Q1 Earnings Call

There seem to consistently be a lot of cars at delivery centers based on posts here suggesting factory output has improved to the extent that the delivery process is now having to catch-up
Like I said, I am not seeing it from the VIN assignment perspective It is appearing that my delayed ViN assignment dates will be delayed again. If they are increasing production, then they would not be continuing to push VIN assignments to later.

My guess is that the cars at the service centers are mostly needing ‘service’ rather than waiting for someone to pick up a ‘ready to deliver’ car.

The average expected revenue for Q1 is $53.43M, which translates to ~400 GTs delivered to customers.
I expect Q1 deliveries to be in that range; specifically, between 400 and 450 cars delivered.
So, most likely they will meet or exceed the expected revenue for Q1.

Regarding the actual production number as 5/5/22, I see a lot of positive indicators that the ramp up is well under way.

I think you’re on the money for the numbers. I’m guessing the same number of cars delivered for Q1 (400 to 450) and maybe another 200 cars delivered during the month of April to reflect ramp up. Production is probably 20 to 30% higher than that.

My guess is that the cars at the service centers are mostly needing ‘service’ rather than waiting for someone to pick up a ‘ready to deliver’ car.

If Lucid is correct in saying that 80% of Air issues can be addressed by mobile vans, then that means the volume of cars in the service center represents 20% of cars requiring service. Frankly, I don’t think there are enough Airs around for that to be the case.

If Lucid is correct in saying that 80% of Air issues can be addressed by mobile vans, then that means the volume of cars in the service center represents 20% of cars requiring service. Frankly, I don’t think there are enough Airs around for that to be the case.
‘Service’ also implies that the car has QC issues before delivery can be scheduled and not just parked on the site because they are back logged arranging deliveries.

‘Service’ also implies that the car has QC issues before delivery can be scheduled and not just parked on the site because they are back logged arranging deliveries.
Good point. I’d think that’s part of the PDI process, but true, a lot of them probably need to fix defects prior to delivery.

Yeah I would consider service due to QC issues before the car is in the possession of the customer to be a part of the “delivery” process… I.e car is “produced” when it leaves the factory… then transportation to the delivery center, PDI, any remedial work, and the scheduling and executing customer pickup (or home delivery) is all “delivery”

Possibly good buying opportunities now- LCID down almost 9% (almost 70% off its high) TSLA and RIVN mauled too.

I think you’re on the money for the numbers. I’m guessing the same number of cars delivered for Q1 (400 to 450) and maybe another 200 cars delivered during the month of April to reflect ramp up. Production is probably 20 to 30% higher than that.
I’m pulling for Lucid to deliver 458+ for Q1. That would put them in front of GM who is of course the “leader” in transitioning to EVs ;)

Last edited:
Q&A is open and I’m pretty disappointed with the top voted questions already.

(Edit: posted in the other thread)

I just went online to look at the questions submitted (supposedly) by shareholders - was very disappointed in the pablum that I saw. In order to ask a question you have to be a shareholder (which I am), so I linked my brokerage account (the feared Plaid) to enable me to ask a couple of questions. If you go to look and vote, my questions are about how service will be effectively managed with vehicles in remote areas, and what Lucid is doing to improve communication with staff and customers about the production process.

I just signed up too and wonder how some of these questions have so many votes. I wish questions could also be down voted.

I just signed up too and wonder how some of these questions have so many votes. I wish questions could also be down voted.
Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund owns the majority of shares. If the question ranking is based on share count of voters I assume they would be able to control which questions get selected for the call.

Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund owns the majority of shares. If the question ranking is based on share count of voters I assume they would be able to control which questions get selected for the call.
I think they must classify retail and institutional investors separately. I only saw questions from retail investors. Maybe they answer some from each group? I also bet the PIF has a direct line to Lucid if they have any questions.

I would like to hear how far they've planned ahead. Seems Lithium demand could bring things to a grinding halt in the next 2 to 3 years as Rivian has pointed out. For ICE makers they've got ICE cars to fall back on for revenue but for pure EV makers this could impact revenue streams immensely.

I just got mine Air 2 delivered weeks ago. Based on VIN #, I would said we have 1800 produced by end of April, extrapolate that from just 400 first 2 months and 1400 the following 2 months, we should have at least 7000~8000 by end of year, assuming no more additional supply chain disruption.

I just got mine Air 2 delivered weeks ago. Based on VIN #, I would said we have 1800 produced by end of April, extrapolate that from just 400 first 2 months and 1400 the following 2 months, we should have at least 7000~8000 by end of year, assuming no more additional supply chain disruption.
There are some old threads on VINs. The general consensus is that they will not tell you anything about how early your car was produced or how many, overall, Lucid has delivered. I got mine at the end of March, and my VIN is in the 2000s.

Back