OTA Updates... or lack thereof.

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Pure AWD 19" No Aeros
Referral Code
MAXED
First off, I'm not dissing Creature Comfort Mode. It was an important and necessary feature, but any software developer could tell you that it was not at all a hard one to write. Just a few modifications to the remote temperature management software, plus some display notices. Take that feature off the table, and it has now been two months since any meaningful release. I get the focus on Gravity, and I get that the next steps toward autonomous driving will be incredibly hard to implement, but it's time to knock off at least a few of the 'block & tackle' features and fixes that Lucid's early adopters have been begging for. They will be needed for Gravity anyway, so why not write them for the Air first, and then tweak them for Gravity, instead of the other way around?

First off, I'm not dissing Creature Comfort Mode. It was an important and necessary feature, but any software developer could tell you that it was not at all a hard one to write. Just a few modifications to the remote temperature management software, plus some display notices. Take that feature off the table, and it has now been two months since any meaningful release. I get the focus on Gravity, and I get that the next steps toward autonomous driving will be incredibly hard to implement, but it's time to knock off at least a few of the 'block & tackle' features and fixes that Lucid's early adopters have been begging for. They will be needed for Gravity anyway, so why not write them for the Air first, and then tweak them for Gravity, instead of the other way around?
Perhaps the Air will also get a mega update when Gravity software is released. I’m sure Lucid has a good reason.

Perhaps the Air will also get a mega update when Gravity software is released. I’m sure Lucid has a good reason.
I (at least used to) have little doubt that some cool Gravity features will eventually make their way to the Air, but Gravity is a long way off, and I'm talking about some of the basic stuff that's been on the table for a long time.

I (at least used to) have little doubt that some cool Gravity features will eventually make their way to the Air, but Gravity is a long way off, and I'm talking about some of the basic stuff that's been on the table for a long time.
You’re not wrong. It has been a bit of a while since even those of us with little birdies have heard anything significant. Hope that means something big is on the horizon. But one never knows.

Careful. I brought this up a week or two ago and it didn't go over well 😂

Since then, we did at least get a new update about handling trouble codes or something...

For those that say we shouldn't buy the car for the perceived future updates or promises that Lucid has given and not provided, I'd argue that they may be out of business if it wasn't for us taking a chance on them.

Maybe we can get redesigned (based on Gravity) fob?
The current one is a...disaster.

Careful. I brought this up a week or two ago and it didn't go over well 😂

Since then, we did at least get a new update about handling trouble codes or something...

For those that say we shouldn't buy the car for the perceived future updates or promises that Lucid has given and not provided, I'd argue that they may be out of business if it wasn't for us taking a chance on them.
I think you are referring to me. Let me clarify. When you purchase a vehicle, you should purchase one that has the features and amenities you most desire. Then, in some vehicles, you can also get excited when your car gets a brand new feature! I think buying a car on hopes, or even promises, that something will come in the future is a mistake. I’m not sure if this term exactly applies, but I refer to this as due diligence.
That said, am extremely hopeful that Lucid will improve the software. I have been begging them to incorporate features that many other cars in this price range already have. The fact that many items were promised and are still undelivered will impact on future decisions whether to purchase another Lucid vehicle but don’t diminish the fact that I am very satisfied with my Air.

One thing I know they are working on the dashcam feature, THE most important one imo.
Don't know when they will release it, just know they are actively working on it.

One thing I know they are working on the dashcam feature, THE most important one imo.
Don't know when they will release it, just know they are actively working on it.
And when and if we get that, how long before owners start complaining about battery drain from activating the dashcam feature ? ;)

I still say that the feature must've not been THAT important to people since...it's fairly easy to setup your own.

And when and if we get that, how long before owners start complaining about battery drain from activating the dashcam feature ? ;)
-3 days. I can pretty much guarantee there are going to be conspiracy theories where a few people get the update and everyone who didn’t yet thinks their battery is already draining more due to some prior subsystem getting turned on. Lol

Yes! Buy what a car can do now.
No! Don’t buy what a car might be able to do in the future. Dream Drive Pro or FSD anyone?? I can see why some people are pissed off if they bought into “future” features.

Any features that comes out after I purchased my Air or Model X is a bonus to me.

Last edited:
Yes! Buy what a car can do now.
No! Don’t buy what a car might be able to do in the future. Dream Drive Pro or FSD anyone?? I can see why some people are pissed off if they bought into “future” features.

Any features that comes out after I purchased my Air or Model X is a bonus to me.
Yeah, I learned from buying FSD in my Tesla. I bought Lucid for the engineering and handling. Any software improvements are a bonus.

Car is too good to complain about things like a dashcam in my opinion.

Yeah, I learned from buying FSD in my Tesla. I bought Lucid for the engineering and handling. Any software improvements are a bonus.

Car is too good to complain about things like a dashcam in my opinion.
Yup!
All bonuses after delivery!

All I know is that Lucid’s lack of promised features will decide what I do with the Gravity. Won’t be dishing out any extra cash for DD Pro for example when nothing has been added to it. I fear the hardware will be outdated before they ever release anything for it.

All I know is that Lucid’s lack of promised features will decide what I do with the Gravity. Won’t be dishing out any extra cash for DD Pro for example when nothing has been added to it. I fear the hardware will be outdated before they ever release anything for it.
I fear the cash burn Lucid is going through. Not so much the hardware being obsolete. With computers on wheels, it is inevitable. But if company is not around, there is no option to upgrade to newer model. That is my fear.

But, that is the risk you take when buying from a new company. I am okay with that because I love the car.

Last edited:
The updates will come when they come, I knew what I was buying when I bought it and I am happy with the OTA's to date. Nobody said being an early adopter was going to be easy, and let's be honest it certainly hasn't been painful.

Back