• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Reboots

rlhyde

Cars
2022 White Lucid Air GT
I've had the car for five hours. The hardware is very good, the software is very poor. This is big disappointment.

Can someone please tell me ways to reboot? (I've searched for it here but so many people are talking about rebooting that I am having trouble with actual instruction on the procedure.)

Can someone please tell me ways to reboot?
An easy way - (and the only way I have done it so far) - use the app on your phone to lock the doors. If both the phone and car are in a location with no cell signal, then obviously this will not work. This is based on what customer service told me - not something I made up.

I've had the car for five hours. The hardware is very good, the software is very poor. This is big disappointment.

Can someone please tell me ways to reboot? (I've searched for it here but so many people are talking about rebooting that I am having trouble with actual instruction on the procedure.)
Thread 'Just got your Air? Common questions answered!' https://lucidowners.com/threads/just-got-your-air-common-questions-answered.1807/

Literally, the 1st question on there.

A: Spoke with lead service tech in BH. The turn signal reset method is the "official" method suggested to reset the car. Steps are as follows: 1) Exit Vehicle, 2) Turn on turn signal, 3) Lock car, either by fob, key card, mobile key, or pushing handle, 4) Wait until turn signal stops blinking. This puts the car into the sleep state and should initiate the reset sequence.

I think instructions 1 & 2 are out of order. I did a card rest last night to fix the sound system. Initially, the system was fixed but it reverted to its old ways. I will try a turn signal reset later today and see if it makes a difference.

A: Spoke with lead service tech in BH. The turn signal reset method is the "official" method suggested to reset the car. Steps are as follows: 1) Exit Vehicle, 2) Turn on turn signal, 3) Lock car, either by fob, key card, mobile key, or pushing handle, 4) Wait until turn signal stops blinking. This puts the car into the sleep state and should initiate the reset sequence.

I think instructions 1 & 2 are out of order. I did a card rest last night to fix the sound system. Initially, the system was fixed but it reverted to its old ways. I will try a turn signal reset later today and see if it makes a difference.
There is no difference between that and just locking the car and walking way. The turn light signal when it goes off just tells you the car went to sleep. There is nothing magical about the turn light signal.

You can also remain in the car. I’ve done it a half dozen times. Stay in the car, open the door, signal on, close door, lock twice with fob. Signal turns off after a few min, unlock with fob, open door, close door (as if you’d gotten in), foot on brake and good to go.

I also always lock it twice And get the ‘beep’ so I know it is locked. But just locking the car and walking away for a few minutes will reboot the car.

There is no difference between that and just locking the car and walking way. The turn light signal when it goes off just tells you the car went to sleep. There is nothing magical about the turn light signal.
Oooooh this makes sense. With 2.0.15 I’ve noticed that it takes forever for the turn signal to stop blinking. Must be because the newer software is staying awake longer.

Back