids after all…

Well, I hope you’re right. Lucid has a knack for not selling very many of a truly excellent product.
I had my car in for service today and my advisor mentioned one customer who already has 2 Dreams ordered 3 Sapphires.

This speaks to my point about some of the customers the Sapphire will be attracting.

I had my car in for service today and my advisor mentioned one customer who already has 2 Dreams ordered 3 Sapphires.

This speaks to my point about some of the customers the Sapphire will be attracting.

Well, I'm attracted.
I, who have not been out of Smooth mode

am strangely attracted to a car that I have no business owning.

also

i'm thinking about getting something much more dangerous and Manly:

Miata or
1696036959145.jpeg

or
1696037104033.jpeg
something low and slow

... and thrilling myself by driving topless on public highways...and not scaring the horses.

Well, I'm attracted.
I, who have not been out of Smooth mode

am strangely attracted to a car that I have no business owning.

also

i'm thinking about getting something much more dangerous and Manly:

Miata or
View attachment 15192
or
View attachment 15193 something low and slow

... and thrilling myself by driving topless on public highways...and not scaring the horses.
Am I the only one liking the first cat because of how happy it is? The second car looks shocked at something lol

I.. what?
There are folks with collection that include say 7 Ferraris (amongst other fun cars) for example.
What I am saying is these folks are likely to be the Sapphire customers, and in this case the guy (no idea what else he has) ordered 3 Sapphires.

...ordered 3 Sapphires.
I can easily understand the logic.
One Sapphire for odd days of the week, one for even days and one for Sundays.
But how would we distinguish between all three, being that the Sapphire comes in one color only?

There are folks with collection that include say 7 Ferraris (amongst other fun cars) for example.
What I am saying is these folks are likely to be the Sapphire customers, and in this case the guy (no idea what else he has) ordered 3 Sapphires.

I know a few people who have large car collections. My former boss had several Ferraris, for example. However, they were different models (an F40, a Modena 360, a 612 Scaglietti, and a couple of others I don't clearly recall). However, I see exponents' bemused point. It seems odd that someone would buy three Sapphires to put in a car collection. Of course, I once met a guy who had private hangars for his jet near all his houses, and he kept copies of his favorite drivers in each hangar so that he'd have them on hand at whichever house he was using. So there's that . . . .

I can easily understand the logic.
One Sapphire for odd days of the week, one for even days and one for Sundays.
But how would we distinguish between all three, being that the Sapphire comes in one color only?
And the dreams are hung up on the wall like Red Bull while the other is sent to space!
1696176833879.png

I know a few people who have large car collections. My former boss had several Ferraris, for example. However, they were different models (an F40, a Modena 360, a 612 Scaglietti, and a couple of others I don't clearly recall). However, I see exponents' bemused point. It seems odd that someone would buy three Sapphires to put in a car collection. Of course, I once met a guy who had private hangars for his jet near all his houses, and he kept copies of his favorite drivers in each hangar so that he'd have them on hand at whichever house he was using. So there's that . . . .
I have absolutely no problem with having multiple different cars, or maybe 2 of the same as a stretch. 5 Lucid airs though...

Also, the fact that JETS are referred to as "copies" says a lot about that person, lol. Maybe to have a formation in the air?

Re the dreams? Excellent.
Now, tell me that's the part of your bedroom :)
Ha, no! That picture is red bull world, but I do have upwards of 5 scale cars in my room at one time. My current rotation for this week is the 2016 Chiron in the Red/Black Duo tone, a SVT lightning, a 2020 green Huracan with gold rims(not a sterrato), a M6 Cabrio 2012, a Torch red 2015 Corvette, and my precious Triple Yellow Ford GT. No Lucid air in the size I want, but I do have an engraved wood stencil with the prototype drawing of it on my desk.

@xponents, dream big. Always.
Your biggest, THE BIGGEST, advantage is your age.
Don't fuck it up.

Fellas fellas fellas.

The answer is actually VERY obvious.

All three Sapphires(A,B,C) go to the track, during your first session the other two are charging, and you take Sapphire (A). For the second session you take one of the charged Sapphire (B) while the first one charges. Session three you take the last Sapphire (C). And by the fourth session Sapphire (A) is cooled and fully charged.

Fellas fellas fellas.

All three Sapphires(A,B,C) go to the track, during your first session the other two are charging, and you take Sapphire (A). For the second session you take one of the charged Sapphire (B) while the first one charges. Session three you take the last Sapphire (C). And by the fourth session Sapphire (A) is cooled and fully charged.

Funny that before Lucid joined Formula E, the car was so inefficient that they ACTUALLY had to do this. They jumped out of one car, ran to another, and floored it out of the pits to the limiter.

I have absolutely no problem with having multiple different cars, or maybe 2 of the same as a stretch. 5 Lucid airs though...

Also, the fact that JETS are referred to as "copies" says a lot about that person, lol. Maybe to have a formation in the air?

He had one jet. It was cars that were duplicated at each hangar. I met him in Naples where I got involved with him in a discussion about his Audi R8 V10 Spyder. It was one of three R8s he had, one garaged in each hangar. He also had other cars in his Naples hangar, some of which were duplicated at his other hangars.

His was a very complicated life.

Or... the owner is part of a thrupple, one for each of them... duh...
perhaps the other two members are twins even...
or... the owner is one of a triplet of siblings, and they will gift two to their siblings...

Back