Pricing issues with Lucid

kellen0430

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
We leased a Lucid Air Touring over the weekend and worked with our salesperson to find a car within our budget. We found a suitable vehicle, and my salesperson sent us the final numbers, which we agreed to on Friday. On Saturday, my salesperson called me to log into the dashboard and accept the offer. He apologized that the numbers shown were much higher than agreed upon and assured me that it was because the July rebates hadn't been factored in yet. This sounded logical, so I accepted the offer. While my monthly payment matched our agreement, my out-of-pocket payment increased by almost $1,100. My salesperson was surprised and couldn't offer an explanation or solution. Now I'm left wondering if I'll have to pay $1,100 more than agreed upon, or if this is a glitch will be rectified. Either way, this has diminished our Lucid buying experience.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation when ordering a Lucid?

We leased a Lucid Air Touring over the weekend and worked with our salesperson to find a car within our budget. We found a suitable vehicle, and my salesperson sent us the final numbers, which we agreed to on Friday. On Saturday, my salesperson called me to log into the dashboard and accept the offer. He apologized that the numbers shown were much higher than agreed upon and assured me that it was because the July rebates hadn't been factored in yet. This sounded logical, so I accepted the offer. While my monthly payment matched our agreement, my out-of-pocket payment increased by almost $1,100. My salesperson was surprised and couldn't offer an explanation or solution. Now I'm left wondering if I'll have to pay $1,100 more than agreed upon, or if this is a glitch will be rectified. Either way, this has diminished our Lucid buying experience.

Has anyone else faced a similar situation when ordering a Lucid?
I don't know and can't answer your question but for the future, never accept anything a salesperson says that is not in writing. Under the Uniform Commercial Code everything gets swallowed up into the written contract and any oral representations go out the window. I am not saying one cannot sue for fraud but getting it in writing is the wisest route. That is one of the reasons I prefer to communicate in emails with my dealership. I like a written record.

I would explain to the sales person that sometimes a company will go back on what has been said. " While I trust you, would you please put this in an email to me? Thanks." If the sales person says no, walk away. I mean walk away. At that point I would not want to deal with the seller.

Note that I am not specifically talking about Lucid; just general advice on purchasing any expensive item.

$5k for picking up car, became 4k on July 1. However 'credit' increased from 3750 to 7500 which should reduce overall price. Interest rate went from 2.99 to 4.99 so that may have eaten the savings. I think you still can cancel if you choose.

There are a lot of moving parts on a lease. I thought I was not getting credit for my on-line order deposit as the amount was not to be found on the lease document anywhere, but when it came time to pay the "at-signing" fees (acquisition, 1st month, registration, license, capital reduction, etc) they credited the deposit at that time. It takes time - but forensic accounting should be able to find the $1,100 discrepancy.

Back