Philly area

Do we know the ETA for opening? I know the short hills people said it was in Spring. I am in Central NJ and would love to meet the owners as well ;)
The Lucid website is saying this Fall, so I would say Spring 2024 is correct.

I am quite close and pass that way often, so I will let everyone who visits here know the progress.
It would be fun to do a leaf-peeping trip this fall = take full advantage of that amazing roof.

The Lucid website is saying this Fall, so I would say Spring 2024 is correct. 😂

I am quite close and pass that way often, so I will let everyone who visits here know the progress.
It would be fun to do a leaf-peeping trip this fall = take full advantage of that amazing roof.

Went to the King of Prussia Ultra (350) chargers next to Buckmans and thought I should check on the new Lucid showroom / service center on the opposite side of the Mall. No progress, but a half-dozen laborers were there sitting around doing nothing. They have gutted the former Toys R Us -- started working on the fascia and ripped out the front glass... I guess I was expecting them to have started on the heavy stuff like the lifts, etc... nope. There is absolutely nothing in the space = just a huge, empty warehouse.

I wonder ... are they going to open with a Sapphire on display ??

ps the EA Ultra 350 chargers worked as expected. I was a bit over 50% SOC and pulled ~ 120kW ... went to 80% in ~ 25 min.

Went to the King of Prussia Ultra (350) chargers next to Buckmans and thought I should check on the new Lucid showroom / service center on the opposite side of the Mall. No progress, but a half-dozen laborers were there sitting around doing nothing. They have gutted the former Toys R Us -- started working on the fascia and ripped out the front glass... I guess I was expecting them to have started on the heavy stuff like the lifts, etc... nope. There is absolutely nothing in the space = just a huge, empty warehouse.

I wonder ... are they going to open with a Sapphire on display ??

ps the EA Ultra 350 chargers worked as expected. I was a bit over 50% SOC and pulled ~ 120kW ... went to 80% in ~ 25 min.
They're still on track according to what I was told. It's one of the reasons why Lucid was in Harrisburg 2 weeks ago. They're also lobbying hard for a license exemption to open a showroom to sell cars on the site. I'll keep you updated if/when I hear more.

Quantum Grey / Tahoe sighting: 22 May 23 on East River Drive near Hunting Park Ave. exit. Sunday afternoon.

Came up behind and couldn't believe my eyes. This road, called Kelly Drive by nobody
d95a8baebc306d67fa6c132dbac3940c.png
it's not named after this Kelly, even though she grew up in a house right next to the place.

( because it is a drive on the East side of the Schuylkill, as opposed to the drive on the West side of the Schuylkill, called West River Drive ??? no, it's called MLK drive, because he has nothing to do with Philly or the SchuylKill; and that's the way Philly names it's streets. Like, Colombus Drive ( Never made it to the mainland, let alone met the Delaware tribes), on the Delaware river waterfront: and Lincoln Drive (named after the penny...OK, we do have a mint), which follows the Wissihickon river up a gorge. Philly does not want strangers to know where they are. I'm surprised they haven't renamed Philly: "Rockytown", because we all hate that guy, who has nothing to do with Philly.)
u50vblzo6p251.jpg
the rocky statue in Philly: seig heil !

It was difficult to stay with another Lucid side-by-side because the E. River Drive is not wide enough for two Lucids side-by-side (it's really a 3 lane road with 4 lanes of traffic, speed limit 25; actual speed 50. The Lucid is very wide. The road winds up the river but in places they did not hack away the Wissahickon schist so you have to lean over the lane line to avoid it.
7342943160_880dfc83fd.jpg
it never looks like this. add bumper-to-bumer both directions plus dogs, bikes, pedestrians, and 8-man shells headed to Boathouse row.
scull3-800w.jpg
You see these a lot on race days.... driving on the E. River Drive ! The Horror!

I couldn't look at him and stay in the lane...a busy Sunday afternoon and the Park was full of people and cars. A few miles later up on the Henry got first notice and compliment from a civilian. Looks like my cover is blown (I ordered Cosmic Silver so as to "blend" with the boring cars; up til now it has worked!)

I'll tell you it was strange to meet another Lucid on the East River drive because that was my "joke" rally in philly route. We'd do the SureKill Distressway into the city then take the E. river drive back out and hit Lincoln drive up the gorge. Two Lucids side by side would make the Guinness book...they are all "4 lane" roads but so narrow and treacherous no one in their right mind would attempt it. Only a local would get my "joke" rally. I've done the route in my Lucid but won't attempt it again. The car is just too wide for Philadelphia.

Quantum Grey / Tahoe sighting: 22 May 23 on East River Drive near Hunting Park Ave. exit. Sunday afternoon.

Came up behind and couldn't believe my eyes. This road, called Kelly Drive by nobody
d95a8baebc306d67fa6c132dbac3940c.png
it's not named after this Kelly, even though she grew up in a house right next to the place.

