Prices dropped again

quantum

Verified Owner
Another price cut by Lucid. AWD Pure cheaper than RWD. Touring gets a 10k cut! GT from 115000.

They just should have released the Pure much earlier instead of doing this dance. Its one thing making the most expensive model, but doing this in the present high interest rate environment was a big blunder by Lucid management.

They just should have released the Pure much earlier instead of doing this dance. Its one thing making the most expensive model, but doing this in the present high interest rate environment was a big blunder by Lucid management.
Please do not play armchair CEO; it is against the guidelines. Nobody predicted the pandemic or this interest rate environment, and lower prices benefit the industry and customers overall.

It's only for a limited time and seems to only apply to certain available cars.

That puts a Pure AWD slightly above a fully loaded Polestar 2. Unbelievable.

Gdi just when I'm starting to get ready to list my Pure for sale the price drops...

It's only for a limited time and seems to only apply to certain available cars.

That puts a Pure AWD slightly above a fully loaded Polestar 2. Unbelievable.
I d
Please do not play armchair CEO; it is against the guidelines. Nobody predicted the pandemic or this interest rate environment, and lower prices benefit the industry and customers overall.
Understand, Yes , agree I don't know all the facts. I hope this quarter they can clear most of their inventory. Looks like AWD Pure inventory is significant enough to price it below the RWD Pure. At least they finally realized to just make the Pure with all options, and they should have a 516 mile mile option available as well.

Reactions: DBV
Pure’s are not selling as well as the Touring or GT, so they have a lot in inventory. They were thinking, as many here, that the Pure would be the best seller due to it being the lowest cost. However, when people are at the studios sit in a Touring or GT after the Pure, they decide to upgrade. That is great for the sales $ for the company but bad for them having too many Pure’s in production. So……. Big deals on the Pure so they can get the inventory corrected.

BTW.. I love my Air GT! Wife, now that she will drive my car (and won’t let me drive it when we are together) is looking at a Gravity that will sit higher off the ground.

Pure’s are not selling as well as the Touring or GT, so they have a lot in inventory. They were thinking, as many here, that the Pure would be the best seller due to it being the lowest cost. However, when people are at the studios sit in a Touring or GT after the Pure, they decide to upgrade. That is great for the sales $ for the company but bad for them having too many Pure’s in production. So……. Big deals on the Pure so they can get the inventory corrected.

BTW.. I love my Air GT! Wife, now that she will drive my car (and won’t let me drive it when we are together) is looking at a Gravity that will sit higher off the ground.
Not everyone. I did just that and didn’t see the price delta worth it for me. I didn’t find the additional features of such an added value and actually wanted to avoid the glass roof. Different strokes. :)

Touring and GT were way overpriced. I suspect RWD Pure will drop 5k to 72k and they will introduce base Gravity at 80k.

Touring and GT were way overpriced. I suspect RWD Pure will drop 5k to 72k and they will introduce base Gravity at 80k.
I dont always agree with you, but I share your sentiment on all parts of this post. The touring would attract a lot more customers if it was 85k-ish IF it is still profitable at that price.

Reactions: DBV
I have absolutely no regrets paying what I did for my GT.

All of the cars are grey or silver for the GT. Hard pass even with the deal. Unpopular exterior and interior combos would be my guess.

^^^
You could always wrap it whatever color you choose. Price of wraps have come way down.

I think that if you are looking to buy a Lucid, you are probably someone with some excess cash and interest in taking a risk on a new car manufacturer. Given that, most decide to spend a little more and get some additional options. I got the touring because the price difference was about $25k from the Touring. I thought the extra horsepower and massage seats were options I did not need. The deal breaker was the top being a different color. I was not too fond of that. So I chose a touring with a metal roof so it is all one color. In hindsight, the extra 80 miles or so of range on the GT is something worth the extra $25k. :(

I have no regrets about the Touring. I just love the car. but... Do you think Lucid will give me a deal on a GT while trading in a touring?

I think that if you are looking to buy a Lucid, you are probably someone with some excess cash and interest in taking a risk on a new car manufacturer. Given that, most decide to spend a little more and get some additional options. I got the touring because the price difference was about $25k from the Touring. I thought the extra horsepower and massage seats were options I did not need. The deal breaker was the top being a different color. I was not too fond of that. So I chose a touring with a metal roof so it is all one color. In hindsight, the extra 80 miles or so of range on the GT is something worth the extra $25k. :(

I have no regrets about the Touring. I just love the car. but... Do you think Lucid will give me a deal on a GT while trading in a touring?
Could sell your Touring 3rdc party and buy a used GT?

The loss would be way too big, the used market for Air is not looking great.
Yes, and we should be helping Lucid and not individual parties. I prefer to trade it in and for Lucid to get another sale - the loss is still going to be the same. I hope they do come up with a trade in program. Lucid can then figure out how to sell used cars or sell them to Hertz!

The loss would be way too big, the used market for Air is not looking great.
Not really. Selling it and buying a used GT would cost, of course, but the “loss” would not be particularly high since you’d be buying a depreciated car anyway.

Back