Quantum Gray GT Stealth - 20”

Finally officially scheduled to pick mine up on Friday. Same selections! So excited.
It’s a head-turner. get ready to field some questions like, “what kind of car is that?” :)

Enjoy!!

Unsure if this post will be seen, but I’d be interested in what folks would do for winter wheels/tires and where they’d shop? Lucid has a 19” Winter Wheel and Tire package for $3,750; however, I don’t know that the look would work all that well.

Unsure if this post will be seen, but I’d be interested in what folks would do for winter wheels/tires and where they’d shop? Lucid has a 19” Winter Wheel and Tire package for $3,750; however, I don’t know that the look would work all that well.
So I was quoted the same $3750 by Lucid last fall for a 19" winter Pirelli tire package but when they told me they didn't have the mobile tire van available to install them before winter I contacted Tire Rack to check on if they had the same Pirelli model. Was told that car companies often do a proprietary model with specifications that are a minor tweak from each other, which is not that significant. Not sure if anything has changed with the Lucid Mobile Tire Van or other tires available since then but when I did this last fall the winter tire that was closest was the 245/45R-19 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 AO AUDI XL. They were $357 each and shipped to a local Discount Tire for installation (included), as Tire Rack contracts that piece out. Got some new Sparko rims for about $1k, so total cost for new set including new TPMS sensors (required) was just over $2500. As Discount Tire doesn't have a way to reset the TPMS so you'll have to have mobile service do that the next time they're out (does not require the Mobile Tire Van mentioned above). Discount Tire also switched out the winter Sparko / Pirelli's for the All Season Lucid 19"'s this spring for no charge. One thing to note is to ensure Discount Tire has the correct torque info for the lug nuts (their computer thought the Lucid was another car), and that they install with correct pressure - I was surprised they didn't really check this on installation and had to follow up. Nice to have a 2nd set, and I got these tire covers to store them in garage until the next season (make sure to wash down tires/wheels first): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QRVJ7XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Look forward to seeing your car on the road around the TC's this spring / summer - good luck!

So I was quoted the same $3750 by Lucid last fall for a 19" winter Pirelli tire package but when they told me they didn't have the mobile tire van available to install them before winter I contacted Tire Rack to check on if they had the same Pirelli model. Was told that car companies often do a proprietary model with specifications that are a minor tweak from each other, which is not that significant. Not sure if anything has changed with the Lucid Mobile Tire Van or other tires available since then but when I did this last fall the winter tire that was closest was the 245/45R-19 PIRELLI WINTER SOTTOZERO 3 AO AUDI XL. They were $357 each and shipped to a local Discount Tire for installation (included), as Tire Rack contracts that piece out. Got some new Sparko rims for about $1k, so total cost for new set including new TPMS sensors (required) was just over $2500. As Discount Tire doesn't have a way to reset the TPMS so you'll have to have mobile service do that the next time they're out (does not require the Mobile Tire Van mentioned above). Discount Tire also switched out the winter Sparko / Pirelli's for the All Season Lucid 19"'s this spring for no charge. One thing to note is to ensure Discount Tire has the correct torque info for the lug nuts (their computer thought the Lucid was another car), and that they install with correct pressure - I was surprised they didn't really check this on installation and had to follow up. Nice to have a 2nd set, and I got these tire covers to store them in garage until the next season (make sure to wash down tires/wheels first): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QRVJ7XM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Look forward to seeing your car on the road around the TC's this spring / summer - good luck!
Thanks for the awesome explanation! I'll get to moving on this. The TPMS thing seems a bit wonky. Hopefully Lucid will be helpful with that bit? Where did you purchase the sensors?

I haven't seen any Lucid GTs in the wild up here...yet! Most of our driving is around Excelsior.

Thanks for the awesome explanation! I'll get to moving on this. The TPMS thing seems a bit wonky. Hopefully Lucid will be helpful with that bit? Where did you purchase the sensors?

I haven't seen any Lucid GTs in the wild up here...yet! Most of our driving is around Excelsior.
Sure thing...I don't think the TPMS is critical if you just check on your own occasionally, and the Lucid service van has made a number of trips out here for our fellow TC owners so will take care of it. Sensors were part of the tire package via Tire Rack (which offers other winter tire options, fyi).

Took a drive thru Excelsior the other day for first time - sweet little town!

Does anyone know if the trim pieces from the stealth package are available for purchase?

