Rear Deck Creaking Noise

The lube will wear out at the worst possible time. There needs to be something permanent that keeps the deck away from the window. Color matched Bibby Foam?
I think if we remove the reck deck and place the same foam tape shown in the first picture below in the position drawn in the second picture, most would hide under the blacked out area of the glass and may look nice.
D72BB3F5-5668-47D3-8545-08DC5E661B74.jpeg
5BEFF32A-45AA-4790-AD7F-D0B22E62A31E.jpeg

I think if we remove the reck deck and place the same foam tape shown in the first picture below in the position drawn in the second picture, most would hide under the blacked out area of the glass and may look nice. View attachment 6626View attachment 6627
They could use the thin felt that they use to make the steering wheel creaking go away

OK, I have this one figured out. In my case, it is the leather of the rear deck material rubbing against the rear window on both sides, near the lateral edge of that piece (see pictures). I noticed that it is a bit more pronounced on warmer days… That makes sense if the leather is a bit more sticky. I inserted some foam pieces (the soft half of Velcro strips) in between the areas where the creek seems to arise in at 100% fixed it. I think the solution will be to remove the rear deck install some sort of black felt material on there. Service is coming tomorrow so I'll ask him about it.View attachment 6525View attachment 6526
Thank you for that information! My car is currently at the service center and I will share you insights with them. That is exactly the area that the noise is coming from in my car

Bobby Foam 2.0
I made some neoprene pockets to place between the dek and the window Thought they woul be more discreet and I would be able to move them around to find the specific point of noise.
Pictures of the pocket and install tool below. I made an extra 10 if anyone would like a set let me know
PXL_20221113_195032180.jpg
PXL_20221113_190524451.jpg
PXL_20221113_190550663.jpg

My sound was muted randomly today (music, warning, turn signals, etc). So a nice quiet ride to work. I noticed the noise from the rear deck as well.

I experienced the random muting of all of my sounds today too (music, warning, turn signals, etc.). I couldn't find a way to unmute it, so I drove it as is, parked it in my garage as usual, and I'm hoping all will be back to normal when I get in it next. How did you unmute your sounds?

I experienced the random muting of all of my sounds today too (music, warning, turn signals, etc.). I couldn't find a way to unmute it, so I drove it as is, parked it in my garage as usual, and I'm hoping all will be back to normal when I get in it next. How did you unmute your sounds?

Happened to me yesterday. I had to do a valet card reboot. That was the only way I could get sound back.

This happened to me in the airport parking garage today, turn signal reboot cured it.

This happened to me in the airport parking garage today, turn signal reboot cured it.

I admit, didn’t try that because I just parked in my garage. I got back in 15 minutes later, nada. Tried the Bobby reset too.
That’s when I just decided to do the valet card. It’s actually the first time in my 3 months of ownership I’ve done a valet reset.

Speaking of creaking noise, does anyone have it where when you stow or raise the rear sunshade - it stutters both ways up or down?

Speaking of creaking noise, does anyone have it where when you stow or raise the rear sunshade - it stutters both ways up or down?
Yeah mine does that. It’s quiet when fully up or down though. It’s funny though because all this time I thought the occasional creaky noise I heard from the back was my kid’s car seat, now I’ll have to investigate further. It’s the only noise I’ve ever noticed in the car, steering wheel is quiet, so is everything else, except maybe this rear window squeak.

Yeah mine does that. It’s quiet when fully up or down though. It’s funny though because all this time I thought the occasional creaky noise I heard from the back was my kid’s car seat, now I’ll have to investigate further. It’s the only noise I’ve ever noticed in the car, steering wheel is quiet, so is everything else, except maybe this rear window squeak.
right same here...once fully up or down...it's quiet...just that it stutters it's way while opening or closing. The rear deck creaking noise I have only now read through it here although I wanna confirm if that's exactly what I hear while getting out of our house

right same here...once fully up or down...it's quiet...just that it stutters it's way while opening or closing. The rear deck creaking noise I have only now read through it here although I wanna confirm if that's exactly what I hear while getting out of our house
That's just the shade design, mines been replaced 3 times, not for the sound, and they all sound the same.

Maybe Lucid can hire you as an engineer to all these fixes =P
I would seriously love to work as a consultant with Lucid to give owner feedback. Heck they don’t even have to pay me.

Anyone hear a kettle-sounding wind whistling over the driver randomly?

I think it requires a cross wind and traveling at certain speed. But drives me crazy. I can’t figure out the cause.

At this point I just be happy to learn that others hear it too.

I too have the rear creaking over bad bumps. It sounds like someone wearing tight leather pants. I assumed it was the leather seat sections rubbing against each other

After listening closely with the HVAC and music off, my car has no back seat noises that are noticeable or not attributable to my kid ‘s car seat. However I did discover a new noise which is a buzzing sound from the drivers side windshield at speeds over 72mph at colder temperatures. Seals contract at lower temps so I think it might be a very small seal problem. This might also explain why I have no noise from the back of the car, if things contract at lower temps they won’t rub against eachother.

Finally got my car back this week. They had it from Nov 10 to Dec 6 (27 days) to repair the trunk “fit,“ replace the cracked rear window and attempt to eliminate the annoying creaking sound (and repair the bumper that was damaged/dinged while they were working on adjusting the trunk lid fit). The creaking noise is now better but not gone entirely (it is still very noticeable if the car interior is cold).
The latest/new issue is: Today I downloaded the latest Software version (2.0.35 I think) and now I have absolutely no audio of any sort. No sound for the radio, Spotify, Sirius and not even a sound for the turn signal when it is on (prior to the software upgrade it had a blinking sound). It is as though the car has absolutely no audio system. I called Customer Care and was told there were no engineers who could help me today and I would have to wait until someone calls me back this coming week.
Has anyone else had this issue arise?

Finally got my car back this week. They had it from Nov 10 to Dec 6 (27 days) to repair the trunk “fit,“ replace the cracked rear window and attempt to eliminate the annoying creaking sound (and repair the bumper that was damaged/dinged while they were working on adjusting the trunk lid fit). The creaking noise is now better but not gone entirely (it is still very noticeable if the car interior is cold).
The latest/new issue is: Today I downloaded the latest Software version (2.0.35 I think) and now I have absolutely no audio of any sort. No sound for the radio, Spotify, Sirius and not even a sound for the turn signal when it is on (prior to the software upgrade it had a blinking sound). It is as though the car has absolutely no audio system. I called Customer Care and was told there were no engineers who could help me today and I would have to wait until someone calls me back this coming week.
Yes. Do a turn signal reset. It has nothing to do with the update, just a glitch that happens when the car boots. If that doesn’t work, valet card reset. If that doesn’t work, Bobby reset (log out of your user profile then log back in), and if that doesn’t work TEXT customer service. I’m surprised they didn’t suggest a reboot.

Yes, has happened a few times. Easy fix with reboot. I used the valet card reboot and it worked great. I also used the turn signal reboot and that was also successful.

I have noticed a slight increase in the frequency of audio drop out since 2.0.28.
I am sure the software team is working on this in future updates. It has happened to me 3 times but it is an easy fix.

Glad you got your car back .

Back