OTA version 2.1.33

I just had it happen. I’m guessing it’s a Waze bug.
I just used Waze on my loaner E-Class for my R1S that is in service. No breathing/zooming in/out issues. I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max. Haven't tested on my Lucid as I'm just driving the loaner around. Makes me REALLY appreciate how smooth and quick the Air is (even in Touring guise).

my in and out happens on google maps using apple carplay and 2.1.33. I will try to take a video also next time I drive the car.

my in and out happens on google maps using apple carplay and 2.1.33. I will try to take a video also next time I drive the car.
I usually use Apple Maps, but I purposely used Google today for about 20 miles to see if it did the zooming thing. It did not. Have you tried hard restarting your phone?

I usually use Apple Maps, but I purposely used Google today for about 20 miles to see if it did the zooming thing. It did not. Have you tried hard restarting your phone?
Also happens for me on google maps unless I have a route dialed in. Meh. At least the car isn’t undulating.

The route comes from the cloud.... the update couldn't change the behavior like you describe.
It did. This is the same drive I take every week and I use the nav to avoid traffic into nyc. The nav would tell me to go a certain direction and then when I did it went into rerouting mode. Was quite frustrating.

I found regen on high to be noticeably weaker than previously. 70% SOC.
It's not. I did a lot of driving over the past few days at all sorts of speeds and SOC. There's no difference in regen with this update.

It is for me. I responded to @Daniel2022AT in the other thread.
I am going to agree with @joec and say that I have not noticed any difference in regen since the update. I have not driven above 95 mph since the update, so I cannot comment on really high speed regen.

I got the zooming in and out on Google Maps with no directions/navigating route active. It was just zooming in and out. I didn’t think to get video but it was fairly consistent until I put directions home. I was in a poor cell service area between Lake Los Angeles and El Mirage, CA.

Didn’t see a bug listed so posted as a reply here on this thread.

Going to jump into the regen discussion here... I received 2.1.33 yesterday afternoon. Upon first drive, there is no question that braking behavior changed on my vehicle (I use High Regen), and more importantly it actually improved the driving experience where no improvement was even necessary.

I do not believe that regen "got weaker". To me, it seems somehow Lucid has algorithmically smoothed out high regen in such a way that it reduces the jerkiness associated slowing down. Put another way, it seems to calculate the amount of deceleration your foot tells it to perform and calculates the curve rate to achieve that reduction smoothly.

To me, it's just like "Smooth Mode" but for deceleration. And it makes for a much more pleasant driving experience, especially I imagine, for passengers.

For those not experiencing this, I wonder if any of the following might be the reason why:
  • You aren't using High Regen
  • You don't drive in Smooth Mode (maybe the feature is only enabled when the car is in both High Regen + Smooth Mode)
  • Your specific braking performance was less jerky to begin with, so not really noticeable

I agree there definitely has to have been some slight change to high regen, esp at higher speeds because I've actually had to manually press the brakes multiple times in the last week alone. Prior to that, I probably touched the brakes on average maybe once a month.

I noticed after one recent update that my regen was in standard mode when I didn't set it. I put it back on high and I feel no difference.

I agree there definitely has to have been some slight change to high regen, esp at higher speeds because I've actually had to manually press the brakes multiple times in the last week alone. Prior to that, I probably touched the brakes on average maybe once a month.
That is my experience. But like so many Lucid things, it doesn't seem to be the same for all cars. It sometimes feels like the car has a mind of it's own.

That is my experience. But like so many Lucid things, it doesn't seem to be the same for all cars. It sometimes feels like the car has a mind of it's own.
I'm sure the next update that brings more robustness will normalize this. We haven't received a simple robust update in awhile.

since my .33 update, I can now only access the Sirius preview channel one. It appears I've been logged out of the account Lucid set up. Anyone know how to re-login to SXM?
Did a system reset and all is good

I just had it happen. I’m guessing it’s a Waze bug.
So if it is a Waze bug, what do we do about it?? I have disconnected CarPlay and reinstalled with no impact. Waze is still pulsing.

So if it is a Waze bug, what do we do about it?? I have disconnected CarPlay and reinstalled with no impact. Waze is still pulsing.
I don't think it's just Waze as Google Maps on CP is pulsing as well.

I think it’s best to try to narrow down the problem first. Use another car that has CarPlay to test and see if the same problem occurs. If it does, you now know it’s unrelated to the vehicle itself.

If the Lucid is the only car that has this behavior, make sure to contact customer service and file a report so they can fix it in the future update. Also check to make sure that you phone is on the most recent version, there was an update very recently.

If it’s not the vehicle, you can try doing a hard reset on your phone or deleting the entire app from your phone and reinstalling it. If none of this helps, contact Waze for customer service.

Not sure if its been mentioned already but going into Waze > Settings > Map Display

Set Map view to 3D only
Auto Zoom to OFF

Fixed the issue for me. You'll no longer get the map zooming in when you get close to your destination etc, but it's much better than dealing with the distracting/nauseating pulsing.

Back