Sapphire wheels & fitment

terrycs

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT-P
Referral Code
Q09BGD5G
I'm curious ... are the sapphire flares just attached somehow to standard Air bodywork? If so, I would think the Sapphire wheels (or other ones with same width & offsets) can also clear the standard Air.

I'm curious ... are the sapphire flares just attached somehow to standard Air bodywork? If so, I would think the Sapphire wheels (or other ones with same width & offsets) can also clear the standard Air.
Some drilling would likely be needed, and they might just be integrated into the body work. In addition, you would need to repaint them.

I ask this question at delivery so this is from Lucid engineer.

You could put 265s on the front of any air.
The 295s on the rear would not fit a standard air. There are modifications to the car in addition to the flare pieces compared to the other air models.
I have not yet pulled the rear wheel to look at the differences, but will post pictures in the future.

I was thinking of putting 265s 20” Sapphire rims all the way around on the DE just for fun. Also, to see where the front tire lines up to the fender.

Although they look nice, I have no intention of adding the flares to a non-Sapphire. I'm actually trying to confirm the Sapphire wheel/tire specs will work with the standard Air bodywork. I'd like to see if there is room to maximize tire/road contact patch even though efficiency goes down.

I've seen YouTube videos showing inboard side of the wheel/tire on a non-Sapphire and it already looks super tight in there (typical Lucid philosophy to optimize packaging). So I have a feeling the Sapphire wheel/tire really is the maximum that can fit in there without without modifying the stock bodywork.

I ask this question at delivery so this is from Lucid engineer.

You could put 265s on the front of any air.
The 295s on the rear would not fit a standard air. There are modifications to the car in addition to the flare pieces compared to the other air models.
I have not yet pulled the rear wheel to look at the differences, but will post pictures in the future.

I was thinking of putting 265s 20” Sapphire rims all the way around on the DE just for fun. Also, to see where the front tire lines up to the fender.
I found the tire sizes on another thread:
Front: 265/35ZR20
Rear: 295/30ZR21

But wheel specs were not provided. Looking forward to what you learn about the rear.

Back