Pure Standard Equipment

I assume the Pure won’t have the massage feature, but I can’t find it in the forum.

Update on the free charging:

Offer valid on reservations placed by 12/31/22 for delivery in the US. For reservations made before 6/30/22, promotional period is 3 years. For Sapphire, Grand Touring and Grand Touring Performance reservations made between 7/1/22 and 12/31/22, promotional period is two years. For Touring and Pure reservations made between 7/1/22 and 12/31/22, promotional period is one year. Complimentary charging sessions are for reasonable personal use. 10-minute grace period provided when charging is complete before idle fees apply. Charging plan enrollment required. Offer is non-transferrable.

The Lucid Learning Series video on Getting Comfortable refers to the massage seats and doesn’t specify trim

The Lucid Learning Series video on Getting Comfortable refers to the massage seats and doesn’t specify trim
Like soft close doors, I have massaging seats on my current DD and it is to me another nice to have but not a deal breaker. Just keep the car from breaking down on the highway without notice and I will be happy.

With the rapid inflation, a $90k car today is like last year’s $70k car 😣
Shouldn't ICE cars be cheaper because no high voltage batteries?

It depends. An econobox will certainly be cheaper. A Ferrari, not so much. In between, it varies. Hand built engines will cost more than stock engines. Compare a MB S560 with a Lucid Air GT.

ICE cars and OEMs have a multi-faceted list of problems that makes them more expensive
  • chip shortage prioritizes superior higher profit margins with EV more advanced chips vs dinosaur ICE chips --> leads to ICE shortage --> leads to increased price for the consumer
  • ongoing covid pandemic + geopolitical tensions + corporate market manipulation increases raw material prices --> leads to increased price for the consumer
  • dealerships with low supply, high demand + decreased manufacturer to dealer discount incentives + greed means higher msrp with "market adjustments," --> leads to increased price for the consumer
  • OEM manufacturers getting a taste of higher profit margins from low supply, high demand economics, may continue to artificially manipulate the market to squeeze out as much profit as possible

ICE cars and OEMs have a multi-faceted list of problems that makes them more expensive
  • chip shortage prioritizes superior higher profit margins with EV more advanced chips vs dinosaur ICE chips --> leads to ICE shortage --> leads to increased price for the consumer
  • ongoing covid pandemic + geopolitical tensions + corporate market manipulation increases raw material prices --> leads to increased price for the consumer
  • dealerships with low supply, high demand + decreased manufacturer to dealer discount incentives + greed means higher msrp with "market adjustments," --> leads to increased price for the consumer
  • OEM manufacturers getting a taste of higher profit margins from low supply, high demand economics, may continue to artificially manipulate the market to squeeze out as much profit as possible
Yeah, this. The era of “show up at the end of a month and haggle heavily for a good deal” is dead for the short term, and on life support for the long term. Now that it’s a dealers’ market, it’s going to be a long time before they willingly give it up again.

Does the Pure really offer a 92 kwh battery? I have seen 88 kwh in many places as well. Unless it has to do with usable kwh vs. capacity due to losses.

What does the 700v charging infrastructure means for theoretical maximum kwh battery charge speeds. I doubt you can still get 300 miles in 20 mins.

Does the Pure really offer a 92 kwh battery? I have seen 88 kwh in many places as well. Unless it has to do with usable kwh vs. capacity due to losses.

What does the 700v charging infrastructure means for theoretical maximum kwh battery charge speeds. I doubt you can still get 300 miles in 20 mins.
Typically the charging rates are limited either by the current limitation imposed by the station, or the current limitations imposed by the car manufacturer. The car manufacturers are smart enough to set their BMS so it meets the battery supplier's recommendations. Assuming the Lucid cell supplier is the same for the small pack as is for the large pack, the amount of energy pushed to the battery pack over a given time period will be 78 % (the ratio of the two voltages).

assuming same supplier and composition as the GT, lets go by what official numbers we do know. The GT has a confirmed 22 module battery pack with a usable capacity of 112kwh. The Touring/Pure has a confirmed 18 module battery pack.

18/22x112kwh = ~92kwh = Touring/Pure battery pack. This is likely the usable capacity as 112kwh is the usable capacity of GT.

The GT has a 924v electrical architecture that states it can charge a 112kwh battery pack up to 300 miles in 22 minutes. The Touring/Pure has a 756v electrical architecture. It'll take relatively similiar amount of time to charge up 20%-80% as the GT, but to get 300 miles, it'll probably take closer to at least 26-28 mins

assuming same supplier and composition as the GT, lets go by what official numbers we do know. The GT has a confirmed 22 module battery pack with a usable capacity of 112kwh. The Touring/Pure has a confirmed 18 module battery pack.

18/22x112kwh = ~92kwh = Touring/Pure battery pack. This is likely the usable capacity as 112kwh is the usable capacity of GT.

The GT has a 924v electrical architecture that states it can charge a 112kwh battery pack up to 300 miles in 22 minutes. The Touring/Pure has a 756v electrical architecture. It'll take relatively similiar amount of time to charge up 20%-80% as the GT, but to get 300 miles, it'll probably take closer to at least 26-28 mins
Are you guessing that 924/22 = 42v and all the modules are in series and so 18 modules is 18 x 42 = 756V or you know this for sure? Just curious. Yes. I am a EE. 😊

My 2021 MSLR ”refreshed” does not have soft close doors.
This is my second MS.
As far as I’m aware, soft close has never been a Tesla option.
Really missed that ease.
Looking forward to my AGT, hopefully soon!

model x has soft close if you close the doors manually but im not sure why you would since they open and close automatically which is better than soft close.

Like soft close doors, I have massaging seats on my current DD and it is to me another nice to have but not a deal breaker. Just keep the car from breaking down on the highway without notice and I will be happy.

yeah soft close doors vs normal doors isnt a deal breaker. id like massaging seats if theyre actually good massaging seats, otherwise i dont care for them. What may be a deal breaker for me though is the powered frunk... it seems like the perfect kind of "bucket" for groceries and such which I would probably end up using more than the trunk. wonder if that could be retrofitted for a cost

so it looks like RWD pure models dont get dampening suspension? do you have to opt for the AWD to get the adjustable suspension? wonder if they will software limit the power with AWD compared to touring AWD

My cousin's 2019 model 3 has soft close

Your cousin probably added this aftermarket gadget.

so it looks like RWD pure models dont get dampening suspension? do you have to opt for the AWD to get the adjustable suspension? wonder if they will software limit the power with AWD compared to touring AWD
Where did you see this?

Back