[Pure] Interior Pictures

Ezspare perfect fit in the frunk. I think there is room for the scissors jack too. I have to wait for the 2.5 ton jack to arrive and check.
Jack and other tools should fit inside the ezspare tire bag

20230103_202236.jpg

Is there a powered frunk and if you test-drove the GT how was the ride of the pure compared to that?
No powered frunk but honestly it's very easy to close and open. Soft close and no need to slam it.

I did test drive the GT. Also had a Lucid agent go 0 to 80. The Pure is plentyyyy fast it's hard to notice the difference of the lower HP in daily driving situations. I can still speed up at will to whatever speed I need whether at the freeway or being the first car on the traffic light then going whoosh 0 to 50 in a few seconds. Car rides so smooth and quiet that its very easy to go over my intended speed which happened to me more often on the GT (of course I have more driving experience now too). Unless racing or really wanting that g force from 0 to 60+, I don't see any need for more HP. As a bonus I actually feel safer and more confident to drive the Pure, having more control on my speed and not fearing acceleration mishaps.

No powered frunk but honestly it's very easy to close and open. Soft close and no need to slam it.

I did test drive the GT. Also had a Lucid agent go 0 to 80. The Pure is plentyyyy fast it's hard to notice the difference of the lower HP in daily driving situations. I can still speed up at will to whatever speed I need whether at the freeway or being the first car on the traffic light then going whoosh 0 to 50 in a few seconds. Car rides so smooth and quiet that its very easy to go over my intended speed which happened to me more often on the GT (of course I have more driving experience now too). Unless racing or really wanting that g force from 0 to 60+, I don't see any need for more HP. As a bonus I actually feel safer and more confident to drive the Pure, having more control on my speed and not fearing acceleration mishaps.
How would you compare the ride comfort to a Mercedes or BMW and are the doors soft close as well?

How would you compare the ride comfort to a Mercedes or BMW and are the doors soft close as well?
No soft close doors. I only drove a BMW once but ride in my SO's BMW X1 so not much I can say here but I like my seats better and my Air is significantly quieter. I'm probably the worst person to ask for comparison to another luxury car as Ive only owned a mazda3 :'D There's detailed comparisons in the forums somewhere, just have to find and dig them out

No soft close doors. I only drove a BMW once but ride in my SO's BMW X1 so not much I can say here but I like my seats better and my Air is significantly quieter. I'm probably the worst person to ask for comparison to another luxury car as Ive only owned a mazda3 :'D There's detailed comparisons in the forums somewhere, just have to find and dig them out
I saw a video once (can't find again) of when you walk up to the car from the front when it wakes up (so to speak) and the front lights come on. Could you post a short video of this?

I have a fully loaded Pure on order and hope to have VIN soon (fingers crossed).

I'm probably the worst person to ask for comparison to another luxury car as Ive only owned a mazda3 :'D
You're right on that, my Mazda 3 is poor on blocking road noise (but stick shift, fun drive). Conversations have to be done using my university professor voice. In my F150, normal speaking voice for front seat conversations. In a GT, normal voice reaches all passengers.

Curious how efficiency and range ends up comparing to Touring

I agree the Pure should be plenty and it has more leg room in the back.
I am scared flooring the GT trying to pass people
In 4 lanes of traffic here in Texas. Afraid someone would just try to change lanes ahead of me going 10 miles slower.
Wonder what the heck people will do if they plan to drive the Sapphire as their every day car.

Definitely need to be a responsible/sensible driver of these cars.

I drove Pure in heavy rain. Perhaps due to AWD, the traction was as good as I was on a dry road and even in such weather, Highway Assist actually worked though I was ready to take over instantly. The 19" ride was very comfortable and yet firm. I am yet to try flooring or the launch mode. I will wait till the rain stops. I cannot say if the directional alerts of SSp are noticeable but then I need to drive more to comment on that. Hope this helps those waiting who did not want DDp, AWD. I think it makes a big difference in rain.

I drove Pure in heavy rain. Perhaps due to AWD, the traction was as good as I was on a dry road and even in such weather, Highway Assist actually worked though I was ready to take over instantly. The 19" ride was very comfortable and yet firm. I am yet to try flooring or the launch mode. I will wait till the rain stops. I cannot say if the directional alerts of SSp are noticeable but then I need to drive more to comment on that. Hope this helps those waiting who did not want DDp, AWD. I think it makes a big difference in rain.
I would guess the AWD ends up being quicker than RWD.

I would guess the AWD ends up being quicker than RWD.
I really do not think the acceleration matters as much. My old Lexus LS 430 300HP can do 0 to 60 in just over 5 seconds. Pure RWD most likely has more HP and way more torque. The only reason I got AWD is for better traction in rain or snow when chains or not needed.

I really do not think the acceleration matters as much. My old Lexus LS 430 300HP can do 0 to 60 in just over 5 seconds. Pure RWD most likely has more HP and way more torque. The only reason I got AWD is for better traction in rain or snow when chains or not needed.
All the motors are likely the same, just software limited to different outputs?

If these choices work for you, that's great.

I, however, owned and drove an Audi A6 with Quattro drive for 9 years, and 105K miles. While I appreciate AWD and the enhanced traction it provides, I do not want the increased complexity, maintenance or reduced range. With every other EV that offers both RWD & AWD, the RWD version of that EV has greater range. I see no reason why the Lucid would be any different. I also do not want, under ANY circumstances, self- or autonomous- driving. Also, I have no urgent need for a new car, so I am willing to wait in the hope that Lucid eventually releases horsepower and range estimates for the RWD Pure. These are my choices.

Back