( because it is a drive on the East side of the Schuylkill, as opposed to the drive on the West side of the Schuylkill, called West River Drive ??? no, it's called MLK drive, because he has nothing to do with Philly or the SchuylKill; and that's the way Philly names it's streets. Like, Colombus Drive ( Never made it to the mainland, let alone met the Delaware tribes), on the Delaware river waterfront: and Lincoln Drive (named after the penny...OK, we do have a mint), which follows the Wissihickon river up a gorge. Philly does not want strangers to know where they are. I'm surprised they haven't renamed Philly: "Rockytown", because we all hate that guy, who has nothing to do with Philly.)
u50vblzo6p251.jpg
the rocky statue in Philly: seig heil !

It was difficult to stay with another Lucid side-by-side because the E. River Drive is not wide enough for two Lucids side-by-side (it's really a 3 lane road with 4 lanes of traffic, speed limit 25; actual speed 50. The Lucid is very wide. The road winds up the river but in places they did not hack away the Wissahickon schist so you have to lean over the lane line to avoid it.
7342943160_880dfc83fd.jpg
it never looks like this. add bumper-to-bumer both directions plus dogs, bikes, pedestrians, and 8-man shells headed to Boathouse row.
scull3-800w.jpg
You see these a lot on race days.... driving on the E. River Drive ! The Horror!

I couldn't look at him and stay in the lane...a busy Sunday afternoon and the Park was full of people and cars. A few miles later up on the Henry got first notice and compliment from a civilian. Looks like my cover is blown (I ordered Cosmic Silver so as to "blend" with the boring cars; up til now it has worked!)

I'll tell you it was strange to meet another Lucid on the East River drive because that was my "joke" rally in philly route. We'd do the SureKill Distressway into the city then take the E. river drive back out and hit Lincoln drive up the gorge. Two Lucids side by side would make the Guinness book...they are all "4 lane" roads but so narrow and treacherous no one in their right mind would attempt it. Only a local would get my "joke" rally. I've done the route in my Lucid but won't attempt it again. The car is just too wide for Philadelphia.
“Too wide for Philadelphia” is not a slogan I ever expected to read. Given the love of cheese and red meat.

Took a ride out to King of Prussia today to check on the Lucid Service center. They've painted the entire building in tasteful gray, and removed the LUCID sign. There were a couple of vested workers hanging around doing nothing. Inside is still gutted.
PXL_20230628_163707962.jpg
PXL_20230628_163807129.jpg

Then I drove around to the other side of the mall to check out the bank of EA Ultra chargers. Two guys were working on them so I got a chance to see what's inside the cabinets.
PXL_20230628_165058559.jpg
PXL_20230628_165131169.jpg

I'll show you where these are. The view 180 degrees
PXL_20230628_165112924.jpg
PXL_20230628_165118032.jpg

Yes, you with sharp eyes can spot the Dream Edition (NJ plates). It's dead center, gold paint.
Since I was down to 45% charge and a bay was open I connected. Went up to 142kW and then followed the charge curve. No pre-con. Temp 26 degrees. In 25 min. I loaded 175 kW (45% to 80%).

Attachments

• PXL_20230628_165800007.jpg
    PXL_20230628_165800007.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20230628_163807129.jpg
    PXL_20230628_163807129.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20230628_164947385.jpg
    PXL_20230628_164947385.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230628_165131169.jpg
    PXL_20230628_165131169.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
PXL_20230521_194007033.jpg

Last month I found myself next to a gray Lucid. We were on the East River (Schuylkill R.) drive.... aka "Kelly Drive". This is a 25 mph road through "Fairmount Park". On the Left is the Schuylkill, on the Right is Wissahickon schist = a very hard and nasty outcropping that is full of garnets, that sticks out over the road in places because it's too hard to remove. Typically this road is bumper-to-bumper and 50 mph. There is always water on the right side, lots of curves, and schist outcroppings pop out at you every few hundred meters. Alternatively you can travel in the left lane, as we are, and deal with the cars coming at you over the line on every curve. This was Sunday morning (coming home from Quaker Meeting in Old City) and there were no shells in the river so traffic was very light. On the Left side is the "fish river" (Dutch for Schuylkill = so if you say "Schuylkill River" you are saying "Fish River river"...it's full of walkers, runners, fishermen, Canada geese (lots of shit), dogs, cyclists, and statuary... Fairmount Park....one of the largest city parks in the world.

I too look forward to being sighted by Cosmo! We live in Center City, and while I personally am used to city driving, I can understand how some might say the car is a little wide for certain Philly streets. Also, we are moving out to the burbs this summer, so are excited about the KoP center. Tyler from mobile service estimates that the shop will open in December if I recall correctly.

Do we have enough people for a Philly area meet up at some point?

I too look forward to being sighted by Cosmo! We live in Center City, and while I personally am used to city driving, I can understand how some might say the car is a little wide for certain Philly streets. Also, we are moving out to the burbs this summer, so are excited about the KoP center. Tyler from mobile service estimates that the shop will open in December if I recall correctly.

