Phone charging pad.

DougB

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring Air Rawl
Is it true that only the driver's side phone charging pad works. Why provide two slots if the passenger side doesn't work? I guess my wife will just use a cable to charge her phone.

Is it true that only the driver's side phone charging pad works. Why provide two slots if the passenger side doesn't work? I guess my wife will just use a cable to charge her phone.
Yes and no one here has any idea. I've been looking for an aftermarket pad to put behind the pilot panel but can't find anything that fits nicely

I'm still learning about all the stuff and how it all works; a novice that will probably need help from more experienced car techies. It took me a while to figure out my wife's 2019 Plug-in Prius Prime. Just sold my tried and true 2003 Camry, V6, XLE and got the Lucid. So far, I love it.

My driver side doesn’t work. Even with my case off or the wife’s iPhone no go for either. Lucid is coming out to fix a piece of trim and a non presenting door handle

Yes that’s true, and the one that does charge is tight and will only fit phones with the thinnest of cases or no case at all.

Along with above, I gave up on it as does not fit an iPhone 13 Pro Max. While small overall, it is surprising that no one tested large current phones at the time or that the trim can be changed to accommodate phones with cases.

This was a big miss for me. I have the larger iPhone Max with a case and even with the case off the wireless charging pad doesn't work. My wife has the smaller iphone and with her case off it works but you need to make sure the contact is at a perfect angle.

This was a big miss for me. I have the larger iPhone Max with a case and even with the case off the wireless charging pad doesn't work. My wife has the smaller iphone and with her case off it works but you need to make sure the contact is at a perfect angle.
Just to be sure, are you pushing it all the way in? It takes a bit of a shove but mine works fine with the case.

Yea mine works fine with the case as well. (iPhone 13 max). I understand why they added those air filled balls to secure the phone in place, but it requires too much effort for most to get their phone down there all the way.

The charging is there, however the slots are too thin to accommodate phone with casing. They may need to get their service guys to go to every owner and change the trim to fit all the phone. Being a Wrangler owner, those kind of stuffs are easily swapped out by Mopar aftermarket parts with YouTube tutorial. In case of Lucid luxury, they best to have service guy come out to swap out fitting trim.

Just to be sure, are you pushing it all the way in? It takes a bit of a shove but mine works fine with the case.
Yep, push, pull, turn. In case, out of case, everything. Now I do have an otterbox case, but it is the thinnest one they make. Problem is that its never worked for me even with the phone out of the case.

I found out from the technician that the bigger iPhones if you put them upside down with out the case they charge in the slot. Works but bad design.

Last edited:
This sounds like the number one third-party aftermarket product opportunity for some young company to take on. I’d do it myself, if I were dumb enough to get into shipping hardware in this economic environment.

No we all just have to resort or being Neanderthals and plugging our phones in. LUCID has turned us into uncultured and uncouth savages

Yep, push, pull, turn. In case, out of case, everything. Now I do have an otterbox case, but it is the thinnest one they make. Problem is that its never worked for me even with the phone out of the case.
Talk to service and they’ll fix it. Mine has no issues once I push it down, even in the case. It just “hurts” my brain to have to push that hard.

I agree it’s poor design, but it does work!

Back