Philly area

Cosmo Cruz

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
2022 Air GT: Cos/Cruz
DE Number
Saw first Lucid in the wild locally: 17JUL22 Germantown Ave., headed East, after noon, near Joshua : White.
Wow they look so great in real life.
Wife and I returning from Friends Meeting, talking about Dalessandro's line (four dozen people waiting in the blazing sun for the best steaks in Philly), while two steak shops, literally steps away, are empty.
1658147411360.png

I spotted (white lucid) comming towards me through the traffic: distinctive front end tips a knowing observer. Wife saw it too and knew it. We both remarked how well they "blend" into traffic, and yet are so distinctive once you really look. I love this. It's why I opted out of the red and chose the silver, so as not to draw attention. The white looks fantastic though. How long ? ??
So Hello to tangerine dreams and marmalade skies right here in River City. Expecting to join you in *.*Q (why is everythng "Q" with these people? It's Quantum time: can tell you when but not where, can tell you where but not when)

We were in Philly a few months ago as part of our anniversary travels. Of course we had to go to south Philly for cheese steaks! Unfortunately my car was still 6 weeks out so had to take the Range Rover. Took a pic of a wildly politically incorrect restaurant sign but hey it’s south Philly. Also had some nice meals around Rittenhouse square

Attachments

• 77D49138-3618-410C-8A90-470E11785034.jpeg
    77D49138-3618-410C-8A90-470E11785034.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 128
We were in Philly a few months ago as part of our anniversary travels. Of course we had to go to south Philly for cheese steaks! Unfortunately my car was still 6 weeks out so had to take the Range Rover. Took a pic of a wildly politically incorrect restaurant sign but hey it’s south Philly. Also had some nice meals around Rittenhouse square
Best late-nite pizza in town, sign not withstanding.

Ok here is the question for a Philly guy, Jim’s, Pats or Gino’s?
None of the above. Although I do like Jim's every now and then.

John's Roast Pork on Snyder Ave. Tony Luke's is also good. Or Sonny's on Market Street.

John's Roast Pork on Snyder Ave. Tony Luke's is also good. Or Sonny's on Market Street.
Trick question! We are only considering cheesesteak.

Trick question! We are only considering cheesesteak.
Yes. And John‘s Roast Pork has my favorite cheesesteak.

I could go with Dalessandro's, if only because it hasn't changed in 1,000 years and faithfully captures the Philly working class vibe. Plus I love people watching while waiting at the always crowded counter.

John's just burned down. Just happened. He's going to rebuild. Ask any local they will point you to John's or Dalessandro's, or the Reading Terminal, or any number of spots all over the city and 'burbs, but please, please, please, stay away from Pat's/Gino's. That is New York...not philly.

Please don't be a Tourist and got to Pat's/Geno's. Those are not Philly steaks = they are specifically made for tourists...you are getting a New York turdsteak.

Almost ANY OTHER place in the Philly 'burbs will make you a better steak. I've been patronizing Dalessandro's going on 5 decades. When I saw this post I drove there and ordered a cheesesteak hoagie. Waited in line about an hour. Worth it. Still the same. Hungarian Yellow Wax chillies on mine please! Goodness sakes that's 8000 calories.

I don't recommend a Philly steak sandwich though. Go to the Redding Terminal or the Italian Market and see what the local farmers have. This is what Philly residents do. We can recommend a steak sandwich, but we generally don't ... Like, we don't recommend scrapple, or democracy, two more things for which Philly is infamous. It's like Chicago has a thing about pizza so the tourists have to try it, but it's terrible. Do Chicagoans eat deep dish? I don't think so. I'm sure there is a place where you can get a Chicago pizza that represents the style, but if the style sucks, should you be recommending it?

Correction to my initial post: I keep getting Ridge Ave and Germantown Ave mixed up. They run parallel just a few hundred meters apart so I'm never sure which one I'm on.
Obviously it was on Ridge ave that I saw the Lucid headed towards Philly.

John's just burned down. Just happened. He's going to rebuild.

Correction: OK it wasn't John's Roast Pork that burned down, it was Jim's Steaks .... Jim is going to rebuild. I"m going to stop posting now...everything I say is wrong.

Ok here is the question for a Philly guy, Jim’s, Pats or Gino’s?
There is nothing wrong with Jim’s. Nobody from Philly eats at Gino’s and/or Pats, for good reason too.

Please don't be a Tourist and got to Pat's/Geno's. Those are not Philly steaks = they are specifically made for tourists...you are getting a New York turdsteak.
As a former NYC resident, Pat's/Genos are bad by NY standards too...do they have some some sort of NY affiliation?

Not that I am aware. It was a cheap shot. The Mets are killing us.

I once stopped for lunch in Connetticutt and saw "philladelphia steak sandwich" on the menu.

white bread
T-BONE
white bread

Yes, with the bone.
No, I did not even pick it up, I just left it on the counter
and went back to my car and drove straight to New Hampshire.

Why do we even allow Connetticutt?

Update for PA folk. I've decided to try and get my car (not here, no delivery date) drop-shipped to Gabe's shop in Pottstown, PA, right off 422. Going for the full monte. I know this will add another two weeks... Haven't sorted out how to do this yet. Be nice if the Lucid delivery truck just showed-up at Gabe's with the white shipping wrap still on it. That would be so nice.

Update for PA folk. I've decided to try and get my car (not here, no delivery date) drop-shipped to Gabe's shop in Pottstown, PA, right off 422. Going for the full monte. I know this will add another two weeks... Haven't sorted out how to do this yet. Be nice if the Lucid delivery truck just showed-up at Gabe's with the white shipping wrap still on it. That would be so nice.
What are you looking at, costwise? I live between Pottstown and Reading. I’d be interested to hear your experience with Gabe’s.

You should definitely TALK to Gabe. He's smart and has customer skills. He's also posting here, if you look for the ppf/ceramic/detailing threads. Here is his shop

He offers all kinds of a-la-carte options.

I decided to do whatever necessary to protect my $140k investment. Gabe will be happy to give you a rundown. Even if you decide not to go this way Gabe is cool to chat with.

Since you are so close you should, if you can, meet up with us at his shop when the car arrives. I'd like that.

What are you looking at, costwise? I live between Pottstown and Reading. I’d be interested to hear your experience with Gabe’s.
Give us a call tomorrow and we can chat about what you're thinking.
You should definitely TALK to Gabe. He's smart and has customer skills. He's also posting here, if you look for the ppf/ceramic/detailing threads. Here is his shop

He offers all kinds of a-la-carte options.

I decided to do whatever necessary to protect my $140k investment. Gabe will be happy to give you a rundown. Even if you decide not to go this way Gabe is cool to chat with.

Since you are so close you should, if you can, meet up with us at his shop when the car arrives. I'd like that.
You're a gentleman & a scholar.

Back