And here it is in all its glory…after PPF, ceramic coating, window tinting, and brake caliper painting

Attachments

• 215691E9-E74A-421D-9683-ED6CACAF165A.jpeg
    215691E9-E74A-421D-9683-ED6CACAF165A.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 302
I just took delivery on my quantum grey stealth edition today but the "stealth" part is NOT as advertised. And it doesn't look like your pictures reflect what they advertised either. I didn't even notice it when I picked it from the delivery center until I got home because the quantum grey is close to the stealth color it should look like. What they advertise on the website for their stealth look is a "satin finish" on all of the previously chrome components. They say, "Among the most immediately visible changes , Air's mirror caps and distinctive cantrails framing the Glass Canopy feature a darker stealth finish" then they go on to mention the rest of the smaller components around the car which "also feature the new darker Stealth Satin finish." Many of the small components on the car have the satin finish, but I got a car with mirror end caps and cantrails painted with the same glossy quantum grey as the rest of the car. I was super disappointed and I reached out to my sales guy and delivery advisor. Hopefully more to follow. As for everything else about the car, I absolutely love it. It's truly AMAZING (and it still looks great, just not what I expected or thought I paid for). Don't know if this helps anyone, maybe just venting ;)

I just took delivery on my quantum grey stealth edition today but the "stealth" part is NOT as advertised. And it doesn't look like your pictures reflect what they advertised either. I didn't even notice it when I picked it from the delivery center until I got home because the quantum grey is close to the stealth color it should look like. What they advertise on the website for their stealth look is a "satin finish" on all of the previously chrome components. They say, "Among the most immediately visible changes , Air's mirror caps and distinctive cantrails framing the Glass Canopy feature a darker stealth finish" then they go on to mention the rest of the smaller components around the car which "also feature the new darker Stealth Satin finish." Many of the small components on the car have the satin finish, but I got a car with mirror end caps and cantrails painted with the same glossy quantum grey as the rest of the car. I was super disappointed and I reached out to my sales guy and delivery advisor. Hopefully more to follow. As for everything else about the car, I absolutely love it. It's truly AMAZING (and it still looks great, just not what I expected or thought I paid for). Don't know if this helps anyone, maybe just venting ;)
Touring or GT? If the former, the mirror caps match the paint finish, so those won't be Stealthed. Also, did you get the glass canopy? If not, then the roof also matches the body color, so, again, won't be Stealthed.

And here it is in all its glory…after PPF, ceramic coating, window tinting, and brake caliper painting
That’s really beautiful, but it doesn’t look like it’s a quantum grey. The picture makes it seem like the car is a shade of blue. Am I wrong about this? Regardless, it’s really very beautiful. Enjoy!

Touring or GT? If the former, the mirror caps match the paint finish, so those won't be Stealthed. Also, did you get the glass canopy? If not, then the roof also matches the body color, so, again, won't be Stealthed.
It’s a GT with 21” stealth wheels. Looks like everything is stealth like the sales guy told me it would be except the mirror caps and cantrail. Which is the main reason I chose that option.

It’s a GT with 21” stealth wheels. Looks like everything is stealth like the sales guy told me it would be except the mirror caps and cantrail. Which is the main reason I chose that option.
Interesting...can you post a pic?

The cantrails are definitely stealth. The normal cantrails are silver. Hard to tell from the pics about the side mirrors, but they don't look silver to me either.
His point was that he expected them to be matte or "satin" based on the wording on the website in a different spot. But they were gloss; still stealth, but glossy.

This is the best looking mod to a Lucid I’ve seen. I think it fits perfect with the GT P’s wheels. Slick.

That’s really beautiful, but it doesn’t look like it’s a quantum grey. The picture makes it seem like the car is a shade of blue. Am I wrong about this? Regardless, it’s really very beautiful. Enjoy!
Thanks! It is quantum gray. The walls at the shop are bluish and I think that is reflecting off the car.

This is the best looking mod to a Lucid I’ve seen. I think it fits perfect with the GT P’s wheels. Slick.
Thanks!! Was worried that painting the calipers red may be too bold but it works for me.

His point was that he expected them to be matte or "satin" based on the wording on the website in a different spot. But they were gloss; still stealth, but glossy.
Exactly. The cantrails and mirror caps are glossy quantum grey. The same exact paint as the rest of the car. If I bought a white GT stealth, would they have used the the quantum grey paint to make those portions stealth too? Anyway, that part is rhetorical. I’ll see what the factory says.

Back