Rear/reverse camera lag

chinesejpl

Cars
Air GT
I'm wondering if anybody else has noticed the very small input lag in the reverse/rear camera? I'm not certain whether it is always present but sometimes, for instance, when I'm backing into a space, there is a very slight lag in the video such that I worry that I would inadvertently hit something as I'm backing up. If I back up very slowly, the lag doesnt seem to be there but I think it's just because I'm moving slowly. It is just like the lag you would get if you're watching a fast action sporting event on a TV that doesn't have a refresh rate fast enough or playing a fast-paced video games on a projector or TV that has slow refresh or input rate. Is this just me or any others notice this? I have let my service centre know about this and they will check it out.

I've noticed this in the last month or so, and a few others have reported it as well. No known fix right now other than hoping the next update fixes it.

For me, its as if the video is a very low frame rate and 1.5 seconds late.

Same here. A couple of times the top display was just black.

Same here. A couple of times the top display was just black.
Since you just got the car, make sure you have software up to date. Currently it’s at 2.0.50, if not up to date, contact Lucid CC to push installations to you.

In the US a working rear camera is a safety issue and a defect would justify a recall. I don't know if the lag the OP described is sufficient to be considered a defect. But if I were Lucid, this is one I would prioritize. It is not just hitting a car, it is the risk of hitting a small child.

In the US a working rear camera is a safety issue and a defect would justify a recall. I don't know if the lag the OP described is sufficient to be considered a defect. But if I were Lucid, this is one I would prioritize. It is not just hitting a car, it is the risk of hitting a small child.
Honda just did a recall for some similar issues. I'm giving Lucid until the next update to see if it's resolved before I submit a complaint with NHSTA. You're right, it's a safety issue and their are state legal requirements behind it. Lucid has had ample time to resolve and quite frankly should be prioritizing it vs. doing OTA updates to the "doors" for example or releasing CarPlay....

I must admit as a mega Lucid fanboy, the rear camera lag has caused me to almost hit other vehicles to the point I no longer trust it and use my eyes instead of the camera.

Agreed, I’ve become accustomed to the lag as a part of backing up. I recently used a rental car with a camera with no lag on the screen and now am having to adjust again.

Back