Range on the Touring with 20” Aero wheels

NO1989 is spot on about real world range. I picked up my Touring 20” Aero wheels on Dec 15,2022 and had a road trip to Scottsdale for SuperBowl. I fully charged 100% at Walmart in Indio,CA and the Lucid Touring gave a range of 389 miles. I made it to Scottsdale downtown (Google map distance of 257mi) with 19 mi left in range. For this trip, I averaged about 85mph (occasional 105mph :) with family of four, three carry-on luggages, small drink cooler, heat/AC like normal (no skimming), and kids charging iPads. So from these numbers, I believe that if you drive 70mph, light load, conservative on heat/AC, you can get 300 mi real range and LA-Vegas without charging.

About charging to 80% for daily driving around Orange County, CA, I average around 225 mi.
I can make the 245 mile trip from my house to Vegas on 60% battery. That would get me 408 miles on a full charge. Also that's with setting the ACC to 80 mph. Don't need to be super slow.

I'm not quite sure how to be more clear about it. Be very gentle with the throttle. Accelerate gently. Try to keep the power meter no further to the right than the "r" in the word "Power." Watch your speed. This car is amazingly efficient at 50 or 55 mph but that may be too slow for certain freeways. If you are hell-bent on getting the most possible range, try that. Remember, your Touring has a 92kWh battery. To get 300 miles total range you will need an average efficiency of 3.26. This is easily achieved in this car. In my YouTube video, I averaged 3.4. AC on, elevation changes, radio on. Just kept my speeds at or below 70.
Thanks for the clarification. Taking it easy on the throttle is a challenge given this vehicle but I will work on that. Averaging 3.4 kW/mi is difficult for me. I live in Texas and it hot (a/c is blowing all the time) as well as other accessories. Additionally, things are so spread out that much of my driving is on the freeway (tough to get anywhere without it) which means speeds are generally 70+ mph.

Thanks for the clarification. Taking it easy on the throttle is a challenge given this vehicle but I will work on that. Averaging 3.4 kW/mi is difficult for me. I live in Texas and it hot (a/c is blowing all the time) as well as other accessories. Additionally, things are so spread out that much of my driving is on the freeway (tough to get anywhere without it) which means speeds are generally 70+ mph.
I still think the accessories have very little draw. Basically, I don’t even look at my efficiency and range unless I am going on a long trip where it is paramount. Then, I set the car to 70 and cruise along and comfort. Otherwise, I drive it like a complete idiot and don’t worry about it.

75 to 85 is what’s killing you. I can easily get 4.1-4.3 when I keep it under 70. I can’t always do that, of course. But I don’t need more than 300 miles most of the time.
No doubt you’re right. But, I’m not complaining and would not enjoy driving the car if I had to drive it that slowly, especially on the highway. I’m fine with 300 miles of range while driving the way I’m accustomed to driving. Now, if range was closer to 200 miles, I’d feel much differently. Then again, I would not have purchased a car that offered less range than the Air.

Back