PSA: Use a referral code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember that referral codes are only allowed to be posted in the referral sub-forum.

I’m not going to argue. But multiple folks have raised concerns over how the mods have a significant advantage with offering referral codes.

Another example of that is if you take a look at the thread you just linked, your referral code is at the very top so naturally it’ll likely be used more. No one is going to scroll to the very end.

You may mean well, but please recognize the gripe that lots of folks have with the current structure.

I’m not going to argue. But multiple folks have raised concerns over how the mods have a significant advantage with offering referral codes.

Another example of that is if you take a look at the thread you just linked, your referral code is at the very top so naturally it’ll likely be used more. No one is going to scroll to the very end.

You may mean well, but please recognize the gripe that lots of folks have with the current structure.
Rules are rules. The mods have done a great job of avoiding making this place unruly, so I'd cut them some slack, especially as a newer member here. They spend A LOT of their time on here making it function smoothly, so of course they're often going to see the new threads first. They don't get paid to be here; they're doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. I'd say this allows them to get some extra perks (i.e. getting early dibs on referral codes) as a way of making their efforts worthwhile.

That being said, as @thecodingart indicated in a different thread, Lucid has a yearly limit in the points one can earn, so if the mods get all the referrals early on in the year, they'll quickly get capped and would (I hope) refrain from posting their codes in the new request threads. That will allow the rest of us plebs to get some too. Appreciate the forum for what it is - a great resource for owners and prospective owners to come together to discuss an amazing EV.

Fair enough on the thread linked. I deleted my post so it is no longer first. The moderators set the rule to keep every thread from getting spammed with referral codes. We also created a place for referral codes in the profile. We are not perfect but we do listen.

Post all referral requests here.

Please don't generalize. I have not posted my referral code here a single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back