PPF Advice Please

Yeah perfectly fine. The shop says they didn’t remove the hood or anything. I’m taking the car back to them next week hopefully can avoid a service visit. I’m sure it’s maybe just a latch needs adjusting.

I am having my car done next week with the front having Xpel Ultimate Plus B FFE and then with 1 layer on nano polish - 1 layer of 9h-1 layer of light - 1 layer on the exterior plastic- 1 layer of “Ra”. Any opinions??

Has anyone had their outside front window done with XPEL XR+ Ceramic to prevent rock dings and inside skin (Bray) to reduce heat? Also what about putting ceramic coatings on the interior, especially the bottom of the side door panels where feet hit and the center aluminium pieces?

I'm looking for some info on the prices paid for a full PPF wrap. Can you post this information? If uncomfortable doing do, please feel free to DM. Thanks!

I'm looking for some info on the prices paid for a full PPF wrap. Can you post this information? If uncomfortable doing do, please feel free to DM. Thanks!
Suntek Ultra, everything from rear doors forward (so, not 100% of the car), + ceramic coating on top. $4,259 out the door. Lucid shop in Costa Mesa said it was the best PPF job they had seen to date. Its 8 months old at this point, and all good. Glad I did it. Car still looks like it's made of glass. PM me if you need any more info. Good luck.

Kavaca with Ceramic Pro on the glass areas was $6200 for mine. The shop threw in coating on the interior also.

Mine was expensive- went with xpel ultimate plus with ceramic coating on the film. Entire car, with all windows, including front and roof, came to 10k. It was an xpel shop that installed it.

I could have gotten it done at another shop for about 8.5k but the xpel shop has high end cars- Mclarens, Ferraris, Lambo's - I assume they have good quality and expertise and was willing to pay extra for that.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I am also looking for some prices for full PPF and ceramic. We've got several places here in Milwaukee with a range of $7K (for both) to $10K. No one has done a full Lucid, although they say that they've done partials and are willing to work with me. I'm thinking about going to the Chicago suburbs to see if there's a better price, but would prefer to stay local if possible. Are these prices reasonable for what I'm looking for? Thanks.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I am also looking for some prices for full PPF and ceramic. We've got several places here in Milwaukee with a range of $7K (for both) to $10K. No one has done a full Lucid, although they say that they've done partials and are willing to work with me. I'm thinking about going to the Chicago suburbs to see if there's a better price, but would prefer to stay local if possible. Are these prices reasonable for what I'm looking for? Thanks.
Those are reasonable prices for full PPF and ceramic, if a bit on the high side. Not outlandish.

Agree with @borski. Those are reasonable and in the right zip code. Are you also getting any tint/wrap work done?

I just had full SunTek PPF for a little under $7K, very pleased with the work. Apparently it has some kind of ceramic built in? The car is definitely easy to clean, plus I love the peace of mind.

Make sure your installer is going to bulk-wrap the hood, rather than using a pattern which (so my installer explained) may have a join in it somewhere.

Edit: I may go back for a very light roof tint, to keep the heat out - haven’t decided yet

I just had full SunTek PPF for a little under $7K, very pleased with the work. Apparently it has some kind of ceramic built in? The car is definitely easy to clean, plus I love the peace of mind.

Make sure your installer is going to bulk-wrap the hood, rather than using a pattern which (so my installer explained) may have a join in it somewhere.

Edit: I may go back for a very light roof tint, to keep the heat out - haven’t decided yet
As many detailers here have noted, ceramic coating on PPF is not the real thing. The best solution is PPF with an additional ceramic coat on top, as this will give you more of the hydrophobic qualities(and delay yellowing of the film). All "ceramic" ppf is doing is putting ceramic particles in the film.

That's in the range of what I paid for mine, and I'd think San Diego prices are probably higher than where you are.

I paid 10k for full PPF ( film has ceramic coating ), all glass tinted

As many detailers here have noted, ceramic coating on PPF is not the real thing. The best solution is PPF with an additional ceramic coat on top, as this will give you more of the hydrophobic qualities(and delay yellowing of the film). All "ceramic" ppf is doing is putting ceramic particles in the film.
I have the xpel ceramic PPF. Happy with it. Water does bead up quite well.

Agree with @borski. Those are reasonable and in the right zip code. Are you also getting any tint/wrap work done?
Not sure. Was thinking about a light tint but have never done that before. Any thoughts?

I have the xpel ceramic PPF. Happy with it. Water does bead up quite well.
Yup! It works well, it’s just that the wear may be more excessive than real ceramic.

Then again, protecting a protective surface does seem kind of interesting..

Not sure. Was thinking about a light tint but have never done that before. Any thoughts?
I'm not into tints myself, but wanted sun protection. I have the windows and glass canopy covered with an IR ceramic film with a super light tint that's barely noticeable. But it does keep the car cooler in the sun. My husband's automatic sunglasses don't go dark in the car.

I'm not into tints myself, but wanted sun protection. I have the windows and glass canopy covered with an IR ceramic film with a super light tint that's barely noticeable. But it does keep the car cooler in the sun. My husband's automatic sunglasses don't go dark in the car.
Yeah, I don't like colored tints either as they make the car look like a ricer. I do advocate for matching front tint to rear tint.

$7,900 for Lluminar, full car + tint all windows (including glass canopy). Work performed in West Palm Beach. Good luck. Strongly encourage you to go with a strong tint on the glass canopy part.. I didn't go dark enough & without the screens to filter the canopy that Lucid sells the car cooks !!!

Back