Redesigned Gravity web page

mcr16

LUCID Team Member
LUCID Official
Reaction score
Check out our redesigned Gravity page that just went live today:

And be sure to sign up to stay informed if you haven't already!

Marqie

Last edited:
Nice!

Your proactive protection.​

Halo Secure⁵ keeps a watchful eye on everything around you, detecting and deterring potential threats, recording incidents, and helping you feel safer everywhere.
YESS! Turns out Gravity will come with Sentry Mode, which is named "Halo Secure!"

- 6 exterior colors (but not specified what they are)

- 5 interior "curated themes" (as opposed to the 4 displayed at the L.A. Auto Show, but again not specified)

- Am I misinterpreting this, or will Dream Drive be limited to the posted speed limit (thereby making it useless on most American highways)?

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 5.49.14 PM.webp

Last edited:
I had looked at the website this morning and found the earlier content. When I opened the site this afternoon, it opened in Arabic. I tried again, and it repeated, requiring me to change the settings to English. This has never happened before with my frequent visits.

Did anyone else experience this? Is this a glitch? If so, Lucid needs to correct it, as they might not want newcomers in the U.S. to find what they think may be an Arabic website when they try to check out a Lucid.

- 6 exterior colors (but not specified what they are)

- 5 interior "curated themes" (as opposed to the 4 displayed at the L.A. Auto Show, but again not specified)

- Am I misinterpreting this, or will Dream Drive be limited to the posted speed limit (thereby making it useless on most American highways)?

View attachment 23387
I believe the current Air also shows this. I interpreted it to mean that while the set max in the picture is 60 (can drop lower if there’s a car in front), there is still adjustability.

I am almost certain that it's the former. Lucid's 60mph isn't even 60 but 58mph. And who drives lower than the speed limit!!!

I believe the current Air also shows this. I interpreted it to mean that while the set max in the picture is 60 (can drop lower if there’s a car in front), there is still adjustability.

I hope so. I keyed on this, as two years after I bought our first Tesla with Enhanced Autopilot (the highest ADAS level available at the time), Tesla changed the programming so that ACC could not be set higher than 5 mph above the speed limit, thereby rendering it useless in real-world driving. I was hoping Lucid was not following suit.

I had looked at the website this morning and found the earlier content. When I opened the site this afternoon, it opened in Arabic. I tried again, and it repeated, requiring me to change the settings to English. This has never happened before with my frequent visits.

Did anyone else experience this? Is this a glitch? If so, Lucid needs to correct it, as they might not want newcomers in the U.S. to find what they think may be an Arabic website when they try to check out a Lucid.
In a related matter, Lucid just posted a video in Arabic on their main channel.

I believe they should make a separate, Arabic channel (as most car companies do) to make it clearer for everybody and also to eliminate the thoughts that some (boneheaded) people may have after seeing Arabic on the channel/website.

. . . to eliminate the thoughts that some (boneheaded) people may have after seeing Arabic on the channel/website.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. YouTube comments are already working overtime to stoke concern that Lucid is actually a Saudi Arabian company.

A nice way of saying Sentry without saying it 😁
IMG_0076.webp

If their web site showed a vehicle going above the speed limit they would be condoning speeding. This would open them selves up to all sorts of legal liabilities. No reason to think they are limiting ACC.

I kinda wondered what the point of that particular graphic was, anyway.

I hope so. I keyed on this, as two years after I bought our first Tesla with Enhanced Autopilot (the highest ADAS level available at the time), Tesla changed the programming so that ACC could not be set higher than 5 mph above the speed limit, thereby rendering it useless in real-world driving. I was hoping Lucid was not following suit.
Tesla's ACC can go more than 5 mph above the speed limit on limited access highways, or on any road if auto steer isn't being used. I don't know whether the same is true with FSD. Lucid's ACC with auto steer works only on limited access highways and I don't know if they have plans to change that. Personally, I'd rather have Lucid tell me to use it only on such highways, and leave it to me whether or not to go by that. There are plenty of long empty straight roads where it would be helpful to have ACC and auto steer, even though they roads don't meet the definition.

The current problem I have with Lucid is that it's no problem setting ACC above the speed limit, but I can't set a speed limit offset as with Tesla. So the speed limit warning sign will change from white as soon as I exceed the limit, rather than allowing me to set it 5 or 10 mph higher before it warns me. Also, it's nice to have a simple way to automatically set the speed to a preset amount above the speed limit. The result is that the speed limit sign is a constant warning, which renders it as useful as no warning.

The problem that Tesla had was people doing stupid things and posting videos of it online. Even though it was only a fraction of a percent of drivers, it caused people to skewer Tesla for it, and caused them to add nags for holding the wheel, checks to see if somebody might have put a weight on the steering wheel, etc. If I did put a weight on a steering wheel on a Volvo or Lucid or anything else, nobody would be calling for the company to stop making the software. I'm not suggesting that anybody should try to defeat any mechanism, but I don't think that it's such a big problem that auto manufacturers should have to check for people doing things. It's misusing things that caused manufacturers to put these sorts of limitations in place, even though I could take a car with no ADAS at all and drive it 40 mph over the speed limit without paying attention or holding the wheel. Not that I would, but I think it's reasonable for automakers to give drivers the capability that they have in other cars, such as driving with the flow of traffic.

Lucid's ACC with auto steer works only on limited access highways and I don't know if they have plans to change that.
There are plenty of highways around Arizona that are not limited access where Lucid's Highway Assist with auto steer work just fine. It is not limited to limited access roads

In truth, I never use the ADAS systems in either our Tesla or our Lucid. I just like driving too much.

However, I am finally starting to pay more attention to Dream Drive, as I think Lucid will be our household automotive brand for the foreseeable future, and I'm turning 73 this week. Although I intend to do my own driving as long as I can, I sometimes feel I'm in a race with the clock to see if true self-driving -- not that thing Tesla calls FSD -- will arrive in time to keep me mobile beyond my sell-by date.

My bets right now are on Dream Drive's conservative approach getting to true self-driving before Tesla's camera-only and way over-hyped system does . . . if it ever does.

Back