Ping pong-ing

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
I've only tried Highway assist a few times, but it feels to me like it ping-pongs quite a bit between the sides of the lane. This, I think, also leads it to be too close to one side or the other on curves often. As a result, I'm finding myself overriding the steering a lot. Are others having the same experience? Am I just paranoid and should trust it a bit more? Thx!

I've only tried Highway assist a few times, but it feels to me like it ping-pongs quite a bit between the sides of the lane. This, I think, also leads it to be too close to one side or the other on curves often. As a result, I'm finding myself overriding the steering a lot. Are others having the same experience? Am I just paranoid and should trust it a bit more? Thx!
Turn off Lane Keep Assist

I like Lane Keep Assist, so I'll suggest to let the car do what it does. Then evaluate the min/max expected behaviors. If these are uncomfortable to you, then you may want to wait some more time before using it (eg. software updates and improvements).

Same here. Mostly occurs when navigating sweeping turns. My Dream Drive expired today and I am SO glad. The basic adaptive cruise control is very good, but does occasionally get confused by merging traffic or roadside obstacles.

There are three levels of Dream Drive. The Pro and Premium levels add features above the standard Dream Drive, which never expires.
My choice of words with regard to the free trial was poor. I will not miss the Pro and Premium level features, however. Perhaps after I turn off the Lane Keep Assist I will enjoy Dream Drive more on the highway. Around town it's very, very good.

My choice of words with regard to the free trial was poor. I will not miss the Pro and Premium level features, however. Perhaps after I turn off the Lane Keep Assist I will enjoy Dream Drive more on the highway. Around town it's very, very good.
If you have the newest software version, there is a “warning only” mode for lane keep assist that I find works perfectly.

If you have the newest software version, there is a “warning only” mode for lane keep assist that I find works perfectly.
In warning only mode I think it actually works better than in most other cars now, like it is not gonna alert you unless you’re seriously drifting onto the line, whereas it used to alert and fight you if you were anywhere near the line and many times it would imagine lines and fight you if you were driving perfectly. Lane Keeping is aggravating in almost every car, but now in the Lucid I don’t even notice it now unless I’m actually making a driving error, they did a good job . It’s driver friendly now, it used to be driver unfriendly.

There is no "Lane Keep Assist" option in my Settings menu, nor is it mentioned in the User Manual. There is only "Lane Departure Detection", which I have opted out of "Intervention". I also don't see any mention of "Highway Assist".

There is no "Lane Keep Assist" option in my Settings menu, nor is it mentioned in the User Manual. There is only "Lane Departure Detection", which I have opted out of "Intervention". I also don't see any mention of "Highway Assist".
Tap the leftmost steering wheel button to put it into Highway Assist (if equipped) or Adaptive Cruise mode. The vehicle will indicate which mode you are in at the top of the dashboard just above the speed. If the title is shown as in the picture below, in white font only, it is on standby mode. When active, the title will have an amber background. To switch between the two of them, long press that leftmost button. If Highway Assist does not appear, either you are in an area where it is not available or you do not have this option on your vehicle. When you’re ready to activate whichever one, tap the button on the left hand roller. You can then adjust to speed using that roller.

Yes, Lane Departure Protection is the official name of what we often refer to Lane Keep Assist.

This is all covered in the manual, pages 96-101. Lucid Air Manual

The photos below are, respectfully, the activation button, the roller, and the display when active.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back