[Pure] Interior Pictures

Car has ceramic spray coating now which made it tiny bit darker. Still cloudy outside
Thanks for the second set of pictures. The images of the car in your earlier pics did not demonstrate the blue nearly as effective as these views. The distinctive blue hue is much more obvious in the even light of the cloudy day. Thank you very much.

Thank you for all the great pictures, it was a nice nod to Pure's to offer a exclusive color. The interior doesn't seem lacking compared to the higher trims, perhaps the perception is there due to a single color. Hopefully they will start offering more colors in PureLux.

Thanks for the second set of pictures. The images of the car in your earlier pics did not demonstrate the blue nearly as effective as these views. The distinctive blue hue is much more obvious in the even light of the cloudy day. Thank you very much.
The blue-ness varies depending on lighting so it does look a bit different on a sunny vs cloudy day. Also depends a lot on angle! Notice how it's more blue on the roof but more grey on the sides in this picture. Passenger side mirror also has a different shade of blue.

20230106_114349.jpg

View attachment 8267View attachment 8268

I hid the touch screen because it's making the ambient lights hard to see in picture

Ceiling interior light turned on in 2nd pic. Rear seats only have ambient lights on the side doors but hardly noticable. Ceiling light one on each handle bars. No ceiling light in the middle of car.

Ambient light color can't be changed which is hugely disappointing. Gf said DA said it changes so emailed him. Two other Pure owners said theirs don't change so I doubt.
Late response, any white LEDs in the back? Just got an opportunity to confirm.

I meant pictures..
I tried taking some but my camera had a hard time getting anything visually useful. There's one on each side door similar spot as the front door. Very faint. There's LED light on each ceiling handle that can be turned on or off which is brighter

If these choices work for you, that's great.

I, however, owned and drove an Audi A6 with Quattro drive for 9 years, and 105K miles. While I appreciate AWD and the enhanced traction it provides, I do not want the increased complexity, maintenance or reduced range. With every other EV that offers both RWD & AWD, the RWD version of that EV has greater range. I see no reason why the Lucid would be any different. I also do not want, under ANY circumstances, self- or autonomous- driving. Also, I have no urgent need for a new car, so I am willing to wait in the hope that Lucid eventually releases horsepower and range estimates for the RWD Pure. These are my choices.
The other interesting thing about AWD & RWD, at least with the BMW i4, is many reviewers found the handling & ride of the RWD to be better. I test drove both, prior to buying, at a BMW track event and also preferred the RWD. Handling, even in downpours, has been exemplary. We haven’t had snow yet, but I’m sure AWD will be better in that use case.

No powered frunk but honestly it's very easy to close and open. Soft close and no need to slam it.

I did test drive the GT. Also had a Lucid agent go 0 to 80. The Pure is plentyyyy fast it's hard to notice the difference of the lower HP in daily driving situations. I can still speed up at will to whatever speed I need whether at the freeway or being the first car on the traffic light then going whoosh 0 to 50 in a few seconds. Car rides so smooth and quiet that its very easy to go over my intended speed which happened to me more often on the GT (of course I have more driving experience now too). Unless racing or really wanting that g force from 0 to 60+, I don't see any need for more HP. As a bonus I actually feel safer and more confident to drive the Pure, having more control on my speed and not fearing acceleration mishaps.
To me, that was the appeal of the Pure. Given the weight of EVs, I think that HP in the 300s is too low and in the 500s I think it is more than I need. I think the mid to high 400s is the sweet spot.

What is the ambient lighting like? It seems that the ceiling center strip is gone. Do you still have color selection?

Santa Cruz Interior was my first choice but had to downgrade to the Pure. I was worried it will just feel like any regular black interior car but the textile and the alcantara headliner makes the big difference as it darkens the whole feel of the interior. The Touring/GT interiors do have a more luxury and unique feel to them for sure, but I'm a black/white/grey kind of person so this is perfect for me. There's various shades of greys and textures. I'm also happy that the wood panels are still there.

What I sort of do not like is the overall feel sitting in the rear (not in terms of comfort but luxury-wise). *Lacking the colors and vibrancy of the Santa Cruz and Tahoe interiors, the textile adds the much needed contrast.* However, the back area doesnt really have the textiles found in the front area so most items are plastic or PurLuxe and a little bit of wood panel. The alcantara headliner provides that bit of contrast and luxury feel but something is still lacking. I understand Lucid intends to have different feel between the front and the rear, but the rear felt a bit monotonous. Understandably if textile was added on the doors then it will be too similar to the front. I think the culprit is the plain plastic shell of the back of the front seat. Adding textile or some contrast to some section of it would give back a lot of the wow factor.

The PurLuxe seats don't wrinkle compared to the leather seats. Softness and smoothness I'd prefer the leather seats, but I'm guessing the PurLuxe seats could retain it's look longer as it'll be less prone to wrinkling. As it is fake leather hopefully it doesnt fray or chip away in the long term. I've only had limited time with Tesla interiors, but I think the PurLuxe has a less synthetic feel to it. Comfortable seats nonetheless.
What are the materials used in the rear seat doors? From the pictures, it appears that the stitched portion is PurLuxe. Is everything else on the door plastic then? Thanks for the great pics!

What are the materials used in the rear seat doors? From the pictures, it appears that the stitched portion is PurLuxe. Is everything else on the door plastic then? Thanks for the great pics!
Yup just plastic and PurLuxe an panels except on the door handle area which is wood and plastic silver trim. Iirc no textile and in my review I mentioned the lack of it makes the rear feel a lot less luxurious

Yup just plastic and PurLuxe an panels except on the door handle area which is wood and plastic silver trim. Iirc no textile and in my review I mentioned the lack of it makes the rear feel a lot less luxurious
That silver trim is plastic, not real metal?

The other interesting thing about AWD & RWD, at least with the BMW i4, is many reviewers found the handling & ride of the RWD to be better. I test drove both, prior to buying, at a BMW track event and also preferred the RWD. Handling, even in downpours, has been exemplary. We haven’t had snow yet, but I’m sure AWD will be better in that use case.
For sure I can say that in very heavy rain, AWD Pure had a much better road grip than my RWD Lexus ls430. My FWD Sienna also feels safer in heavy rain than ls430.

My GV60 has somewhat the features of each. it is AWD but with a bias and default to RWD. So when cruising it is only using RWD but if I accelerate the front wheel motor kicks in as well. Then it will revert back to RWD.

My GV60 has somewhat the features of each. it is AWD but with a bias and default to RWD. So when cruising it is only using RWD but if I accelerate the front wheel motor kicks in as well. Then it will revert back to RWD.
Fairly common, my 2016 Explorer does that.

Back