Tyler is my guy too. I made a video of my first Mobile Service appt with him. I hadn't heard December but that tracks honestly.

I bought my set of 21's from a guy living on 5th St. N of Vine. He knows of two or three more near him, and Andy says there are at least 6 in the city. That was in April. I've seen two; one (Stellar) on Germantown Ave. outside Roxy and the Quantum pic'ed above on East River (Kelly) drive. The guy on 5th has the fantastic Zenith Red...first one I've seen. He sold me his 21's because of the city (pardon the expression) "streets". They have been wonderful for me, even though we drive into Old City every First Day for Friends Meeting.

I don't know how we can collect owners locally, as there is no central on-line gathering site....I shun FaceCrook but I know most people don't have a problem having their personal lives scraped by suckerburger. Likely posting there will find the others. Perhaps we can start doing cars n coffee and attract attention. We could park along ave of the arts. We could meet at the Franklin, an appropriate place for a high-tech invention. We could throw eggs at the Rocky statue then escape by driving up the Art Museum steps. We could keep circling Logan Square until the cops shoot at us. Did you know the restaurant in the Barnes is fantastic? Most museum restaurants are much better than you expect = think of the kind of people who support them. I don't know ... haven't lived in Philly for decades. Things change. Parking where we can be seen all together is fraught.
I suppose if the KoP service center ever opens we should meet there....in a year or two. 'cept the place is impossible to find and well-hidden from the general public. Not what we want.
I'm definitely going to this:
Oppenheimer

If you are looking for me, I'm at Philadelphia Monthly Meeting of Friends at 4th and Arch Sts. every Sunday morning. 10:30 to 11:30, and on third Sunday we have pot luck lunch and stay for Meeting for Business well into the afternoon. The Elders don't like it when I attend Meeting for Business so I typically sit in my car in the lot an listen to Tidal or Pod Save Amerika podcasts, or I'm reading in the lobby. I can give you a personal tour of the historic building.

Park on our burial ground securely...look for the horse carriage entry in the brick wall across from the Wyndham hotel on Arch. It's barely wide enough to stuff a Lucid through, and be careful of the 200 y.o. wrought iron gates, they are not always fully open. Don't worry about the numbered spaces (we rent them out weekdays) = we sole this land from the Lenni Lenape and we ain't givin it up. The Betsy Ross house is across the street, Elfrieth's alley, Carpenter's Hall just reopened, and don't miss the Constitution Center, our star attraction. Oh, I forgot, you live here. (Visitors, skip the Liberty Bell, it's boring and broken anyway ... oh, and avoid the cheesesteaks, they are disgusting no matter who makes them).

Join us if you are into silent meditation. We are orthodox (no thee and thou though) but that just means there is no clock in the room. If you go to a Friends Meeting and see a clock, they are Hicksite = they never sit down and shut up. Can you Zazen for an hour? If you get bored in the silence no worries just get up and leave...we are quite casual and accepting, but you may find yourself in a gathered meeting, and that is a supernatural experience worth the waiting. Sometimes the messages come directly from the infinite and hit you right where you live. Sometimes the entire hour passes without a sound. And rarely, ... it seems like you took a cosmic cruse through time and space, and the hour passes in seconds.

I'll be the guy who looks like he shouldn't be there. Dress is casual. We are kinda sorta like the Anabaptist movement: the plain folk. Tis a joy to be simple. (I know what you're thinking ... yes, my Lucid does not fit the profile...plenty of Quakers are assholes; Nixon, for example, but I'd love to see the faces of Friends when they spot a half dozen Lucids in the lot...though they would not know what they are, or care).

Visitors from all over the world come to this Meeting...(and some clearly are not of this world...I have stories). The "main" Meeting is on Cherry St. but those people are weird. We are the cool Meeting. Two Sundays ago we had three visitors, Muslims from Egypt, Syria, and Afghanistan. Religious scholars. Pretty amazing to talk to them over tea at rise of Meeting. This happens frequently because we are next to the hotel and in the very heart of Old City...we get all kinds.
1688748116286.png

1688748168139.png

go thru the center door

*moderators, I hope this is not too political for your website. I tend to go off topic ... sorry.

Last edited:
I’m really surprised by how few Lucids there are in the Philly area. I have a home in Scottsdale AZ where my wife and I spend most of the year and a home in the Philly area where we spend most of the summer and the holidays. In Scottsdale, it’s not unusual to see four Lucids during any given errand run but it was was two months before I saw a Lucid on the east coast (in center city Philly). Why is that? How can Lucid survive without better penetration in the east coast?

They're working on it. And I also think when the King of Prussia studio and service center open up later this year, we'll see a bunch more in the Philly area just by way of them being serviced at KOP. I'm in Harrisburg by the way and KOP will become my local studio and service center.

National Drive Electric Week - Philadelphia Area (Ambler, PA)

Day:Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time:4:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST
Ambler, PA 19002

Anyone in the area planning to attend? I registered yesterday if anyone wants to join me.

Back