Roadside Assistance use?

PacificallyLucid

Reaction score
Cars
Jag XF, Lucid Air Pure
Not sure if this is the place to post, but couldn't find any other forum that fit my question directly. Has anyone used the 24 hr. Roadside assistance? I have had AAA for many years. Is using Lucid's assistance better for my car? I am at least 60 miles from the closest service center, but was wondering what the Roadside Assistance was like.

I do have AAA and have never needed Lucid to come in person to my car away from home,
but the game-changing thing Lucid Customer Care has is telemetry telling them in detail remotely what's faulty in my car.
This has been crazy-useful for me twice: a frunk issue (they remotely released a half-latched frunk),
and 120 miles from home in winter my cabin heat failed and windows fogged,
they knew the specific subsystem that failed -- confirmed it was safe to drive once windows cleared.
Both saved me towing, local dealer then fixed.

Plus I'd be reluctant (last resort) to have any AAA affiliate tow truck touch my Lucid -- really great people every time but complicated car, easy to make it worse. Just my bias.

I used roadside assistance for a tire blowout. Couldn't have been easier. They knew my account by the phone number I called from, they had my location in front of them, they dispatched a tow truck. I just left my car on a side street, got a ride, and went on with life. I remotely unlocked the car for the tow truck to pick it up.

I used roadside assistance for a tire blowout. Couldn't have been easier. They knew my account by the phone number I called from, they had my location in front of them, they dispatched a tow truck. I just left my car on a side street, got a ride, and went on with life. I remotely unlocked the car for the tow truck to pick it up.
I was hoping you were going to write that they showed up with a new wheel :). They could bill for it, but that would be more convenient. AAA has, in the past been VERY quick. I am somewhat concerned about speed. But I also get your point regarding having "Rob's Towing" yank the car onto his flatbed.

So you took an uber somewhere? If my car gets towed, I am not going to easily get on with my life until that car comes back. Thanks for your response.

So you took an uber somewhere? If my car gets towed, I am not going to easily get on with my life until that car comes back. Thanks for your response.
It was after hours on a Friday, so the service vans weren’t available. I think they offered to get me an Uber, but my tire popped within 5 minutes of meeting up with the GF for dinner, so I just got a ride from her. I believe they had a new set of wheels on (switched to 19s at the same time) for me the next morning.

I used them this winter for the first time. My situation was a bit different as I have a spare tire I keep in the lower section of the trunk so I just needed them to put the spare on. They advised that they are only authorized to have someone tow the car so I needed to use the roadside assistance used in my auto insurance policy instead to have the spare put on.

Not sure if this is the place to post, but couldn't find any other forum that fit my question directly. Has anyone used the 24 hr. Roadside assistance? I have had AAA for many years. Is using Lucid's assistance better for my car? I am at least 60 miles from the closest service center, but was wondering what the Roadside Assistance was like.
I would keep AAA, their response times can be better than the Lucid service.

Thank you all for the responses. This gives me some idea. I have other cars, so I won't be getting rid of AAA. I have never used a Car company road side assistance program because the events tend to not come up until after the warranty runs out. This is the first EV I have owned, and they are very different from ICE vehicles. It is also the first vehicle without a spare, so yeah, that's a bit of an issue with me. Might have to get one. I just hate losing that space. Not sure how well they fit either.

Again. Thanks so much for the information.

Thank you all for the responses. This gives me some idea. I have other cars, so I won't be getting rid of AAA. I have never used a Car company road side assistance program because the events tend to not come up until after the warranty runs out. This is the first EV I have owned, and they are very different from ICE vehicles. It is also the first vehicle without a spare, so yeah, that's a bit of an issue with me. Might have to get one. I just hate losing that space. Not sure how well they fit either.

Again. Thanks so much for the information.
EZ Spare fits perfectly in sub-trunk.

Back