Passenger Door Would Not Open

No noise .. just presented and didn't function. Grinding noise certainly sounds mechanical

Reactions: HES
I've just had this happen to me right now, but on my Driver side. Luckily it opens from the inside, so I have to go through the passenger side first. Kind of idiotic look for a $140K car IMO. Service tech who helped me navigate through other major issues a week prior asked me to power cycle. did that, same issues. The mirror and the door handle remain in the "unlocked" position while the rest of the car is locked.

Anyone got any ideas for this? Currently Service Tech is investigating and all I can send him is videos and texts.

I've just had this happen to me right now, but on my Driver side. Luckily it opens from the inside, so I have to go through the passenger side first. Kind of idiotic look for a $140K car IMO. Service tech who helped me navigate through other major issues a week prior asked me to power cycle. did that, same issues. The mirror and the door handle remain in the "unlocked" position while the rest of the car is locked.

Anyone got any ideas for this? Currently Service Tech is investigating and all I can send him is videos and texts.
Did you try pushing the handle in? I've had it get confused on me a couple times when I grab the handle right as it's locking. The handle keeps sticking out, but the door doesn't budge. I push it in, lock the car, then unlock it again and it's back to normal.

Did you try pushing the handle in? I've had it get confused on me a couple times when I grab the handle right as it's locking. The handle keeps sticking out, but the door doesn't budge. I push it in, lock the car, then unlock it again and it's back to normal.

I tried this when you posted, no luck. Door handle would pop right back out and the mirror wouldn’t close in at all as if one were to lock the car. However, after a few hours of non function, I tried to unlock and lock and everything seemed normal. Then, after driving for 20 minutes, the problem occurred again, with door handle popping out and mirror out and unable to get back into the car from the driver side; I’d have to open it from the passenger side. The Tech came out to my work the next day and took apart the entire door, plugged in his laptop into the car, checked all connectors and pins, and was on the phone with Lucid engineering. They came to the conclusion that some moisture must be working its way in somehow so they have to replace the entire innards of the driver door. Service center down in WPB called me to schedule and they are picking the car up on Tuesday. Also, the window controls from the driver side do not function anymore either. I’ve refused to drive the car until they come pick it up and am trying to get them to buy this car back but looks like Sales team is doing the good ole avoidance tactic.

Prior to this handle and mirror issue, the car was at a body shop for two weeks working on several panel gaps, glass replacements, color corrections, motor fan issues, charger port door not functioning when you press it, tail light gaps, etc. Apparently Lucid service and body shop worked together to get it fixed. However, while driving before I found out about the door handle issue, the panel inside the car that connected the two top glasses fell down (right above the driver seat) and I had to pull over. I noticed the body shop left a used rag inside the panel. Mobile tech took care of the trim the next day and said they forgot to put the clips back in after replacing the glass, and probably forgot to remove the rag.

The car was delivered to me with 50 miles on the odometer in 3/16/24. Am I being too picky for a $140K car? Does anyone have a similar case or would you think Lucid should buy this back?

I can share all the pictures and videos if anyone is interested or has gone through a Lemon process, I’m just lost right now and not sure what to do.

Similar issue happened with my rear passenger side door today. The latch presented itself but there was no way to open the door from outside -- or inside. I got in the back through the other door and tried pulling the door-release lever back with all my might. This for me is the most concerning part - what happens in an emergency? This door latch was replaced in Nov at Millbrae for a slightly different issue - there was no problem opening it from inside at that time. A reset seems to have made this issue go away.

On top of this, I already have my *front* passenger side door latch slated for replacement. It makes this machine-gun noise when locking/unlocking the car (not just that door). This has already been brought up on this forum by other owners on this thread and others. Link to the video that was posted by another owner on this forum below. This is exactly what the machine-gun noise sounds like.

I've heard that noise before! Passenger side door. I had service come out and fix the handle, or I guess the latch.

I tried this when you posted, no luck. Door handle would pop right back out and the mirror wouldn’t close in at all as if one were to lock the car. However, after a few hours of non function, I tried to unlock and lock and everything seemed normal. Then, after driving for 20 minutes, the problem occurred again, with door handle popping out and mirror out and unable to get back into the car from the driver side; I’d have to open it from the passenger side. The Tech came out to my work the next day and took apart the entire door, plugged in his laptop into the car, checked all connectors and pins, and was on the phone with Lucid engineering. They came to the conclusion that some moisture must be working its way in somehow so they have to replace the entire innards of the driver door. Service center down in WPB called me to schedule and they are picking the car up on Tuesday. Also, the window controls from the driver side do not function anymore either. I’ve refused to drive the car until they come pick it up and am trying to get them to buy this car back but looks like Sales team is doing the good ole avoidance tactic.

Prior to this handle and mirror issue, the car was at a body shop for two weeks working on several panel gaps, glass replacements, color corrections, motor fan issues, charger port door not functioning when you press it, tail light gaps, etc. Apparently Lucid service and body shop worked together to get it fixed. However, while driving before I found out about the door handle issue, the panel inside the car that connected the two top glasses fell down (right above the driver seat) and I had to pull over. I noticed the body shop left a used rag inside the panel. Mobile tech took care of the trim the next day and said they forgot to put the clips back in after replacing the glass, and probably forgot to remove the rag.

The car was delivered to me with 50 miles on the odometer in 3/16/24. Am I being too picky for a $140K car? Does anyone have a similar case or would you think Lucid should buy this back?

I can share all the pictures and videos if anyone is interested or has gone through a Lemon process, I’m just lost right now and not sure what to do.
Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but your car was at a body shop and they might’ve made an error there… How does that lead you to the thought of the car being a lemon? Just have the pertinent parts replaced and move on.

Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but your car was at a body shop and they might’ve made an error there… How does that lead you to the thought of the car being a lemon? Just have the pertinent parts replaced and move on.

But at what point do you stop replacing parts on a "brand new" car up until you throw your hands up in the air and fight Lucid to either buy back the car or process as a LEMON? List of items replaced, worked on, to be worked on:

Body shop: Top glass, back glass, charge port door, paint corrections, various exterior trims, wheel well trims, fender alignments, frunk and trunk liner adhesives
LUCID MOBILE SERVICE: LIDAR sensor, motor on fan vent on the bottom of bumper, overhead panel, door handle, mirrors, window control from driver side
LUCID SERVICE CENTER: door handle, mirrors, window control from driver side, back glass inner trim, possibly steering wheel (top of the steering wheel leather is cracking whereas bottom is smooth)

That list does seem excessive... but there's likely a finite number of issues before they have all been corrected. Maybe the final assembly on your vehicle was on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon :oops:?

Depends on State but most lemon laws require three tries to fix same problem. Also do Lucids fall under local State lemon laws or under Arizona lemon laws?

That list does seem excessive... but there's likely a finite number of issues before they have all been corrected. Maybe the final assembly on your vehicle was on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon :oops:?
Definitely likely on a Friday evening right before a major holiday or during a time where workers were probably forced to do some overtime.

Depends on State but most lemon laws require three tries to fix same problem. Also do Lucids fall under local State lemon laws or under Arizona lemon laws?
No clue about AZ, but a quick google search shows that it’s a 3-timer for FL, gotta be the same exact issue I assume.

My handler is popping out all the time when I unlock the car. Making sound & never out. Called service and they came fixed it.

Back