Range on the Touring with 20” Aero wheels

If the 19" wheel vs 20" wheel range drops from 425 to 405 miles, should we assume the range on 21 inch wheels with the Touring will go down to about 350-380 miles? I am waiting my turn to order, but I really like the look of the 21 inch wheels on the Touring.. Not thrilled if the range gets down to 350-380 miles but that is still allot more range than a Tycan or Audi GT at a similar price point. Hoping Lucid can tune that up a bit with software since they need to do it anyway with each wheel size in order for the speedometer to be accurate, I am pretty sure most everything can be tuned through the software on this car.. I plan to order it with 21" rims, and will post my results once I get the car.

If the 19" wheel vs 20" wheel range drops from 425 to 405 miles, should we assume the range on 21 inch wheels with the Touring will go down to about 350-380 miles? I am waiting my turn to order, but I really like the look of the 21 inch wheels on the Touring.. Not thrilled if the range gets down to 350-380 miles but that is still allot more range than a Tycan or Audi GT at a similar price point. Hoping Lucid can tune that up a bit with software since they need to do it anyway with each wheel size in order for the speedometer to be accurate, I am pretty sure most everything can be tuned through the software on this car.. I plan to order it with 21" rims, and will post my results once I get the car.
Just anecdotal, but many moons ago when I visited the Millbrae service center, one of the reps there told me the 21s take about a 50-mile or so hit vs. the 19s. But that was on the GT. I imagine the hit is more of a percentage thing that a total milage thing, so it may be less of a hit on a lower-range car?

Just anecdotal, but many moons ago when I visited the Millbrae service center, one of the reps there told me the 21s take about a 50-mile or so hit vs. the 19s. But that was on the GT. I imagine the hit is more of a percentage thing that a total milage thing, so it may be less of a hit on a lower-range car?
That would bring range down to about 375, right? Hoping that will get tuned through software, if not I am ok with it.. For those that already have a Touring or GT, is range affected when you toggle between the 3 power modes that govern HP output from the different dynamic software options? Does the car have more range when it is in comfort mode as an example vs full on sport mode..?

I just called Lucid on the 800 number and asked about the range with the 20 or 21 inch wheels. He said the range is 384 for BOTH the 20 or 21 inch wheels on the Touring, which tells me that the 21 inch wheel is likely tuned through software if that ends up being the case, and if the range is indeed the same as the 20"s.

Same as above. We picked up our Touring 2 nights ago. At full charge we had 381.

I mentioned this in a different thread, but when I picked up my Touring, my DA told me that the 20" wheels reduce the range by 4% which is lower than I expected. But I also don't know where he got that info from or how accurate it is.

As for my efficiency so far, I've be averaging about 3.2 mi/kWh. Well off pace of the EPA rating so far, but its also been cold(ish) and rainy here.

My touring had 406 mi range at 100% at delivery. I haven't charged it to 100% since.

I think the big hit on range with 21" or 20" wheels over the 19" wheels is mostly due to the tire type mounted on them (max performance summer-only vs all-season low rolling resistance). If you could fit low rolling resistance all-season tires on the 21" or 20" rims, range would improve. Tire choices are limited but are slowly improving.

My touring had 406 mi range at 100% at delivery. I haven't charged it to 100% since.
That number, unfortunately, is theoretical only.

Can someone who owns a touring with 19" wheels reply with actual range on the dashboard at 100% charge. Just curious. I own a touring with 20" wheels and can confirm what others have posted regarding 382 mi at 100% charge.

I have not yet charged by 19" Touring to 100%, but 80% shows 344. Extrapolating that, I get 430 at 100%.
However, real world mileage in Seattle area is very very different - after charging to 80% showing 344 as range, I was down to 25 after driving 205 miles, mostly city

I have not yet charged by 19" Touring to 100%, but 80% shows 344. Extrapolating that, I get 430 at 100%.
However, real world mileage in Seattle area is very very different - after charging to 80% showing 344 as range, I was down to 25 after driving 205 miles, mostly city

If I understand correctly, the car said 80% battery would get you 344 miles of driving. Then you drove for 205 miles, and car reported 25 miles left. So you got 64% of the expected 319 miles. Curiously what did the car report for efficiency in mi/kwh?

Can someone who owns a touring with 19" wheels reply with actual range on the dashboard at 100% charge. Just curious. I own a touring with 20" wheels and can confirm what others have posted regarding 382 mi at 100% charge.
I have a Touring with 19" in. wheels, which was charged to 100% when I took delivery on 12/31. The range showed 425mi.

2 different efficiency numbers shown by the car - very interesting. "Since last charge" seems more accurate per my math

Attachments

• PXL_20230118_031734630_2.jpg
    PXL_20230118_031734630_2.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 109
I've noticed that discrepancy a well and am wondering if they calculate the mi/kWh between the last charge and trips differently. Since I've had the car, the mi/kWh for "Since last charge" is typically between 2.5 and 3 mi/kWH before I charge and yet my trip efficiency (which has never been reset) is at 3.4 mi/kWH.

I've noticed that discrepancy a well and am wondering if they calculate the mi/kWh between the last charge and trips differently. Since I've had the car, the mi/kWh for "Since last charge" is typically between 2.5 and 3 mi/kWH before I charge and yet my trip efficiency (which has never been reset) is at 3.4 mi/kWH.
My thought on this is that the "Since last charge" also takes into account vampire drain, whereas the trip meter only takes into account energy used during driving. Hence the difference.

This is why I label this information as misguided.

There needs to be a welcome section that recommends turning on battery percentage. The conversation around these number will never end 😢
I've never paid attention to the range any ICE car I've driven has predicted...I wonder if this figure fluctuates as much as it does for EVs.

Back