San Diego owners?

I would SOOOO love to go but the date won't work. I hope there'll be another opportunity!

Were one of you guys or gals down at the tidepools on the other side of the Cabrillo National Monument this afternoon? White GT 21” wheels.
I drove by you in this:

Attachments

• C6910AD8-56F4-4769-A46C-A0542F2F1B46.jpeg
    C6910AD8-56F4-4769-A46C-A0542F2F1B46.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • 81CB6809-97F9-4B0E-BA82-06EFD8017E8F.jpeg
    81CB6809-97F9-4B0E-BA82-06EFD8017E8F.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 116
I’m an grey and 19” wheels so it wasn’t me. Glad to see that more are driving Lucids in SD!

What's the quality like? That's a bunch less expensive than One of One.
hi Bobby,
Did you finally get your PPF and tinting done? what was your experience? Are you happy with what you got? I would love to see it in person (if you wouldn't mind) before I make my decision. I can drive to your place. I see that you live in Poway which is about 10-15 minutes from my place. I live in Carmel valley on Route 56.

Yes I will be doing that. Still back and forth on the windshield but definitely the sides. Also PPF for front facing surfaces. Perhaps I can see yours someday to help decide on the windshield.
I'm unable to find an answer to "is the premium tint worth it", so to avoid opening a new thread, I'll ask as a reply to this. I have a quote for 98% heat reduction from an xpel ppf shop sides only at $800, I also have quotes from 'various' shops for $150-$250. I've seen their work and its neat but no claims to heat reduction. Is the premium worth it on the side windows? I've been in a car with a $150 tint on all sides, and the heat was reduced.

I have the Xpel XR Plus on the windshield and sides and I can tell the difference on hot days when the car has sat in the sun or when I am driving and the ac is on how much cooler it is or how it’s not as hot as it was when in those situations. Additionally when on a long drive for Memorial Day up the I-5 to Sacramento, I didn’t feel the sun beating down on my arms like I did driving to work 20 minutes in the sun. It’s enough for me to feel like it’s worth it.

Whether it’s worth it or not for you is subject to your heat sensitivity and pocketbook. My vote in spending your money is to do it.

Maybe @Bobby can speak to the tint he got. I believe he got something other than Xpel.

I believe @hydbob also got something other than Xpel too.

I have the Xpel XR Plus on the windshield and sides and I can tell the difference on hot days when the car has sat in the sun or when I am driving and the ac is on how much cooler it is or how it’s not as hot as it was when in those situations. Additionally when on a long drive for Memorial Day up the I-5 to Sacramento, I didn’t feel the sun beating down on my arms like I did driving to work 20 minutes in the sun. It’s enough for me to feel like it’s worth it.

Whether it’s worth it or not for you is subject to your heat sensitivity and pocketbook. My vote in spending your money is to do it.

Maybe @Bobby can speak to the tint he got. I believe he got something other than Xpel.

I believe @hydbob also got something other than Xpel too.
I did the entire car in 3M crystalline, 70 in the front half, 50 in the back half. Worth every penny to get a nanoceramic tint IMO.

They even Ubered paperwork to me the night before because my wife is also a signer and wasn’t going to be available at pickup.

I was just told by Joey in the Bay Area that they can't do that. I don't want to write back and quote a single line from a forum, but I'm curious whether it was a matter of both names on the registration, both on the financing, both on both of those, or what needed to be done, who the DA was, etc.

I was just told by Joey in the Bay Area that they can't do that. I don't want to write back and quote a single line from a forum, but I'm curious whether it was a matter of both names on the registration, both on the financing, both on both of those, or what needed to be done, who the DA was, etc.
Sorry, I just saw this. No finance. Just registered as me "or" my wife. Don't remember my DA. Well over a year ago.

You are currently posting in the San Diego thread. This might belong elsewhere.

Back