FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.52

Interesting. I might try that next time.

I had the same problem after updating, but the following worked for me:
  1. Logo reset.
  2. Use Settings > Connectivity > Devices to find the phone in the list.
  3. Press the CarPlay icon on the right side of the phone device row.
A separate problem that happens to me (unrelated to the update) is that if I pause music and leave the car, then come back and unpause there's no sound. The work around is to set the output of the Music app on the phone to CarPlay. For some reason it will sometimes select the Lucid's bluetooth connection instead.
This was what I was going to suggest.

This update fixed literally every single CarPlay issue I had, including the most annoying one: walking away with the phone, but leaving the car on (either because a fob is in the car or your partner is in the car) and coming back would break CarPlay completely and you had to do a logo reset most times to get it back. That’s fixed now, and flawless; I tested it like 5-6 times.

Haven’t seen a single CarPlay issue since.

2.1.52 seems to be pretty good for me so far. 2 days, my phone key has been working…better *knock on wood*. General stability seems good too. I actually preferred carplay not working (I like to have it set up and configured but only start when I explicitly need Waze), but now it auto starts every trip, dang lol.

In all my years of owning Teslas, with auto Hi beams set and forgotten, the system has never “[gotten] it wrong”. Never.

My Lucid, the one where I have to select for auto Hi beams at the beginning of every drive, gets it wrong at least once on every night time drive, and always when I use the turn signal. Quite regularly - and this is most likely operator error - the auto Hi beam function is turned off when I move the turn signal stalk. I don’t know why this happens or why I do this wrong so often, but that’s what happens. And I have to reset the auto Hi beam function all over again.

On the other hand, don’t get me started on Tesla’s soi-disant “auto wiper blade” function. What a mess.
Could it be that when you activate your turn signal, you press the stalk forward slightly as well? I think this turns the "auto" highbeams to always on highbeams. My wife always seems to activate the windshield wipers when using the turn signals. Amusing yet annoying at the same time 🤣

Can someone explain the utility of the passenger mirror tilt in reverse if you already have 360 view?
Thanks
To see the curb if you're parallel parking to avoid curbing your wheels. The 360 view has that grayed out area that hides the curb, so it's hard to judge distance from a curb. That's about it as far as I can tell.

I have made several attempts over the last 2 weeks to re-activate my SiriusXM trial subscription after it simply "went away" after a phone call with SiriusXM to cancel service on the old car I sold. After updating to version 2.1.50 a couple of days ago I started the car this morning and my subscription is back and working well. I'm glad I refused to perform a factory reset that the SiriusXM technician wanted me to try last week. Good job on the SiriusXM fixes!

To see the curb if you're parallel parking to avoid curbing your wheels. The 360 view has that grayed out area that hides the curb, so it's hard to judge distance from a curb. That's about it as far as I can tell.
Also, if you're coming from a car that had it and used it religiously by habit to prevent rim damage, it's actually a huge bonus in addition to the 360 view for placement.

I don’t have the 360 view, but I guess my question would be what’s the point of the 360 cameras if you can’t see wheels in relation to the curb/walls lol

Thanks guys. You know, I thought I could see the curb on the 360 view but I bet it's the light colored gutter that I'm seeing and using to parallel park.

I don’t have the 360 view, but I guess my question would be what’s the point of the 360 cameras if you can’t see wheels in relation to the curb/walls lol
The 360 view is AMAZING. It's key to parking, as it's damn near impossible to see the lines while parking the Air. The ability to move around the car in 3D is awesome as well.

The 360 view is AMAZING. It's key to parking, as it's damn near impossible to see the lines while parking the Air. The ability to move around the car in 3D is awesome as well.
Yup. I use it on my Air and Rivian to insure I’m parked evenly between the lines!

We did that survey, what, three or four weeks ago at most?

How long do you think this stuff takes? My guess is they were working on a lot of the things in this past update for months. Not to mention the many rounds of testing to be sure it doesn't kill us.

My best advice when it comes to thinking about software development: Estimating level of effort is a pointless exercise. Everything you think is easy is hard, and sometimes, too rarely, what you think might be hard actually turns out to be a bit easier than you think. And it all takes longer than the customer wants.

Also, prioritizing is about a lot more than making a small group of owners on an internet forum happy. The majority of Lucid customers aren't here. And many of them are sending in their complaints by other means, believe me.

Sometimes you have safety priorities. Sometimes you know a thing is better off tackled after something else. Sometimes the person who has expertise on a thing is working on something else that can't wait. Sometimes a C-level executive gets a bug up their ass about a pet peeve.

You have no idea how ridiculous trying to plan out a road map can be. I don't envy these folks.

And at the end of the day, no matter what you do, a handful of people will be happy their little thing got done, and everyone else will be pissed their top priority wasn't addressed. It's a thankless job.

There's nothing in this update I care about in particular. But I'm happy some others got some of the things they want. And the "robustness" is always welcome.

More than anything, I'm happy to see progress. If nothing else, it demonstrates that no, Lucid doesn't plan on leaving the Air out in the cold while all the Gravity prep is being done.
LOL this is not funny at all to read the first part of the post.

We have a list from 2023 with the same voting-based prioritization. Does it take a year to get to it? There are more complex software developments happen and they are successful in less time. Tesla does it and many others are doing it in just the automobile industry not to mention large corporations. Can we go back and publish that list and check what has been done so far since 2023? Let's not protect LUCID here, we appreciate but doesn't mean we are not demanding what was promised and paid for. I think in this forum many people with a software/IT background understand it well, to rate the output and productivity LUCID is not high so far.

I don't think this is a thankless job, that term is applicable only if someone is volunteering to do a job. This is product delivery against a purchase order, legally binding in most cases.

Hope you agree with me.

One small wish: that in the 360 cam view, the grayed-out areas adjacent to the car should be some other shade or color. Many times, it's identical to the color of the curb I'm trying to avoid.
Much more difficult but others have done it: retain nearby image data as the car moves and use it to fill in areas the cameras can't currently see.

LOL this is not funny at all to read the first part of the post.

We have a list from 2023 with the same voting-based prioritization. Does it take a year to get to it? There are more complex software developments happen and they are successful in less time. Tesla does it and many others are doing it in just the automobile industry not to mention large corporations. Can we go back and publish that list and check what has been done so far since 2023?
The results of the 2023 survey are available on www.lucidupdates.com.
Let's not protect LUCID here, we appreciate but doesn't mean we are not demanding what was promised and paid for.
Nobody is protecting Lucid here. Instead, we are being realistic about a startup company with a remarkably complex first product. Other than Android Auto, which has been frustrating for many, I'm not exactly sure what you were "promised." Here's a good rule of thumb for Lucid or any other tech purchase… Buy what is already available, not what you hope or wish for in the future.
I think in this forum many people with a software/IT background understand it well, to rate the output and productivity LUCID is not high so far.
Software is much different than vehicle software. As I mentioned in my recent wishlist video, if computer software causes the device to crash, the device might require a reboot. In a car, it could kill somebody. There is a significant amount more of additional regulation and safety requirements that simply don't exist in other types of software. Unless you yourself have a history of automotive software coding, I caution you not to oversimplify this extremely complex process.
I don't think this is a thankless job, that term is applicable only if someone is volunteering to do a job. This is product delivery against a purchase order, legally binding in most cases.
What is legally binding? That they introduce the features that you personally like? I don't remember any contract that I signed that told me that I would be able to make a software wish list and have my wishes granted. Believe me, I have championed the cause for Lucid software improvements. I literally wrote both surveys and created the entire website regarding that. But I have tried hard to maintain an optimistic, objective, and encouraging stance. Coming to an Internet forum and threatening legal action because the wishlist didn't turn out the way you wanted doesn't help that cause.
Hope you agree with me.
I agree with you that the software needs to mature. For Lucid to survive and thrive, they need hardware and software that is not just equal the competition, but above and beyond it. That said, we all must do our due diligence on any purchase. If there's a certain feature set that is important to you, buy a car that already has it. You mentioned Tesla as a good example of this, but I personally know two people that have put $50,000 deposits on Roadsters years ago that may never exist. I will be the first to admit that Tesla's software is much more feature rich than Lucid's, and although I personally don't like their complicated and crowded user interface, you might. If that is so, you should have purchased a Tesla.

Certainly you may be as critical as you wish on this forum. We do not have a rule against criticism. But we do encourage our members to have a considerate and neighborly tone. There are many good people working at Lucid that want nothing more than for you to love your car. I have met many of them. They are diligently working to try to keep this company afloat while introducing more groundbreaking vehicles. While I hope they do not lose sight of their original Air buyers, I understand that they must move forward and feel privileged to join them in this journey.

The results of the 2023 survey are available on www.lucidupdates.com.

Nobody is protecting Lucid here. Instead, we are being realistic about a startup company with a remarkably complex first product. Other than Android Auto, which has been frustrating for many, I'm not exactly sure what you were "promised." Here's a good rule of thumb for Lucid or any other tech purchase… Buy what is already available, not what you hope or wish for in the future.

Software is much different than vehicle software. As I mentioned in my recent wishlist video, if computer software causes the device to crash, the device might require a reboot. In a car, it could kill somebody. There is a significant amount more of additional regulation and safety requirements that simply don't exist in other types of software. Unless you yourself have a history of automotive software coding, I caution you not to oversimplify this extremely complex process.

What is legally binding? That they introduce the features that you personally like? I don't remember any contract that I signed that told me that I would be able to make a software wish list and have my wishes granted. Believe me, I have championed the cause for Lucid software improvements. I literally wrote both surveys and created the entire website regarding that. But I have tried hard to maintain an optimistic, objective, and encouraging stance. Coming to an Internet forum and threatening legal action because the wishlist didn't turn out the way you wanted doesn't help that cause.

I agree with you that the software needs to mature. For Lucid to survive and thrive, they need hardware and software that is not just equal the competition, but above and beyond it. That said, we almost do our due diligence on any purchase. If there's a certain feature set that is important to you, buy a car that already has it. You mentioned Tesla as a good example of this, but I personally know two people that have put $50,000 deposits on Roadsters years ago that may never exist. I will be the first to admit that Tesla's software is much more feature rich than Lucid's, and although I personally don't like their complicated and crowded user interface, you might. If that is so, you should have purchased a Tesla.

Certainly you may be as critical as you wish on this form. We do not have a rule against criticism. But we do encourage our members to have a considerate and neighborly tone. There are many good people working at Lucid that want nothing more than for you to love your car. I have met many of them. They are diligently working to try to keep this company afloat while introducing more groundbreaking vehicles. While I hope they do not lose sight of their original Air buyers, I understand that they must move forward and feel privileged to join them in this journey.
Sorry to interrupt but this could be @Bobby longest reply. Continue...

2.1.52 seems to be pretty good for me so far. 2 days, my phone key has been working…better *knock on wood*. General stability seems good too. I actually preferred carplay not working (I like to have it set up and configured but only start when I explicitly need Waze), but now it auto starts every trip, dang lol.
You can turn off wireless CarPlay in your phone: Settings > General > CarPlay and tick it off.

Then you can still use CarPlay ad-hoc, anytime, by turning it on from there. Or, you can plug in and that will override the setting too.

Could it be that when you activate your turn signal, you press the stalk forward slightly as well? I think this turns the "auto" highbeams to always on highbeams. My wife always seems to activate the windshield wipers when using the turn signals. Amusing yet annoying at the same time 🤣

I’m certain that’s exactly what happens. Incorrect application of pressure, user error. It could all be avoided if Lucid just lets us “set and forget” auto Hi beams.

Homelink already exists in the car.
It was on the car on day 1
Yes, that is a well-known fact. What has been discussed here is that the HomeLink interface will not appear when the car is in reverse so as to not block the rearview camera. Therefore, many have wished for an improved interface. Here's a video about it:

This thread got pretty long and I haven't even started ... is there a place where we talk about how our (android) phones seem to have disconnected?

... or it that just me?

Guess I'll try unpair / pair and see what happens.

Back