Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

I've been following this thread, and all I can say is if the current Lucid owners got together and put a car show of their other cars, it would be a pretty amazing car show. Wow folks.

I still say we should host our northeastern meetup at @CraZ8 s house.. full of fantastic cars and a cute isetta that would enable us to have a “how many reps can you do” competition.(with the isetta..)

Last edited:
Count me in that club. Stellar White/Mojave AGT and El Cap Granite/Black Mountain R1S LE. Oh, and a white ‘11 BMW M3 that’s getting very little love these days…
E9x m3 pictures are always great, it still looks like a 2016-18 car to me. Spill!

E9x m3 pictures are always great, it still looks like a 2016-18 car to me. Spill!
IMG_7149.jpeg

There ya go, xponents. Not in the same country club as Ferraris and Lambos, but it was a fun car…until EVs spoiled me.

IMG_0096.jpeg

Loved my M5.

Also, if you think that the understated porsche is boring, then what about the air? Genuinely curious.
Are you comparing Porsche boring looks to Air's looks?
Okay, in my view Porsche is an outdated V2 German rocket vs Airs futuristic Discovery One (you should like that comparison)
Totally respect that. I feel exactly the same way. Only swap out Porsche with Ferrari.
Bullseye. Neither Ferrari, nor Porsche ever gained my attention.
Porsche, I gave my opinion already.
Ferrari?
Putting aside most pompous company in existence ever (even Rolls Royce is better in that regard), if I can't distinguish/recognize 100 yards away, between Ferraris and newest Vettes, why spend money?
To boot, Vettes are better lately, albeit being very plasticky.

@scal_air I keep hearing fantastic things about the apparently grossly-underappreciated RX8, having grown up with a FB and later enjoying my friend's FB in high-school 10 years later (before he flipped it around a corner, totalled car, unscathed friend). Would love to rev one of those things out if I ever get a change to drive one

@CraZ8 Finalist garage right there. Excellent pairing of two of BMW's finest and most evocative examples of design :)

@FirstEV Umm, why is no one talking about your possessing (arguably) two of the best looking cars ever designed, at least in the humble opinion of Ralph Lauren. The DB9 ain't to shabby either, especially when you're in the mood for something made within the current millennium (and won't get immediate coverage in Jalopnik if you curb a wheel). Even if you pulled that picture from Google image search, it still spiked my endorphins just the same.

Funny this becoming a Porsche fanboy thread. Not intended, but from my perspective as an enthusiast trying to find a sweet spot of value, I couldn't find a more affordable, reliable, enjoyable, tossable, sonorous, solidly-built, serviceable, appreciating (ostensibly), and not-bad-to-look-at option. And it has the storage space of a midsize sedan between the trunk and frunk. Had a Dinan Z3 M roadster right before; sounded great and fun to drive but too fragile, shaky construction and chassis, drivetrain and electronics timebombs aplenty, small yet $$$ things breaking constantly, eventually felt burdensome. Had a Miata NC GT before that BMW, which was perfect other than too slow and the soundtrack was lacking (making the Dinan a swift pendulum swing in pretty much every respect). Third time seems to be the charm with the Boxster, as especially for under $20K I can't think of anything that can check so many boxes if you want a NA manual convertible that's the right balance of special and practical.

That said, I don't love the (often deserved) reputation and perception of Porsche ownership. I've found putting a rubber ducky on the dashboard helps dispel that a bit though.

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 9.25.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 9.26.40 PM.png

@scal_air I keep hearing fantastic things about the apparently grossly-underappreciated RX8, having grown up with a FB and later enjoying my friend's FB in high-school 10 years later (before he flipped it around a corner, totalled car, unscathed friend). Would love to rev one of those things out if I ever get a change to drive one

@CraZ8 Finalist garage right there. Excellent pairing of two of BMW's finest and most evocative examples of design :)

@FirstEV Umm, why is no one talking about your possessing (arguably) two of the best looking cars ever designed, at least in the humble opinion of Ralph Lauren. The DB9 ain't to shabby either, especially when you're in the mood for something made within the current millennium (and won't get immediate coverage in Jalopnik if you curb a wheel). Even if you pulled that picture from Google image search, it still spiked my endorphins just the same.

Funny this becoming a Porsche fanboy thread. Not intended, but from my perspective as an enthusiast trying to find a sweet spot of value, I couldn't find a more affordable, reliable, enjoyable, tossable, sonorous, solidly-built, serviceable, appreciating (ostensibly), and not-bad-to-look-at option. And it has the storage space of a midsize sedan between the trunk and frunk. Had a Dinan Z3 M roadster right before; sounded great and fun to drive but too fragile, shaky construction and chassis, drivetrain and electronics timebombs aplenty, small yet $$$ things breaking constantly, eventually felt burdensome. Had a Miata NC GT before that BMW, which was perfect other than too slow and the soundtrack was lacking (making the Dinan a swift pendulum swing in pretty much every respect). Third time seems to be the charm with the Boxster, as especially for under $20K I can't think of anything that can check so many boxes if you want a NA manual convertible that's the right balance of special and practical.

That said, I don't love the (often deserved) reputation and perception of Porsche ownership. I've found putting a rubber ducky on the dashboard helps dispel that a bit though.

View attachment 15201
View attachment 15200

Another SPAM for Porsche fanboi. Here is my Porsche Boxster, aka “poor man’s Porsche”. Yes, I like zigzag and red cars, but convertible is just not good idea in Texas most of time.

D689E7E0-C9D3-4A43-80F9-A0ED78D2C9FF.jpeg

View attachment 15201
View attachment 15200
Agree with Ralph Lauren. Sorry no Google search image. Bought the Dino In 1985 the E-Type in 1991 and the Db9 in 2011.

I bought my 911 Turbo S in 2021. I have three kids aged 12, 10, and 7. It's my daily and my two younger kids are small enough to fit in the back seat for drop off and pick up. My wife drives our Air Touring to work. We also have a 2013 MB GL450 that was our primary kids hauler until we got the Air. The GL is still great for taking the whole family on road trips.

Attachments

• 20221117_110007.jpg
    20221117_110007.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 65
Back