Real world range?

Or were waiting for us to get home from (for?) dinner:

DrivewayGator.jpg

Or trying to get into our dining room:

BabyGator.jpg

I saw more alligators at Kennedy Space Center than Alligator Alley, LOL.

Seriously? That's Naples?

Well, it's where we are in Naples. We built on a large lake bordering a 60,000 acre wildlife preserve and unwittingly built across the alligator migration path from a swamp to the lake.

We've got shots of turkeys standing at the windows looking into the living room, bobcats in the driveway mesmerized as the dog goes crazy through the windows, bears that saunter along our pool cage, water moccasins napping on the front door mat, ospreys dive bombing for fish, flocks of ibises flying in formation across our backyard heading for their roosts at dusk, etc. And we're constantly battling vultures that like to tear the rubber splines out of the pool screening and the miter caulking out of our gutters. We don't put any coverings on our glass entry doors, as we've learned never to open a door without being able to see what's on the other side.

On our last drive over to Miami, we saw two pythons on Alligator Alley that had been exploded by cars that hit them, and the trip before that we saw several dead alligators along the side of the road. It was mating season, so that might have induced them to clamber over the chain link fence (yes, they can do that) along the highway that usually keeps them off the roadway.

We won't be leaving the Lucid in the driveway, by the way.

Guys, I know this is a car forum. But since several of you seem interested in the wildlife down here in Naples, I'll post a few more pictures from our surroundings and then drop it.

Here's another gator in the driveway heading for the lake:

DrivewayGator2.jpg

Here's a bobcat watching our dog yap her head off:

Bobcat.jpg

Here's a bear sauntering by on while the pool cleaner is at work:

PoolBear.jpg

Here's a turkey checking out our living room:
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 11.46.47 AM.png

Vultures checking out the dining room window gaskets:

PorchVultures.JPG

Gator on a walking trail in preserve behind our house. This preserve gets about 50,000 visitors a year, so the wildlife are used to humans:

TrailGator.jpg

Last edited:
Deer like to nap by our A/C units:

IMG_20180529_201649.jpg

From the fact that the first two Design Studios outside of California opened on the East Coast, I assume that's a hot spot for Lucid orders. One of the first Dreams went to a lady who founded the Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club, and she mentioned forming a Lucid Owners Club. Has anyone heard anything about that? Or is anyone making plans to form one in Florida?

I only heard about it Delaware Valley club from these sites. Funny I don’t think she posted anything after the car was transported back to NJ (I think). I’d be delighted to have something like that. I’m only here 5 or 6 months during the winter.

Wow @hmp10 talk about a need for a back up camera! Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy early stand up on his self titled album.

Funny I don’t think she posted anything after the car was transported back to NJ (I think).

Yeah, it seems that hydbob is the only early delivery customer who is keeping us informed about his experience with the car. Thank goodness for him.

Back