Out of Spec Driving Dynamics Review - 1:18:00 Long

Shuasha

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT
In depth review of the GT driving in the city, on the highway, and in the twisties. He mainly complains about the front motor noise, lack of ADAS, and software. For some reason he hasn't received 2.x yet on the test car.

“Lack of ADAS” is software ;) but yeah, it’s otherwise a great review.

I do wish he’d gotten 2.0 first, but I’m certain he’ll get to test it again soon. I don’t understand the complaint about the front motor noise, but I suppose it’s because I actually like hearing it spin up; makes me feel like I’m driving a Batmobile haha

“Lack of ADAS” is software ;) but yeah, it’s otherwise a great review.

I do wish he’d gotten 2.0 first, but I’m certain he’ll get to test it again soon. I don’t understand the complaint about the front motor noise, but I suppose it’s because I actually like hearing it spin up; makes me feel like I’m driving a Batmobile haha
I think Lucid wisely figured he'll eventually want to do a GT-P review. So polish up 2.0, get him a review car, and let him post a glorious new video where he goes on and on about how much better the software is (along with the performance of the GT-P).

Beats taking the risk on handing him 2.0 and him still running into an unexpected software issue.

Not to mention, poor Peter, the lender. It's his car, after all. So they'd have to get his permission to push a beta update to that car, anyway.

I think Lucid wisely figured he'll eventually want to do a GT-P review. So polish up 2.0, get him a review car, and let him post a glorious new video where he goes on and on about how much better the software is (along with the performance of the GT-P).

Beats taking the risk on handing him 2.0 and him still running into an unexpected software issue.

Not to mention, poor Peter, the lender. It's his car, after all. So they'd have to get his permission to push a beta update to that car, anyway.
He seems to have put a lot of time and effort into borrowing this car and doing a month of reviews, so can understand his disappointment in missing 2.0 for his grand finale driving review. It makes his review out of date almost the moment 2.0 is widely available.

He seems to have put a lot of time and effort into borrowing this car and doing a month of reviews, so can understand his disappointment in missing 2.0 for his grand finale driving review. It makes his review out of date almost the moment 2.0 is widely available.
I agree it’s disappointing. But Lucid had no idea he was doing the test (until after he got the car and asked for 2.0) so they had no way of really planning it with him.

I am glad they got him a set of 21s to test, last minute, though.

I’m excited for him to eventually test a GT-P or DE-P with 2.0.

I love the front motor "noise". I don't ever want it to go away, or at least, I always want the option to keep it.

After watching him throw the car into reverse and drive repeatedly to expose a 'clunk', all the while saying to the camera that you shouldn't do just that, definitely feel for poor Peter... ;-(

After watching him throw the car into reverse and drive repeatedly to expose a 'clunk', all the while saying to the camera that you shouldn't do just that, definitely feel for poor Peter... ;-(
Yes and also adding over 3K miles on the car. I did learn from the video :).

Good review, but he's pretty obnoxious and fairly petty assuming his opinions are the right opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own but dang if he doesn't consider much leeway there.

In depth review of the GT driving in the city, on the highway, and in the twisties. He mainly complains about the front motor noise, lack of ADAS, and software. For some reason he hasn't received 2.x yet on the test car.
I do agree that it would be nice to be able to customize the drive modes. I had this in my last Porsche and in my wife's 10 year old Audi.

I would set up city driving just as he recommended. Sprint mode acceleration with suspension in Swift mode and steering in smooth or swift mode.. That would be perfect for me. I prefer the sprint mode for city driving as I like a little more jump off the line than is present in smooth or swift mode.

Funny, I’ve found Swift is my favorite, the steering is just better than Smooth and it doesn’t feel more harsh or bumpy on the roads to me. Sprint mode is awesome for that light very sensitive throttle feel, but Swift as it is I think is the best all around.

I enjoyed watching his various reviews. Nice viewer to let him borrow his brand new lucid!

His review was great and very informative. I remember reading the performance of the car in braking tests wasn't great on the 19s and I wondered how much of an improvement the 21s would provide. WIth the Out of Spec coverage I think he was able to highlight the trade offs in range vs performance. While not quite quantitative, his review of canyon driving almost Mae me want to get a set of 21s, but then again I dont drive like that so.....

Back