Navigation on pilot panel

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
This is a weird question and I apologize if it was discussed previously. I searched but couldn't find it.

When selecting the Nav icon on the cockpit display, why does the nav sometimes load on the pilot panel and other times only load on the cockpit display?

I get both as well. Maybe more detail user experience will be helpful for other to see if they have the user experience.
Sometimes when I press the nav icon on the top display, the navigation loads on both the top display and the pilot panel. Other times when I press the navigation icon on the top display, the navigation only loads on the top display and the pilot panel continues to display whatever was displaying initially. And I have not been able to determine why this might be occurring. But from your responses, maybe it's just an issue with my car

I think it may depend on what was previously on your pilot panel? I'll have a play with it next time I'm in the car to test the hypothesis.

Simple 'swipe down' to bring Nav onto the big screen though :)

I think it may depend on what was previously on your pilot panel? I'll have a play with it next time I'm in the car to test the hypothesis.

💯 On the swipe. But the reason for the post and question is that I actually want to know how to *prevent* it from going on the pilot panel if possible. I prefer it only on the top display. When it does show up on the pilot panel, I swipe it away.

You might be onto something with your guess that it has something to do with what is being displayed on the pilot panel though. I'll check it out too

I've messed around with it but can't find the difference. You?

The first time you press nav it displays on pilot panel always. If you flick the nav up on the pilot panel it will subsequently remember that state. So if you go to music for example and back to nav, nav will not conceal the pilot panel. This is per “app” so the first time you open music it will also conceal the pilot panel even though you have already removed nav from the pilot panel for example.

The first time you press nav it displays on pilot panel always. If you flick the nav up on the pilot panel it will subsequently remember that state. So if you go to music for example and back to nav, nav will not conceal the pilot panel. This is per “app” so the first time you open music it will also conceal the pilot panel even though you have already removed nav from the pilot panel for example.
I'm not sure that encompasses all of what I'm experiencing. Because I always swipe away the nav from the pilot panel when it shows up there. But it always comes back at some point on the pilot panel. It might be the next day, but it still comes back.
I thought it might have something to do with traveling at a certain speed. But I haven't found that speed yet LOL

I'm not sure that encompasses all of what I'm experiencing. Because I always swipe away the nav from the pilot panel when it shows up there. But it always comes back at some point on the pilot panel. It might be the next day, but it still comes back.
I thought it might have something to do with traveling at a certain speed. But I haven't found that speed yet LOL
Yes it only remembers the state during the drive. Exit the car and you will need to flick it up again.

Yes it only remembers the state during the drive. Exit the car and you will need to flick it up again.
Okay I'll test that and let you know. Thank you. I feel like it doesn't always show up on the PP first time I press Nav each day. But I might have missed that connection

I don't know if you looked into it. But this AM for my first drive, when I tapped the nav, it only came up on the top display. I give up I can't figure it out

I don't know if you looked into it. But this AM for my first drive, when I tapped the nav, it only came up on the top display. I give up I can't figure it out
When you select Nav on top cockpit panel you get the Nav. on top. Then on Pilot Panel swipe down to get the Nav. on the Pilot Panel. There is a Marker on top of Pilot panel on where to swipe. Anytime you change the pilot Panel ie to HVAC you have to swipe down again to get the Nav.

When you select Nav on top cockpit panel you get the Nav. on top. Then on Pilot Panel swipe down to get the Nav. on the Pilot Panel. There is a Marker on top of Pilot panel on where to swipe. Anytime you change the pilot Panel ie to HVAC you have to swipe down again to get the Nav.
Yes I understand. But sometimes when I tap the nav button, the nav displays on both screens and sometimes it only displays on the top screen. I'm trying to figure out what causes the difference. I'd like to avoid having it automatically display on the pilot panel if possible. I only want it on the top screen usually. I can easily swipe down if I want it on the pilot panel too.

Yes I understand. But sometimes when I tap the nav button, the nav displays on both screens and sometimes it only displays on the top screen. I'm trying to figure out what causes the difference. I'd like to avoid having it automatically display on the pilot panel if possible. I only want it on the top screen usually. I can easily swipe down if I want it on the pilot panel too.
The lower pilot panel screen stays on your last selection. If you have the tap the top screen to nav, the lower screen will be on the last screen you selected. It would be nav if that was the last thing you did.

The lower pilot panel screen stays on your last selection. If you have the tap the top screen to nav, the lower screen will be on the last screen you selected. It would be nav if that was the last thing you did.
Not in my car. That's what prompted the post and discussion. It appears to be inconsistent. If there's a specific trigger that makes it show up on the pilot panel, I haven't figured it out

Back