Range

vitalevince

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I live in Canada. Yes weather is on the cold side. I get 25%of the range in city and about 45% on freeways at 90m/hr.

Feel this is very low.
Plus should put a much stronger heater in the car. Not suitable for cold climates

90 miles per hour will lower your range significantly. So will very cold temperatures. Slow down, and your range will increase. Range decreases exponentially with speed.

Use the seat heaters and steering wheel heaters as well; resistance heating is both more efficient and works better than the HVAC heating in cold climates. Otherwise, set your heat to 82 or higher and it works well.

I live in Canada. Yes weather is on the cold side. I get 25%of the range in city and about 45% on freeways at 90m/hr.

Feel this is very low.
Plus should put a much stronger heater in the car. Not suitable for cold climates

How are you determining range? Are you looking at “ since last charge “ or by trip.
It seems unusual to get 25 % of range , even in city. If you are making that determination by looking at “ since last charge “, that will considerably underestimate your true range as it takes in consideration phantom drain, drain while car is preheating, etc.
I live in a very cold area and my driving is mixed . Even in town, I never ever get 25% in winter, I get about 60-70 of the range I get in warmer times.
As far as the heater, I would recommend preheating car and using seat and wheel heat, in conjunction with forced air. I haven’t had instances of getting cold in the car, even at temperatures close to minus 20 Fahrenheit, when using all options in concert. Once the cabin warms up, it has stayed that way for me. I am not a fan of the HVAC system , but not because I get cold, but mainly because it’s possessed with a mind of its own.

90 miles per hour will lower your range significantly. So will very cold temperatures. Slow down, and your range will increase. Range decreases exponentially with speed.
They’re in Canada and probably meant 90km/hr

They’re in Canada and probably meant 90km/hr
Fair point! Will wait for clarification. If that’s the case then I’d be really interested to know what’s affecting range that greatly.

Drove 102 miles in smooth at about 70mph avg speed. It used 142 miles of charge if this helps. I also stopped at an electrify America station at a big mall north of atlanta and it connected great but a 150kw station was limited to 50kw which would have taken forever to charge all the way.

Back