• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

problems and glitches

C'mon its GIGO. Its a dumb computer outsmart it. Instead of trying to make profiles for each person put everybody on the SAME profile.
You've made this comment about GIGO and dumb computer before and misused it so I'm going to try to stop the misuse. Easiest thing first:

1) Everyone uses the same profile to outsmart the computer. The setting for steering wheel and seat along with other customizations are stored in the profile aren't they? I don't want my wife to overwrite my customizations - she needs her own profile.

2) GIGO. Yes, if you feed a program garbage, garbage comes out. You have the NAV system set to English and it is awaiting your address input. You say "Hace calor entonces necesito ducharme". That is GIGO. The problem with what you are stating is you are ignoring when valid input produces garbage output. It's not all garbage in causing the problem. Here's an example:
Patient comes in with blood work results showing A1C level of 10 and cholesterol of 300 (fasting and testing repeated to verify results). This is valid input. It now goes into the knowledge base gained through medical school and years of medical practice (basically computer software). The doctor recommends a change in diet - eat red meat and bacon with every meal plus dessert and wash it down with a soda. Good input produces bad output when program logic or syntax is incorrect. The people experiencing software errors are not inputting garbage. The software is telling them to eat meat and dessert.

3) Dumb computer. Computers, like humans, need to be programmed. In the old days, programs were rudimentary and fairly limited in capability leading to the dumb computer end user perception. Heck, I would yell at it when I couldn't do something programmatically because of insufficient resources so the code was less capable than I wanted. We just couldn't write sophisticated code with the limited memory, disk storage, and computing power available back then. Now, with gigabytes of memory, terabytes of disk and incredible computing power, there's no such thing as a dumb computer. That's not to say bad code doesn't exist that produces undesired results but computers today are capable of running incredibly sophisticated code and what stumped programs years ago when users did weird things can be routinely handled today. The hardware constraints of yesteryear have largely been eliminated and as long as the programmer is capable, we won't see a dumb computer.

Ok, off my soapbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've made this comment about GIGO and dumb computer before and misused it so I'm going to try to stop the misuse. Easiest thing first:

1) Everyone uses the same profile to outsmart the computer. The setting for steering wheel and seat along with other customizations are stored in the profile aren't they? I don't want my wife to overwrite my customizations - she needs her own profile.

2) GIGO. Yes, if you feed a program garbage, garbage comes out. You have the NAV system set to English and it is awaiting your address input. You say "Hace calor entonces necesito ducharme". That is GIGO. The problem with what you are stating is you are ignoring when valid input produces garbage output. It's not all garbage in causing the problem. Here's an example:
Patient comes in with blood work results showing A1C level of 10 and cholesterol of 300 (fasting and testing repeated to verify results). This is valid input. It now goes into the knowledge base gained through medical school and years of medical practice (basically computer software). The doctor recommends a change in diet - eat red meat and bacon with every meal plus dessert and wash it down with a soda. Good input produces bad output when program logic or syntax is incorrect. The people experiencing software errors are not inputting garbage. The software is telling them to eat meat and dessert.

3) Dumb computer. Computers, like humans, need to be programmed. In the old days, programs were rudimentary and fairly limited in capability leading to the dumb computer end user perception. Heck, I would yell at it when I couldn't do something programmatically because of insufficient resources so the code was less capable than I wanted. We just couldn't write sophisticated code with the limited memory, disk storage, and computing power available back then. Now, with gigabytes of memory, terabytes of disk and incredible computing power, there's no such thing as a dumb computer. That's not to say bad code doesn't exist that produces undesired results but computers today are capable of running incredibly sophisticated code and what stumped programs years ago when users did weird things can be routinely handled today. The hardware constraints of yesteryear have largely been eliminated and as long as the programmer is capable, we won't see a dumb computer.

Ok, off my soapbox.

I wouldn't call it a soapbox but more of an attack.

Anyhow, I posted in response to an issue an actual car owner had. A family member was unable to access streaming services because he didn't have a profile set up. Its a work around because the dumb computer won't say, gee you've changed and aren't the same person. I didn't suggest at any point changing the seat settings, person temporarily using the car can just move the seat.

I will continue to use GIGO as I please...

Lucid Air GT Zenith Red owner

Last edited by a moderator:
Back