Rivian to acquire ABRP (A Better Route Planner)

Looks like Rivian is already started to integrate ABRP to its app and infotainment. As nature off-road family tripping oriented brand, this acquisition makes sense to amplify their brand message.

409EB8D2-C4C7-48FA-B77B-A1D71533DB3A.jpeg

Even before the merger announcement, there is no reason that ABRP would not want automakers to include a native app for ABRP. This was probably in the works by Rivian for a long time.

Already? Has it been approved by the SEC?(words that make elon musk shiver)

54C8E186-C5F3-478A-A394-460A97C9CC8E.jpeg
992EF4D8-5383-4392-BC9B-3303E03F106E.jpeg

Basically Rivian is in process of merging its native navigation with ABRP features. I like that part about long trip planning on big screen in front of you.

View attachment 13188View attachment 13189

Basically Rivian is in process of merging its native navigation with ABRP features. I like that part about long trip planning on big screen in front of you.
This is a great idea by Rivian. It’s a shame ABRP has such godawful UI, though.

If it were me, I’d buy the app for their data and redo the entire user interface from scratch.

View attachment 13188View attachment 13189

Love it! If only Rivian could make a “R1L” that is based on the R1Ts longer wheelbase and would be similarly sized to tahoes, etc. I cannot imagine how many sales that would give.

Back