[Pure] Interior Pictures

If these choices work for you, that's great.

I, however, owned and drove an Audi A6 with Quattro drive for 9 years, and 105K miles. While I appreciate AWD and the enhanced traction it provides, I do not want the increased complexity, maintenance or reduced range. With every other EV that offers both RWD & AWD, the RWD version of that EV has greater range. I see no reason why the Lucid would be any different. I also do not want, under ANY circumstances, self- or autonomous- driving. Also, I have no urgent need for a new car, so I am willing to wait in the hope that Lucid eventually releases horsepower and range estimates for the RWD Pure. These are my choices.
Depending on the types of motor used, like with the Model S, the original awd variant actually had a longer range due to being able to operate only the smaller more efficient and less powerful front motor. I don't know if this will be the case for the Pure, you will at least have less weight and less things to potentially break though.

Depending on the types of motor used, like with the Model S, the original awd variant actually had a longer range due to being able to operate only the smaller more efficient and less powerful front motor. I don't know if this will be the case for the Pure, you will at least have less weight and less things to potentially break though.
The weight of the Lucid motor is like 60-70 pounds. Not as much weight saving as you might think.

If these choices work for you, that's great.

I, however, owned and drove an Audi A6 with Quattro drive for 9 years, and 105K miles. While I appreciate AWD and the enhanced traction it provides, I do not want the increased complexity, maintenance or reduced range. With every other EV that offers both RWD & AWD, the RWD version of that EV has greater range. I see no reason why the Lucid would be any different. I also do not want, under ANY circumstances, self- or autonomous- driving. Also, I have no urgent need for a new car, so I am willing to wait in the hope that Lucid eventually releases horsepower and range estimates for the RWD Pure. These are my choices.
We have not seen the specs of RWD Pure but I think the range will be the same as AWD.

The weight of the Lucid motor is like 60-70 pounds. Not as much weight saving as you might think.
Not that surprising, they are pretty tiny. Is there a range or conserve mode?

@noobzilla I test drove the Touring at Lucid HQ a few days ago. When I tried backing up the car into a parking spot, I felt like I was doing jack rabbits. There seems to be a lot of power delivered even on a small tap on the accelerator. I tried a few times but couldn't get a smooth back up motion going. The Lucid rep told me it was most likely due to the car being in Swift mode when I tried to back up. What was your observation with backing up the car?

@noobzilla I test drove the Touring at Lucid HQ a few days ago. When I tried backing up the car into a parking spot, I felt like I was doing jack rabbits. There seems to be a lot of power delivered even on a small tap on the accelerator. I tried a few times but couldn't get a smooth back up motion going. The Lucid rep told me it was most likely due to the car being in Swift mode when I tried to back up. What was your observation with backing up the car?
I think it is the regen that makes backing up seem unnatural. What regen mode were you in? Standard or High?

Still easier for me to reverse with my ICE because I could control it with breaks but with the Lucid I have to press the pedal which sometimes worry me and have to be very careful not to hit it too hard. Does feel a bit stiff and not as smooth as ICE. We can turn on Roll and perhaps the car will behave more like ICE when reversing? Or maybe thats Creep mode

Still easier for me to reverse with my ICE because I could control it with breaks but with the Lucid I have to press the pedal which sometimes worry me and have to be very careful not to hit it too hard. Does feel a bit stiff and not as smooth as ICE. We can turn on Roll and perhaps the car will behave more like ICE when reversing? Or maybe thats Creep mode
“Creep” moves like automatic ICE. Slowly moving in direction of D or R. “Roll” will have no resistance in incline like clutch hold.

I am not using creep right now. When do you recommend that it be used?

I am not using creep right now. When do you recommend that it be used?
When you want to make fancy video car is moving in slow motion like in YouTube Hagerty channel, or when you want to go slow parade or touring area where you don’t want to step on accelerator.

Car has ceramic spray coating now which made it tiny bit darker. Still cloudy outside

Attachments

• 20230108_132050.jpg
    20230108_132050.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 370
  • 20230108_132034.jpg
    20230108_132034.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 384
  • 20230108_131554.jpg
    20230108_131554.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 379
  • 20230108_131549.jpg
    20230108_131549.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 357
  • 20230108_131458.jpg
    20230108_131458.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 340
  • 20230108_131545.jpg
    20230108_131545.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 322
  • 20230108_131528.jpg
    20230108_131528.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Thanks to @noobzilla for posting these pictures!

I have to say that it is really disappointing that the Lucid Community have to turn to another member for pictures and details on what the final configuration of the car is. This information (and pictures) SHOULD have come from Lucid. Lucid's marketing department should be fired (and embarrassed) for not having done this themselves. I am very grateful that someone from this forum stepped up!

I would still like to know what horsepower and range ratings will be for the RWD version of the Pure. Perhaps this is something that Lucid Marketing can do before the car is delivered to their first customers?
Why show interiors of the Pure if they are not up to the level of Touring or Grand Touring?

Why show interiors of the Pure if they are not up to the level of Touring or Grand Touring?
Not sure I agree with that. From the customer's point of view, if it's a product from the company, they have a natural obligation to provide basic information, including pictures, to their customers.

From Lucid's point of view, Peter has characterized the Pure as the quintessential vehicle in the Air line up and one of the most important. This was their positioning to both the public and investors. From that standpoint, they have every commercial motivation to produce and release marketing collateral to support the sale of the Pure trim. This would of course include things such as detailed interior pictures. And this is my personal opinion but I rather like the interior of the Pure despite it not being as luxurious as the GT/T trims. It is quite elegant and would still beat the interiors of a whole lot of lower trim luxury vehicles. So there's nothing to hide or be ashamed of.

Reason for Lucid not going the length to do this? Not sure but I think they have been singularly focused on the GT from a marketing standpoint. It's their first flagship aside from the limited Dream Edition. It makes sense to dedicate commercial/sales/marketing resources there on the front end and slowly shift to Pure as their manufacturing capabilities catch up to be able to start pushing the Pure deliveries out the door in order to begin achieving wider adoption in the more affordable luxury category.

The web site gets fairly regular updates. I would expect more pics of the various trims to be coming eventually.

Previously they had no production cars of the Touring or Pure to photograph.

Back