What's new

Rear Seating

Hawk

We travel with our two beagles and their two cages (which fold flat) We need the relatively flat space to fit everything in. I am very disappointed that Lucid decided to ignore rear passenger comfort just so they could claim the 500 mile range.
On the positive side I did get my deposit back in days. When I cancelled my deposit on the Tesla Roadster it took almost 10 phone calls and 3 months to get them to finally give me back the money.
In the meantime I am thinking about ordering a Taycan Turbo and if Lucid gets its act together I can also switch then.
Just received my deposit back as well. Only took three days.

Hawk

Hallelujah!!! Lucid finally changed the pic of the rear seat area on the configurator. The rear seat pic now clearly shows the correct variant without the rear footwells. However, the Santa Monica interior pic on the options side panel has still not been corrected.

Rear leg room dimension in Specs is still the same - 35.8"

The glass canopy also appears to be more heavily tinted than it was before?

Last edited:

hmp10

Thanks for pointing this out.

I wonder if this is the final word on the rear footwells? If so, it appears that Lucid decided not to cup out the bottom of the front seats to allow for stretching the legs more forward to help lower the knee position. I wonder if they altered the rake of the rear seats?

I guess there's nothing to do for it but wait for this version of the car to show up at a Design Studio and see if it actually works for those worried about rear seat comfort.

Hawk

I emailed my sales associate to ask those very questions. I'll let you know if he has anything useful to say.

hmp10

I sent this to Lucid Sales today with a request for the specific dimensions indicated. I don't doubt the Air will have plenty of longitudinal room between the front and back seats. I'm more concerned about long periods of unsupported thighs, which was the issue that appeared in the two videos of reviewers sitting in the back seat with their knees jacked up. I'll post any response I get.
Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 2.08.42 PM.png

Last edited: