FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.52

Yes, that is a well-known fact. What has been discussed here is that the HomeLink interface will not appear when the car is in reverse so as to not block the rearview camera. Therefore, many have wished for an improved interface. Here's a video about it:
Coming from a Tesla. I have to agree. Lucid homelink needs some improvement. Why they can geofence it? Like Tesla where it auto open and closes the garage without any input

This update broke CarPlay completely. It stopped working and then when the phone was paired again CarPlay didn’t even show up as an option. Tried multiple methods to reconnect including turning off and on Bluetooth, repairing with the car, and three forms of soft reset. Eventually gave up and called customer care this morning. If anyone has the same problem, here are the steps they shared that worked for me.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on the phone.
2. Switch to the guest profile and then back to your profile while your phone’s Bluetooth is off.
3. Turn Bluetooth back on.

I had tried all of those things, but not in that order. Hope this is helpful.
That was my experience. No fix, yet. Wll be in service next week and letn you know if I glean any info.

This was what I was going to suggest.

This update fixed literally every single CarPlay issue I had, including the most annoying one: walking away with the phone, but leaving the car on (either because a fob is in the car or your partner is in the car) and coming back would break CarPlay completely and you had to do a logo reset most times to get it back. That’s fixed now, and flawless; I tested it like 5-6 times.

Haven’t seen a single CarPlay issue since.
Hopeful...let's hope a reinstall gives me that experience. Not worried, just a bit envious.

Coming from a Tesla. I have to agree. Lucid homelink needs some improvement. Why they can geofence it? Like Tesla where it auto open and closes the garage without any input
It’s not that they can’t geofence it. It’s that they haven’t. Buyers must understand, and I’m not giving Lucid an excuse or a free pass here, Lucid is a new car company that is diligently working to bring several complicated models to market and survive in a tough EV market. They have certainly brought many features and functions out that the car did not originally have, you can check www.lucidupdates.com and see the 60 updates that have been released since the car was released. If this feature was a dealbreaker for you, you shouldn’t have bought the car. Car buyers must do their due diligence and make sure that the features that are most important to them exist on the car that they are looking at. Lucid never promised they would geofence Homelink and I hope they do… but overall the car is so fantastic and blows away Tesla in almost every aspect of drivability, which is much more important to me than whether or not I have to press a button when I arrive home.

The P button on the bottom right of your Pilot Panel. Super easy.
Thanks! I thought that only turned on the surround camera. I guess I hadn't paid attention in the past when I used it.

Fortunately, a logo reset fixed the issue.

Unfortunately, I've discovered that schedule charging is broken (that might have been mentioned already in this thread, can't remember). This was true for me both before and after the logo reset.

Thanks! I thought that only turned on the surround camera. I guess I hadn't paid attention in the past when I used it.

Fortunately, a logo reset fixed the issue.

Unfortunately, I've discovered that schedule charging is broken (that might have been mentioned already in this thread, can't remember). This was true for me both before and after the logo reset.
What do you mean broken?

What do you mean broken?
Scheduled charging hasn't worked for me since I took this update. Turning off scheduled charging allowed my car to charge again. I contacted CS about this earlier today. They had me do a "power cycle" (the old school, lock the car and leave it alone for a while reset) and I'll see if that fixes it and then circle back with CS.

The only post install weirdness I noticed was the front camera view staying on the right hand side of the main display and becoming unresponsive to touch. This required getting our of the car to manually open the garage door as there is no other way to access home link.

Scheduled charging hasn't worked for me since I took this update. Turning off scheduled charging allowed my car to charge again. I contacted CS about this earlier today. They had me do a "power cycle" (the old school, lock the car and leave it alone for a while reset) and I'll see if that fixes it and then circle back with CS.
What exactly isn't working? Does it not start up? Does it start early? When you plug in, does the app show charging scheduled or just cable connected?

The only post install weirdness I noticed was the front camera view staying on the right hand side of the main display and becoming unresponsive to touch. This required getting our of the car to manually open the garage door as there is no other way to access home link.
Please send a video of this happening. This is the first I’ve heard of this bug and I’d like to evaluate it further.

Yesss! The Side Mirror update is fantastic. Makes me feel confident I won't scrape rims.
Woops...already have scraped rear wheel. Now the question is how to get it refinished. Live In Palm Beach County Florida so any recommendations would be appreciated

It’s not that they can’t do geofence it. It’s that they haven’t. Buyers must understand, and I’m not giving Lucid an excuse or a free pass here, Lucid is a new car company that is diligently working to bring several complicated models to market and survive in a tough EV market. They have certainly brought many features and functions out that the car did not originally have, you can check www.lucidupdates.com and see the 60 updates that have been released since the car was released. If this feature was a dealbreaker for you, you shouldn’t have bought the car. Car buyers must do their due diligence and make sure that the features that are most important to them exist on the car that they are looking at. Lucid never promised they would geofence Homelink and I hope they do… but overall the car is so fantastic and blows away Tesla in almost every aspect of drivability, which is much more important to me than whether or not I have to press a button when I arrive home.
Well it seems that it is geofenced because when I get home, the homelink interface automatically shows and I can open my garage with one touch. It's just not implemented when backing out of the garage. The car knows when it's home.

Well it seems that it is geofenced because when I get home, the homelink interface automatically shows and I can open my garage with one touch. It's just not implemented when backing out of the garage. The car knows when it's home.
I’m referring to geofencing for automatic operation of the door. The HomeLink has always been location dependent otherwise the menu would be on all the time.

SIDE MIRROR: In order to assist with parking, a new setting has been added to optionally allow the passenger side mirror to automatically tilt down when the car is shifted into reverse.
I can't find this setting in my Touring, where is it?

They definitely read and/or follow the forum. I've been contacted directly by Lucid several times looking to help regarding posts here in the forum. I've also had other Lucid employees reference the forum when speaking with them.
Me too

Car Play didn't work so I tried the 2 methods posted (Bluetooth off, Guest Profile On, Own Profile, BT on, etc).
No luck.
I then tried to re-pair. CP then worked.
On the Lucid app, I could unlock the car.
Went back to the Bluetooth option on my iPhone and saw that the phone was still not connected with the car even though I was able to lock and unlock the car just a moment prior.
Is Bluetooth not required for the app to lock/unlock the car and for CP to work?
Am I missing something or did I mess up somewhere?

Back