Philly area

Let's see ... I've been going to this mall since 1971 but I can not explain how to get there from the King of Prussia toll booths. There aere an impossible number of choices and they are all the wrong one. Thing is you could throw a key fob and hit the building from the place where you miss the ramp to get to it...it's literally the closest thing to the turnpike.

If you can get to Gulf Road that will get you to Mall Blvd....then you just drive around the mall until you see J. Alexander's Restaurant and the driveway is along the side and goes behind. Else just google directions to the Costco and drive behind it. Once you are on Rt. 202 it will all make sense. No it won't....it's a terrible place.

Crown Plaza King of Prussia, PA mall

on the map i'm looking at, ^ above the building is called " SPIRIT HALLOWEEN and Covid-19 Vaccination Site" (you will have to zoom in ... look for mall blvd and HYATT and COSTCO.
It's between the HYATT and COSTCO pinned up against the turnpike. The driveway is off of Mall boulevard right next to J. Alexander's Restaurant. Nothing much has happened the last few months. I was told it's a year away.

My car's Virginia vacation:

I had been having 12v system faults and drive system faults and break system faults all kinds of fun and scary warnings and lights with the car dead it the middle of the road ...but the car got me home after resets, and then seemed OK so I kept driving and then Andy (our local Mobile Care expert) said, "Cut it out." So I let them trailer it to the Lucid experts at Dorn's in (not making this up) Mechanicsville, VA.
They diagnosed a faulty 12v system control module and replaced it and it was back home in a couple of days.

Both my service incidents were diagnosed by connecting a laptop, and fixed by replacing faulty control modules. I have never had a "software issue" or a mechanical issue (build 9/22). Everyone I have encountered has been wonderful. This is a nice group of folks.

So don't waste you trip now I will keep us updated. There is a Tesla showroom in the mall but it's crappy and they did not even have a car to look at last time I walked by. Also, new to me, there is a whole row of stores where you can buy $40,000 shoes and purses. Gobsmacked. I knew it when it was a limestone quarry.
That's usually how I come off the turnpike to get to the mall via Gulf Road. I have a general idea of where it is now. Thanks!

Glad to hear your car was treated so well. I’ve had my first contact with our area’s Lucid service due to what sounds like a fan blade rubbing on something during charging.

Service person on the phone was very nice and we scheduled a mobile visit for next week.

Glad to hear your car was treated so well. I’ve had my first contact with our area’s Lucid service due to what sounds like a fan blade rubbing on something during charging.

Service person on the phone was very nice and we scheduled a mobile visit for next week.
Was this level 2 charging or DC fast charging?

14-50 outlet in my garage. Haven’t actually tried fast charging yet in the few days I’ve had the car…

14-50 outlet in my garage. Haven’t actually tried fast charging yet in the few days I’ve had the car…
I would not expect very much cooling is needed for level 2 this time of year so it is a bit surprising. Let us know what the mobile tech finds.

I would not expect very much cooling is needed for level 2 this time of year so it is a bit surprising. Let us know what the mobile tech finds.
My garage is fairly temperate even on cold evenings in Philly. He speculated that it might be a partly detached label or some such. Car has no error messages. Will report back regardless.

quiet in the city tonight: Strawbridges on 8th + Market: The City of Brotherly Love
hdusgx7lwqha1.jpg

Last edited:
It was a label on a wiring harness rubbing on the fan. Tech secured the label elsewhere on the harness and noise fixed.

It was a label on a wiring harness rubbing on the fan. Tech secured the label elsewhere on the harness and noise fixed.
Would you be kind enough to post the original symptoms and solution in the service subforum? This could be useful for others experiencing the same problem.

For those seeking directions to Lucid Service Center in King of Prussia, PA
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.092283,-75.3924089,17z

to the right of the Hyatt House and Melting Pot, right up against the turnpike.... to the left of (behind) the Costco.
that grey square with no name = LUCID SERVICE CENTER
the entrance to the driveway is off of Mall Blvd.
It will be another year to rehab the building ... it's just a shell now, but the sign is up.

The large grey square to the right of the Hyatt House, right up against the turnpike. It's behind the Costco.
See ya at the grand opening! I'm gonna crash it whether I get an invitation or not! 🤪 🤪 🤪 😂 😂

On another note, you should try to put together a Philly/South Central PA/Jersey meet up later this Spring. There's gotta be a road for us somewhere around here to meet up and take our cars for a spin.

That's a good idea Rocco. Looking forward to seeing my first "in the wild" Lucid owner.
dd132b22b4ff669657b598791217d619.jpg

wild and crazy guys.

Used to work at the Holy Donut and will be over in the area later in March for lunch with former colleagues. Will check it out. Even though this is 70 miles from Freehold, it is still closer and more convenient/familiar than Long Island and NY centers. Still waiting on Pure notification and VIN.

Off the Tpke, take first right after toll booth; right on N Gulph, right again on Goddard at CHOPS; left on Mall Blvd past Crowne Plaza and its on the left before Wills or do I turn left on Wills to access it?

Used to work at the Holy Donut and will be over in the area later in March for lunch with former colleagues. Will check it out. Even though this is 70 miles from Freehold, it is still closer and more convenient/familiar than Long Island and NY centers. Still waiting on Pure notification and VIN.
Are you in Freehold? I'm next door in Manalapan.

See ya at the grand opening! I'm gonna crash it whether I get an invitation or not! 🤪 🤪 🤪 😂 😂

On another note, you should try to put together a Philly/South Central PA/Jersey meet up later this Spring. There's gotta be a road for us somewhere around here to meet up and take our cars for a spin.
You all should drive up River Road along the Delaware in Bucks County, say New Hope to Riegelsville. I always enjoyed the drive north from New Hope (grew up in the general area).

Are you in Freehold? I'm next door in Manalapan.
I was just down at Marlboro this morning showing off the lucid to a friend. Then I headed up to Walmart on 18 in New Brunswick for first full charge. 27%-80% in 35 minutes. 350 kW charger maxed at 138 kW but didn't stay there long. Mostly under 100kW - often "Charging power limited by station".

I was just down at Marlboro this morning showing off the lucid to a friend. Then I headed up to Walmart on 18 in New Brunswick for first full charge. 27%-80% in 35 minutes. 350 kW charger maxed at 138 kW but didn't stay there long. Mostly under 100kW - often "Charging power limited by station".
That's a bummer about those chargers. The Walmart chargers you referenced and the Freehold mall chargers are the only 2 EA stations in my area. The freehold mall has 4 150kw chargers and the only time I charged there it was power limited by station at 89 kw. Haven't tried the East Brunswick chargers yet with the 350kw capacity. I did try a 350kw EVgo station in Middletown and maxed out at 49kw. I reported it to EVgo and per their response, they are "currently aware of the power dispensing issues at this station and are working to fix them."

Anyway, when's the NJ Lucid meetup?

to the right of the Hyatt House and Melting Pot, right up against the turnpike.... to the left of (behind) the Costco.
that grey square with no name = LUCID SERVICE CENTER
the entrance to the driveway is off of Mall Blvd.
It will be another year to rehab the building ... it's just a shell now, but the sign is up.
Do we know the ETA for opening? I know the short hills people said it was in Spring. I am in Central NJ and would love to meet the owners as well ;)

Back