Really hate it when someone just had to park next to me..

moytoyx

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR/SC Air Touring
Referral Code
85ZU3QCS
Hate it where this happens - there's a bazillion spots but he just had to park next to me LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_8960.jpeg
    IMG_8960.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 457
I will never understand this behavior. Reminds me of the time I went to the movies on an early Wednesday afternoon. And the only other person who came into the movie, a perfect stranger, sat right next to me.

Hate it where this happens - there's a bazillion spots but he just had to park next to me LOL.
Some people are very observant and they told me they notice the cameras. Maybe they also assume that the cameras can deter burglars.

I hate it too. And I note that across from you someone has done the same thing. Maybe the Jeep parked next to you simply needed a friend.

I’m convinced it’s a Jersey thing! It happens to me all the time…UNREAL
It’s a NY thing too. You can park 5 miles from your intended store and someone will park right next to you. Is it a spite thing? People can be so weird.

This reminds me of a situation I see regularly. There's a place I go for nature hikes where the trail head leaves from the back corner of the parking lot of a medical facility. I always park in that corner, as do a number of other hikers and dog walkers who show up during the day. And there's always a nice Mercedes parked there, which I assume belongs to one of the doctors at the facility who parks far from the building to have the car by itself, with no idea that many people park next to him every day.

It’s a NY thing too. You can park 5 miles from your intended store and someone will park right next to you. Is it a spite thing? People can be so weird.
In NY, at least, I always heard the reason was essentially “safety in numbers.” Your car is less likely to get broken into if it’s next to another car, as the risk of being seen is higher.

Not defending it, but I’ve definitely heard people say that

In NY, at least, I always heard the reason was essentially “safety in numbers.” Your car is less likely to get broken into if it’s next to another car, as the risk of being seen is higher.

Not defending it, but I’ve definitely heard people say that
Except for the fact that this behavior can also take place in very safe NY neighborhoods where car break-ins & thefts are rare. ;)

Always park next to a nicer car. That way your car won’t be broken into is probably their logic.

Always park next to a nicer car. That way your car won’t be broken into is probably their logic.
Tim, so now if I wanted to play that game, as an owner of a Lucid, that becomes somewhat of a challenge to find that elusive 'nicer car'. ;)

Tim, so now if I wanted to play that game, as an owner of a Lucid, that becomes somewhat of a challenge to find that elusive 'nicer car'. ;)
I was at a Persian grocery store yesterday and a woman was there driving a Cullinan. I think that probably qualifies.

Back