Q3 ~ 3700

Grnr92663

Cars
Touring + R1S
My cousin & friends won't give me a number any more, so I just had to keep asking until they stop glaring at me ...

3700 is when he stopped

Btw, where 50/day used to be a goal, it's now a baseline ....

My cousin & friends won't give me a number any more, so I just had to keep asking until they stop glaring at me ...

3700 is when he stopped

For the Qtr or 3700 total from day 1? Let’s hope the 6000 to 7000 is a underpromise and over deliver scenario. Would be nice to see 10K this year but that’s probably a huge stretch.

I hope this forum is never dragged into a lawsuit or subpoenaed for these insider knowledge posts.

what are you talking about? all I see are high quality assumptions and logical opinions

No guessing going on here, just insider knowledge from a publicly traded company. Production numbers are highly confidential. This isn't the only post on here.

I talked to my cousin and his friends, who all work in engineering at Lucid. I asked them about the recent change at Lucid, and here's their take.

Insider Knowledge Definition

If a lawyer with Lucid convinces a judge that insider knowledge is being leaked, expect a subpoena to be delivered to the forum hosts to turn over identifying information of the poster. Forum host would need to hire a lawyer for themselves, but they'd like just take this entire forum down instead. (XenForo Ltd)

I've worked in publicly traded companies and understand the consequences of revealing insider info.

No guessing going on here, just insider knowledge from a publicly traded company. Production numbers are highly confidential. This isn't the only post on here.

Insider Knowledge Definition

If a lawyer with Lucid convinces a judge that insider knowledge is being leaked, expect a subpoena to be delivered to the forum hosts to turn over identifying information of the poster. Forum host would need to hire a lawyer for themselves, but they'd like just take this entire forum down instead. (XenForo Ltd)

I've worked in publicly traded companies and understand the consequences of revealing insider info.
I think we all understood what was happening. I would've advised OP to avoid/change some of the diction chosen at the very least when posting about this. But consolidating OP's posts and blaring the sirens is literally wishing for and asking for something bad to happen to OP or this forum.

This is why I don’t tell family or friends anything related to my work. I’m always get “when’s this coming out” or “what’s going on here” etc “don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone”. The little they know the better. This kind of info while it seems harmless can lead to termination.

As mentioned, this isn’t the first post that insider information is being given out. If someone has insider info they want to drop them don’t say “my cousin…….” When you know Lucid is looking inside these Forums because one day something will be let out that Lucid wanted to keep strictly confidential and then the investigation will begin. At my company, we’ve always managed to track back the leak, it’s not hard at all.

Given how tightly Lucid has kept its communication about future-leaning information, I believe it's safe to assume posting "leaks" from cousins, friends, little birdies, or whatever, is potentially going to get that person fired, or at least disciplined.

People are able to post such information here, but I'd strongly advise against it. Unless you don't care if your source gets fired.

At the very least, it may be advisable to post such things in a way that makes it sound as if you are pulling it out of your butt, rather than directly out of an employee's mouth.

Looks like they didn’t have any inside info after all: off by 60+%. I don’t think this forum needs to be worried about legal action :)

Looks like they didn’t have any inside info after all: off by 60+%. I don’t think this forum needs to be worried about legal action :)
Uhmm……. Pretty close actually

1665633323415.png

Guess it depends on the question…. I originally interpreted the post to mean Q3.
So did I but it’s still very close to the YTD so good guess, coincidence perhaps? Who knows! Either way, probably information Lucid wouldn’t like to see on a public forum referencing back to an internal source.

I'm going to be bluntly honest for your sake and your cousin's sake; you should stop posting these. Even if you think they're helping Lucid.

Also, repeatedly referring to them as your cousin is just giving Lucid a bit more evidence on who it is leaking this information. All it takes is them giving someone they suspect a false number, and that person will lose their job and be ruined in this industry, not to mention may face legal action.

Lucid employees 100% watch this forum. Just don't risk anyone's career over some "insider" info that you believe to be correct.

It's information like this that causes speculation, and speculation causes stock price fluctuations, and before you know it, some idiot blog like AutoEvolution is writing a post about something they know nothing about but saw in this forum.

3700 is when he stopped

When I read something like that. It means tge age of Touring/Pure is coming.

I'm curious how this will work out. You've got Thanksgiving and Winter holidays coming up. I wonder how many "days" Lucid will be manufacturing * 50 cars/day. Are they working 7 days/week or do we assume 5 days/week?

They're also adding 2nd and 3rd shifts at the plant so the ramp up will continue snd probably go beyond 50 cars a day

Based on a recent Drone flyover, it looks like Lucid is working on Saturday. If that is true,using a business work day calculator, I get 74 work days in the 4th quarter. Note, this is excluding the 13 Sundays and 5 public holidays in the 4th quarter. Therefore:
using 50 cars/day results in an estimate of 3,700 cars produced.
Using 60 cars/day results in an estimate of 4,440 cars produced.
Using 70 cars,/day results in an estimate of 5,180 cars prodiced.

With that said, hickups occur and the actual number will not be known until after the quarter is over. We all get to pick the number we would hope they achieve.:)

Back