Pictures of wheels without aero covers/inserts?

Ok, so we have the 20's, 21's - someone please post the naked 19's !!
E442933B-EDA3-4270-8543-ADC66308BF69.jpeg

I found those inserts look very cool in motion. It look almost kind of hypnotic. 🛞 🛞
Starting pretty good dialogue with my DA. Looks like Lucid will fly me to Phoenix from Tucson to pick up my GT when it gets here. VIN promise within 2 weeks was not true but hell, I was feeling good for a while. I also had requested the 19-inch wheel mod mentioned in this forum and received this reply:
"As for your 19” Aero Range wheels. The Lucid badge and black lug nut covers can only be found on our 21” wheels. If you wanted to purchase one of those packs, I would be more than happy to investigate what the pricing of that may be for you."
So, I will reiterate that request and make sure they also put my aero covers in frunk after removal.

My DA emailed again and said he expected my VIN within a "few weeks" and delivery soon after. He thinks before Christmas so maybe I can get the tax credit in. He did say they have a "Fly & Drive" program where they will pay to fly me to Scottsdale (from Tucson...????) and give me the red-carpet treatment at the delivery center.
This is the same DA that told me 22 days ago that I would have a VIN within two weeks. I am only hoping for delivery by Christmas. I changed from Cosmos and 20-inch wheels to QG & 19-inch wheels to get the GT earlier but, alas, not looking so great.
He did verify they would install the 19-inch wheel mod as requested and put the original items in the frunk for me. I am keeping my Tesla but sold my Highlander Hybrid so will either go with a "Tesla Tap" for some charging and use EA chargers mostly for the first 3 years. I do plan to look at Genesis G80 or Gravity when available. Just a note, not to be a Tesla fanboy but the last FSD software update was super good. I am getting spoiled with it so will have to be patience with Lucid for a while.

Was hoping to see if anyone has pictures of the various wheels without the aero inserts? mainly trying to find them for the 19s/20s specifically but also curious what the other options look like without the covers/inserts
So how hard is it to put on or take off the aero covers?
Do you need to take off wheel and tire or can you pry off with screwdriver and tap back on with rubber hammer like I did hub caps on 1973 super beetle?

Took mine out. I wished I had done the day the car arrived as they do scratch the wheels after a few hundred miles. Went from 3.2 to 3.1 mi/kWh. Not noticeable on a long trip.
Do you have the 21" wheels? I have the 21" Aero Blade wheels .. Trying to figure out if I should remove the inserts on mine .. which should be back to me in a week.
Thanks.

btw, do you have before and after photos to share?

So how hard is it to put on or take off the aero covers?
Do you need to take off wheel and tire or can you pry off with screwdriver and tap back on with rubber hammer like I did hub caps on 1973 super beetle?
Trivial. They’re on clips.

The Sapphire will have a center lug to rotate, but it can be done by hand.

Do you have the 21" wheels? I have the 21" Aero Blade wheels .. Trying to figure out if I should remove the inserts on mine .. which should be back to me in a week.
Thanks.

btw, do you have before and after photos to share?
Aero blades don't have inserts - they're solid wheels

Aero blades don't have inserts - they're solid wheels
Thanks .. funny thing .. I had my Air delivered the other day and had to send it back to a service center (a bit of a story there), but did take photos of the delivery. Looking back on the photos today, I realized that even though I ordered 21" Aero Blades, the car was equipped w/ 19" Aero Range wheels .. Will make sure that the correct wheels are on when it comes back.

Took mine out. I wished I had done the day the car arrived as they do scratch the wheels after a few hundred miles. Went from 3.2 to 3.1 mi/kWh. Not noticeable on a long trip.
Indeed, IF you are interested in taking out aero covers, and you have yet to have the car delivered, I'd ask them to do it before they deliver the car so you won't have the scratches (or they'll fix it). Now maybe they've improved the clips since the DE 21" wheels

I’m going to take mine out. I like the look much better. Do they just pop off or is there a trick?

I’m going to take mine out. I like the look much better. Do they just pop off or is there a trick?
Pop off but be warned there might be a lot of scratches if you haven't taken them off yet

I had requested my DA insure they be removed and the silver hub cover/black lug covers be applied prior to delivery. Also mentioned it to Alex at Short Hills. Was told it was a "Service Issue" and would be handled "after delivery". Service is coming out tomorrow to handle that and several other small issues (driver's door latch fail x1 day, misaligned left rear quarter panel, loose plastic liner under frunk lid, led light strip on passenger door not illuminating.) I'm hoping the 425+ miles I put on the vehicle didn't cause any scratching. I believe this is not as big an issue with the 19" wheels.

As a few others have mentioned, on the DE21" wheels when you pop out the aero inserts, you may find that the places the clips held the inserts in place have irreparably scratched the wheels. Have your Lucid service do it for you so that if it does scratch they'll replace the wheels. Its a known issue that does not happen all the time.

As a few others have mentioned, on the DE21" wheels when you pop out the aero inserts, you may find that the places the clips held the inserts in place have irreparably scratched the wheels. Have your Lucid service do it for you so that if it does scratch they'll replace the wheels. Its a known issue that does not happen all the time.
To be clear, it isn’t the removing of the inserts that scratches the wheels. It’s a design flaw where with the inserts in place they loosen slightly over time and let grit/dirt in, which then ends up scratching the wheels. Removing and replacing the inserts does not, on its own, scratch the rims.

To be clear, it isn’t the removing of the inserts that scratches the wheels. It’s a design flaw where with the inserts in place they loosen slightly over time and let grit/dirt in, which then ends up scratching the wheels. Removing and replacing the inserts does not, on its own, scratch the rims.
Thanx for that clarification ;)

Thanks to Mkatz for the Sept 18 post with pic of 19 inch wheels.
The black lug nuts and "lucid" center cap have to be ordered or are they just there if you remove aero cover?

Back