Pilot Panel Problem

Car Guy

Cars
Air Grand Touring Range
This is the second time its failed. It failed on Sunday, I called Service. It took them until Tuesday to respond. I drove the car the 50 miles to the service center. They reset the Pilot Panel and sent me home. Two days later it failed again leaving me without climate controls, nav, or any of the functions found on the panel. Car is underivable except for short trips. I'm close to invoking the Lemon Law. I'm beyond disappointed, love this car when its working, but its my only car and it can't be relied on. I'm having to cancel my Holiday trip (1500 miles).

Very sorry to hear about this, I hope they make it right. Was there any talk of replacing the pilot panel rather than a reset? I'm curious as mine was delivered with a scratch and wondering how big a deal it is to replace.

Very sorry to hear about this, I hope they make it right. Was there any talk of replacing the pilot panel rather than a reset? I'm curious as mine was delivered with a scratch and wondering how big a deal it is to replace.
The are running diagnostics on my car. Waiting to hear the outcome. They did mention replacing the Pilot panel.

Did this start happening after the most recent update? What software version are you on?

This just happened to me for the first time and it was in this state after the 2.0.36 update.

My last update was 2.0.33 before it started happening.

The 2.0.45 update popped up in my Lucid app. I decided to apply it, and that fixed my frozen pilot panel. All back to normal now.
Great! I’ll mark this thread resolved.

Had a ery similar issue beginning yesterday- Pilot Panel was blank. Car drove fine, but not having heat controls was annoying. This morning ,went out to the car to see if it had changed overnight, but no joy. Weirdly- the app showed "vehicle offline' which was problematic, to say the least. .Also saw the icon that the 2.0.45 was ready to be installed. Did that, restarted the car, and pilot panel is working again. Service center guy explained in extremely dense detail about how the updates work, but the upshot was that as part of the process, all of the internal modules that are affected by the update are restarted, and that might be what kicked things back in line. Fingers crossed....

The 2.0.45 update popped up in my Lucid app. I decided to apply it, and that fixed my frozen pilot panel. All back to normal now.
My pilot panel was fixed by Service after installing 2.0.35. Hope the fix is permanent and that I can continue to enjoy my car, though I did decide to fly rather than drive the 1,500 miles after two bouts of pilot panel failure. It will take me awhile to feel confident in this car.

My pilot panel was fixed by Service after installing 2.0.35. Hope the fix is permanent and that I can continue to enjoy my car, though I did decide to fly rather than drive the 1,500 miles after two bouts of pilot panel failure. It will take me awhile to feel confident in this car.
Did they give you a new one?

Just out of curiosity, would the NAV work on the cockpit display? Did the temp and fan buttons work on the dash? Obviously it sucks the panel failed and I hope it’s fixed!

No I was not given a new pilot panel, the fixes were all on the software side, no hardware changes.
Got it. Please let us know how it goes after you get some time to test!

Just out of curiosity, would the NAV work on the cockpit display? Did the temp and fan buttons work on the dash? Obviously it sucks the panel failed and I hope it’s fixed!
For me, the retractable pilot panel and panel above that were frozen.
The temp and fan buttons still worked. I could still heat the car, but I could not toggle the AC on and off.
The cockpit panel (in front of the steering wheel) worked.
The quick access buttons on the far left worked.
ACC and Highway Assist still worked.
Collision alert worked (yeah I got a bit too close to a car).
Back seat climate controls worked.
Car was still 100% drivable.

Music would not work
Nav would not work
Alexa would not work
Pilot panel would not retract
Homelink did not work (had to either get out of my car to open and close garage, or use my remote garage opener)
Access to any options/configurations was unavailable

I believe I'm having this same problem as of today. Drove the car Sunday fine. There hasn't been an OTA since then. But this afternoon the pilot panel is blank and the panel above that (top-right, media, nav, etc.) is frozen. No profiles show or load.

Waiting to hear from Service.

try the various reset procedures.

I did the turn signal reset procedure before calling Customer Care. Then I did the Valet reset procedure as instructed by Customer Care. Did it twice even. Then I tried the turn signal reset procedure again.

Back