Rivian losing demand

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring

R1T monthly registrations have dropped, but that was due to people buying an R1S instead when it became available. Rivian is planning to ship 50,000 vehicles this year.

Last edited:

This reads like a total hit piece. It’s smug and full of conjecture . Also, it is from the Wall Street Journal, so there is that.😊🤷🏼‍♂️

Haha
So basically to sum it up, trucks aren't selling but the SUV is?

Damnit Gravity hurry up

This reads like a total hit piece. It’s smug and full of conjecture . Also, it is from the Wall Street Journal, so there is that.😊🤷🏼‍♂️
Hoping you are joking, as that is not from the WSJ. The WSJ journal is probably one of the best, well rounded newspapers and their automotive writer is one of if not the best IMHO. He would never write trash like that article nor would the WSJ.

Hoping you are joking, as that is not from the WSJ. The WSJ journal is probably one of the best, well rounded newspapers and their automotive writer is one of if not the best IMHO. He would never write trash like that article nor would the WSJ.

Yup, my mistake. Article referenced the Wall Street Journal, but is not from it.

Tesla is trying to kill off the competition with aggressive pricing - in my opinion. Will work with start ups without deep pockets but not on established automakers getting into the EV market. Listening to him bad mouth Lucid seems comical considering how many consecutive quarters of losses Tesla sustained during its start up....

Partly it is what I call the "Gladiator syndorme". A new car comes out and the fans rush to get it creating a shortage. But once that initial push is over, the truck has to compete with other trucks that do similar things That doesn't mean that Rivian or Lucid are going under; it merely means that the order book will get more realistic.

You can pick up a quad motor large pack R1T truck within two weeks from ordering.

There is a long 4-8 month waiting list if you want the R1S SUV or R1T pickup with standard or max pack. Or dual motors instead of quad motors.

Rivian is not demand constrained. Rivian continues to be production constrained.

Back